XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Titlewave

how did you do it? the att/tmo way?

Pretty much. It was a last ditch effort before I stopped trying for a while. Now that I notice, I used your post for some help! I first copied the .apk provided in this thread to \system\app\ and granted it full permissions. Then I deleted the three NFC libs in \system\lib\ and copied the ones from the "fre3" ROM and put them in \system\lib\ and granted them full permissions. After I edited the build.prop in the way described in your thread. Then I rebooted into CWM and flashed AT&T/Sprint fix and it magically worked! Of course I still have to test if making a transaction actually works, but I successfully activated my account and signed up for the prepaid card with the free $10.

Guest salada

Dear Paul, Seems the link to the download is dead.... Can anyone mirror it in the meantime please? PM me a linky? Thanks.

Edited by salada

Guest ogdobber

Dear Paul, Seems the link to the download is dead.... Can anyone mirror it in the meantime please? PM me a linky? Thanks.

try the high speed link to the right>

Guest salada

Huh, I'll check the link shortly, apologies.

P

All good Paul, was more than happy to support the site anyway, especially since I have now have wallet working on my gs3 with stock rom. Only had to change two lines in build prop. Thanks a lot Paul. Can't wait to go and try this out!!

Edited by salada

Guest Titlewave

VERIZON: Got it set up and activated but I tried using it a few times today (McDonalds, Quick Chek, CVS) but nothing happened when I tried to make the transaction

Guest dandan81188

I keep getting this message when I try to activate. insufficient secure element privilegs for this system image (release-keys). How do i get past this?

Guest spacebar2011

Installed this on Tegra3 HTC One X in India. All okay until I try to add the Google prepaid card. It's been giving me an error/try again since y'day.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running MIUI. Android version 4.0.4/2.05 base.

I tried resetting and then running through a US VPN but still no luck. :/

post-869592-0-91700600-1342364898_thumb.

Edited by spacebar2011

Guest advocat3

Worked perfectly the first time. Moved the .apk over using my USB cable. Started up root explorer (requires root and superuser permission) and did a move to /system/app. Closed out of root explorer, the icon was already in the app drawer.

Touched the icon, it fired right up. First touch activated the google prepaid card and got my free $10 immediately.

10/10 paul.

I'm running AOKP Milestone 6 on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Guest Kermagod

Installed this on Tegra3 HTC One X in India. All okay until I try to add the Google prepaid card. It's been giving me an error/try again since y'day.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running MIUI. Android version 4.0.4/2.05 base.

I tried resetting and then running through a US VPN but still no luck. :/

For those of you that are getting the "adding prepaid card" error, I can confirm the post below worked on my HTC One X with a stock rooted ROM. There was no need to hide root, just followed instructions.

http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=149

Got pointed in that direction by this post on this thread

If you're having difficulty finding the other ro.product.model, try looking just below the ro.ril.vmail section.

You only need to change the 2 "ro.product.model" lines and the "ro.product.device" line, nothing else.

My first ro.product.model was on line 38 and the second was line 87, with the ro.product.device on line 90.

Hope this helps.

Guest spacebar2011

That worked beautifully mate. Thanks a bunch! :)

Can't wait to tap this at a counter and enjoy the look on the staff faces.. :D

Paul = Ace!

Guest *chung*

Finally got Google Wallet working again - not sure what fixed it, but it was probably modifiying the build.prop to HTC Jewel

- Also - I turned on 2 stage verification on my Google account a while ago (after I got Wallet working originally), so not sure if that was the issue in the very first place, as I had to "allow it"...

Guest salada

One thing I have noticed, after changing build.prop to include the two lines with htc_jewel, I could no longer connect to my corporate exchange account. I changed build.prop back to its original state. Exchange email works once more. So does Google Wallet ;) Hope that helps someone.

Guest DistortedLoop

I see a lot of grief on AT&T posts. Be aware that the pricks at AT&T are BLOCKING access to the Money Network, which runs the pre-paid card for Google. At least they were last time I used Wallet.

You'll never get it to setup a pre-paid card if you're trying to do it on mobile data unless you use VPN or WiFi to set it up. You should be able to use the phone to pay for things, but if you're on mobile data, the transaction doesn't record on your phone unless you're using VPN.

Guest Hammermann

I see a lot of grief on AT&T posts. Be aware that the pricks at AT&T are BLOCKING access to the Money Network, which runs the pre-paid card for Google. At least they were last time I used Wallet.

You'll never get it to setup a pre-paid card if you're trying to do it on mobile data unless you use VPN or WiFi to set it up. You should be able to use the phone to pay for things, but if you're on mobile data, the transaction doesn't record on your phone unless you're using VPN.

During the week it took me to get my AT&T i747 working with GW I saw some similar post about AT&T blocking. I can reach the money network side while on 3 or 4 G and make purchases without any problems. This worked on DIET ICS 7.11.12 rom that opened up the wifi hotspot option so I don't have to pay extra to AT&T and it worked on the Stock Rooted rom too. I also have been using GW since December on my GNex International version on AT&T. Just FYI. Edited by Hammermann

Guest DistortedLoop
During the week it took me to get my AT&T i747 working with GW I saw some similar post about AT&T blocking. I can reach the money network side while on 3 or 4 G and make purchases without any problems. This worked on DIET ICS 7.11.12 rom that opened up the wifi hotspot option so I don't have to pay extra to AT&T and it worked on the Stock Rooted rom too. I also have been using GW since December on my GNex International version on AT&T. Just FYI.

It was probably a post from me that you saw about this that I made earlier.

I just confirmed on my international HTC one X, that I am still unable to get a balance on my Google prepaid card over 3G, unless I enable a VPN account that bypasses AT&T.

The ability to make payments is irrelevant to any blocking, BTW. No data connection is required for the transactions, by design of the system. I've confirmed this on multiple devices that don't even have SIM cards.

It's interesting that you don't have this issue, I don't know what an i747 device is, but I wonder if it is a device specific problem for me.

At any rate, those on AT&T having issues activating may want to make sure they try on Wi-Fi if they're having issues on mobile.

On an only slightly related note, AT&T also appears to be blocking openVPN networking even though it doesn't blocked PPTP.

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest ogdobber

VERIZON: Got it set up and activated but I tried using it a few times today (McDonalds, Quick Chek, CVS) but nothing happened when I tried to make the transaction

On verizon, if you ran a logcat while making a purchase you would see the error "Check NDEF Failed"

maybe Paul can shed some light on it...

​I'm inclined to think that nfc apk/jar needs some attention

Guest Moleshome

Heeeeeelp!

Installed the patched Google Wallet on my UK SGS3 (Rooted, stock firmware) and following the info on here got it working and got my $10 on the Google card.

Yesterday I modded framework-res.apk for the Cell Standby issue but following that it won't boot properly. It takes forever to boot, eventually comes up with a pop up saying "Process %1$s is not responding'. After a long time if I switch the screen back on I'm at the home page but touching the icons has no effect and after a while it goes back to the process not responding pop up.

The easy way out would be to re-flash the phone but I don't want to go down that route without re-setting the Wallet which, in its current state I can't do.

Apart from "take a backup copy of framework-res.apk before you do anything" does anyone have any advice? Does anyone have a copy of framework-res.apk from I9300XXBLFB that I could use to replace mine or a way of extracting it from the tarred ROM?

Edit: As luck would have it I managed to find a backup copy of framework-res.apk on my laptop, adb push'ed it back and everything is back to normal.

Edited by Moleshome

Guest Hammermann

It was probably a post from me that you saw about this that I made earlier.

I just confirmed on my international HTC one X, that I am still unable to get a balance on my Google prepaid card over 3G, unless I enable a VPN account that bypasses AT&T.

The ability to make payments is irrelevant to any blocking, BTW. No data connection is required for the transactions, by design of the system. I've confirmed this on multiple devices that don't even have SIM cards.

It's interesting that you don't have this issue, I don't know what an i747 device is, but I wonder if it is a device specific problem for me.

At any rate, those on AT&T having issues activating may want to make sure they try on Wi-Fi if they're having issues on mobile.

On an only slightly related note, AT&T also appears to be blocking openVPN networking even though it doesn't blocked PPTP.

The i747 is AT&T version of the GS3. I restored my rooted stock rom and tried adding a card over 4G with no problems. It can't hurt to try adding a card or balance update over wifi if you having any issues. Good to know about not needing data when you make a purchase. Cheers!

Guest wormyrocks

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but has there been a single verified instance of successfully setting up Google Wallet on a rooted AT&T One X? What steps were taken to get it running?

Edited by wormyrocks

Guest DistortedLoop
The i747 is AT&T version of the GS3. I restored my rooted stock rom and tried adding a card over 4G with no problems. It can't hurt to try adding a card or balance update over wifi if you having any issues. Good to know about not needing data when you make a purchase. Cheers!

I wonder if 4G isn't blocked but 3G is. My phone's HSPA+ only. Really annoying that AT&T blocks anything.