[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

Guest C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

But one more thing , the push notification updates works if there is a Stable Build for the Skate C3C0?

I was telling about the updating to Release Candidate 4 to keep it current

Guest MrDetonator

Same error as here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/350717-romzte-skate-skatie-by-ceco-android-235-dolby-mobile-now-available/page__st__400#entry1957749

I found error with Wi-Fi. When it's on and phone is in stand by for about 10 hours, Wi-Fi can not turn on. There's "Error" in Wi-Fi settings text.

If Wi-Fi is ON during all night, at morning you receive the error.

And..

Does anyone know how to save contact to SIM in this ROM?

Guest C3C0

Wifi: Without logcat it's impossiblr for me to do anything about it.

Contacts to SIM... Good question. I cannot see myself such an option in CM7 contacts app.

Guest C3C0

New build up. First post updated - changelog.

There are two options to upgrade.

1) Flash attached update over your RC2 version to integrate GooManager support - you will get update noficitanion after reboot

2) Use download link in the first post

update-cm7-goomanager.zip

Guest WiiSky70

New build up. First post updated - changelog.

There are two options to upgrade.

1) Flash attached update over your RC2 version to integrate GooManager support - you will get update noficitanion after reboot

2) Use download link in the first post

Thanks C3C0 for keeping it current with the latest cm repo ;)

Guest MrDetonator

Contacts to SIM... Good question. I cannot see myself such an option in CM7 contacts app.

That's bad. How do developers suggest to manage SIM sontacts without 3'd patry application now?

Wifi: Without logcat it's impossiblr for me to do anything about it.

I can try to make Logcat. How to create it?

I have Logcat Recorder applicatoin, will it be enough if I write log with it?

Guest C3C0

Yes, it should be fine. Let it record into file before you go sleeping and stop in the morning and in case wifi is reporting error, send it to me.

Guest WiiSky70

C3C0 i know the ROM is okay for me and everyone using it , but can i ask you a favour in the next build ?

Can you improve the sound quality of the speakers ?

Becuse there's a little pitch in the sound when receving notifications , calls and even the music.

And i don't know if you noticed that bug in the sound , but if you can fix it this will be the best CM7.2 for Skate out there :)

NOTE : The laucher you told me about , when i try to install it it says to replace a stock laucher already built into the CM7.2 ROM

and it doesn't want to install can you help me ?

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest MrDetonator

Yes, it should be fine. Let it record into file before you go sleeping and stop in the morning and in case wifi is reporting error, send it to me.

Ok

Guest C3C0

I also tried to track wifi problem but my wifi was still running OK in the morning after 7 hours of sleeping with wifi instantly turned on.

Guest C3C0

C3C0 i know the ROM is okay for me and everyone using it , but can i ask you a favour in the next build ?

Can you improve the sound quality of the speakers ?

Becuse there's a little pitch in the sound when receving notifications , calls and even the music.

And i don't know if you noticed that bug in the sound , but if you can fix it this will be the best CM7.2 for Skate out there :)

NOTE : The laucher you told me about , when i try to install it it says to replace a stock laucher already built into the CM7.2 ROM

and it doesn't want to install can you help me ?

Stock launcher: Looks like it refuses to be installed as user app so I made a flashable zip that will install it into system partition. You need about 5.2MB of free space in the system partition. Use terminal emulator and command "df" to check how much free space you have.

http://tinyw.in/k8wt

Regarding sound. I will try to look into it.

Guest MrDetonator

I also tried to track wifi problem but my wifi was still running OK in the morning after 7 hours of sleeping with wifi instantly turned on.

I logged it today and during this the GSM signal also was lost (I told about this problem before) but I have applicatoin Battery Saver installed and set for Airplane mode from 2AM to 8AM, maybe reason is this app.

With Wi-Fi it sometimes happen during 1 hour stand-by and before I installed Battery Saver.

Here's the screenshot (you can see Wi-Fi error and no signal).

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyp9axsoj4md9l6/2012-06-02-23-59-55%2B0400.rar

post-968903-0-95185400-1338703446_thumb.

Guest C3C0

I am pretty confident that the errors are caused by some user app that might not be compatible with Skate's wifi and ril subsystems in CM7 (and probably other roms).

E.g. in log I can see that app unloads the wifi driver when entering sleep time but later then is not able to load a driver back.

The similar thing happens for RIL. System reports during radio activation that there's an error during SIM IO operations on wakeup.

So I recommend you to search for other 3rd party app that does the job right or restrain from using such apps.

I don't feel like making a ROM to adapt to 3rd party apps. It should be the other way - apps should adapt to what ROM/version of operating system supports.

Edited by C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

I am pretty confident that the errors are caused by some user app that might not be compatible with Skate's wifi and ril subsystems in CM7 (and probably other roms).

E.g. in log I can see that app unloads the wifi driver when entering sleep time but later then is not able to load a driver back.

The similar thing happens for RIL. System reports during radio activation that there's an error during SIM IO operations on wakeup.

So I recommend you to search for other 3rd party app that does the job right or restrain from using such apps.

I don't feel like making a ROM to adapt to 3rd party apps. It should be the other way - apps should adapt to what ROM/version of operating system supports.

So do you think the signal loss happened because of that Battery Saver?

But Wi-Fi error happened even before I installed that Battery Saver.

There's one more issue with Wi-Fi and screen off. When Wi-Fi is ON and screen goes off for about 10 minutes, after turning on the screen, Wi-Fi cannot connect for a ling time or sometimes cannot connect at all. To connect, you have wait for about 5 minures or turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest C3C0

Well I use the wifi off on screen off policy too and when I turn on the screen wifi reconnects instantly. I suspect there must be something wrong going on in your system. I would try to test the behavior on clean install with data wiped to see if the behavior is better. If yes there must be some app causing the havoc.

Guest Redstarr1

I remember when I used AtomicMod that it also had some kind of built-in battery saver. I did the same thing, let it turn off my signal from 0 to 7 am, and it also couldn't get it back. So I think C3CO is right about the app causing this problem (and it will cause problems on any rom). Best way is to just put it in airplane mode yourself before you go sleeping, those battery saving apps must be made specifically for your phone.

Guest RaAmon

First, excuse my poor english, please

C3C0, i follow you after the Skatie ROM; splendid ROM, sure, but outdated today. I search a modern ROM with all funcionalityes of the phone, and i'm considering CM7 family. MokeeOS is... gorgeous, but i like some more "minimalist", and test your 7.2 RC3... The problem i see in this ROM (and anothers CM7 derived) is de CALL RECORDING. For mi, this is a essential feature, and i see ausente from so many ROMs. Skatie do Call Recording, but CM7.2 RC2 and RC3 not; as IceArmourIII+ :-(

May be, PLEASE, an update, or patch, or "to-do list" for have Call Recording available. So many, many THANKS, and congratulations for your good job (Skatie, and this).

Guest mare82

First, excuse my poor english, please

C3C0, i follow you after the Skatie ROM; splendid ROM, sure, but outdated today. I search a modern ROM with all funcionalityes of the phone, and i'm considering CM7 family. MokeeOS is... gorgeous, but i like some more "minimalist", and test your 7.2 RC3... The problem i see in this ROM (and anothers CM7 derived) is de CALL RECORDING. For mi, this is a essential feature, and i see ausente from so many ROMs. Skatie do Call Recording, but CM7.2 RC2 and RC3 not; as IceArmourIII+ :-(

May be, PLEASE, an update, or patch, or "to-do list" for have Call Recording available. So many, many THANKS, and congratulations for your good job (Skatie, and this).

try to use some app from market, tape "call recording" . truly i not try but think is will help you :)

Guest RaAmon

try to use some app from market, tape "call recording" . truly i not try but think is will help you :)

Thank you very much, mare82, but i think the best is integration on native ROM, without additional apps. Is not possible on 2.3.7 Android, may be? C3C0, if is not impossible, may you consider the possibility of integrate Call Recording in your ROM?

Thanks in advance.