XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MadStu

Hmm, did anybody else try?

I just realised when trying to pay my electric bill that Halifax have now blocked all my transactions on the net on the card I used, probably because I tried it with the wrong address (I put USA zip code first of all) so it's completely possible that it still works with a card added via the website?

Guest MadStu

Just added a fresh card to the wallet, I'll try it when I get a chance. Might not be until Monday though.

ALSO I changed my build.prop to match the settings I used when I first activated google wallet with Paul's version. So now it thinks I'm using a htc_jewel. Have no idea if it makes a difference, but it can only help. Reset wallet and setup fresh again after upgrading my rom. All looking good so far. Fingers Crossed! ^_^

Edited by MadStu

Guest landwomble

i get error adding google prepaid card. installed ok though. htc one x running viper rom in te uk. have rebooted and it still errors out adding the free google prepaid card, loathe to try buyinh a virtual credit card until sure it works.

any ideas?

Guest landwomble
i get error adding google prepaid card. installed ok though. htc one x running viper rom in te uk. have rebooted and it still errors out adding the free google prepaid card, loathe to try buyinh a virtual credit card until sure it works.

any ideas?

Edit - - changed build prop to htc_jewel and rebooted - - works! Yay!

Guest Tenou

Hello guys, i have copied the apk to system>app and set the owner to root-root. (Owner and group)

I dont know what permissions to set, also the app isnt in my app menu. (I have rebooted)

How the permissions should be like?

Edited by Tenou

Guest MadStu
Just added a fresh card to the wallet, I'll try it when I get a chance. Might not be until Monday though.

ALSO I changed my build.prop to match the settings I used when I first activated google wallet with Paul's version. So now it thinks I'm using a htc_jewel. Have no idea if it makes a difference, but it can only help. Reset wallet and setup fresh again after upgrading my rom. All looking good so far. Fingers Crossed! ^_^

Nope :( didn't work.

Guest Northern-Loop

I found the top-ups options in page 1 extremely expensive. A virtual-card of US$50 for US$69 ? they are charging like 20% for the service alone.

This is so far what I've done.

-Went to Borderlinx to get an U.S. based address (borderlinx.com).

-I received an email with such address.

-Went to EntroPay (entropay.com) to get a Virtual debit card, here I've used my UK debit card details to pay and create a virtual card.

-Then after the card was set and topped up, I went to Google Wallet directly (wallet.google.com) and added the card using the Borderlinx address details.

-I tested the card in play.google.com, buying a game (Where's my perry) and even though my Play/Google/Gmail account is UK based, I decided to make the EntroPay card my default and it charged me in dollars ($0.99 instead of £0.69). Checked in Wallet and the transaction was successful so wasn't blocked or voided by Google.

Next thing to do:

-Try to pay using Google Wallet in my Galaxy S3 in any Paypass vendor (Greggs, McDonalds, you name it). Since the card was accepted in Google Play, I guess it will be OK when I try to pay using the card in Greggs.

Keep in mind I'm using the latest version, the one that allows to use any card and pulls the cards you have used in Google Play.

Fingers crossed!

P.s

Using a UK card with US fake address won't work as Google uses the AVS verification. It checks the billing address. When I tried what Stu suggested it was coming up with invalid billing error messages.

Just a question? Why did you need a US address if the entropay card works with the UK address?

I have a US address from US Unlocked but can't see how this works. Seems a cheaper option to use? As you are only charged 5% for loading cash on there?

Guest Northern-Loop

Also I've just reinstalled Google Wallet and my Google Account already has my UK Credit card on the website so it was shown up in the wallet - Clicked add and its added it with my UK address attached?

So does this mean it will work now?

UK Credit Card with UK Address?

Guest DaeronAlagos

I have a US address from US Unlocked but can't see how this works. Seems a cheaper option to use? As you are only charged 5% for loading cash on there?

I can't get this to work for love nor money :(

With the new version of the app it picked up the details for both of my cards (USunlocked & my Nationwide one) from the google/wallet page but I tried using the USunlocked card for payment at MD's this morning and it failed. I have also tried topping up the Google Prepaid card using the USunlocked card (I've even tried using MarketEnabler & a VPN), and this doesn't work either.

Incidently I have successfully bought a music album from Play Store on my computer using a VPN, so I don't understand why the USunlocked card works in the play store but not to make purchases at MD's using the same card.

If anyone has managed to get a usunlocked card to work (either as topup or straight payment) please let everyone know how.

Guest meanyme

I'm in canada and since August 1st wallet has stopped working for me, it wont authorize any transaction, i always get "Denied by the bank". That's with the google prepaid card, ive tried to revert to the old app and it doesn't work either.. so i have 50$ that i can't spend for now.

and for info i used wallet at 3-4 locations regularly, over 25 sucessful transactions, same terminals same method, no go since august 1st.

Guest PaulOBrien

First post now updated with the 1.5 release.

The 1.5 release added support for third party Visa / Mastercard / Discover / Amex cards. This is officially US only at the moment and although you CAN get non-US cards appearing correctly, in my experience so far, payments are always declined.

The prepaid card still works.

P

Guest sensory

I'm sorry to post this here, but I thought maybe I could get some support regarding Google Wallet in the UK.

I've been to two Gregg's so far and Google Wallet hasn't worked. It doesn't pop up when I "swipe" the device across the reader, and the reader doesn't register the NFC. I've installed your patched apk Paul, and unfrozen it with Titanium Backup.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "test" it's all working without having to go to the shop? I feel like an idiot when it doesn't work. Is there anything the cashier needs to do on their end to make contactless payment work? They all seemed pretty clueless about it.

(I don't have any other NFC devices.)

Guest FurryPotato

Anyone tried installing on HTC one x running jelly bean ?

For some reason the app just won't appear in the app draw.

( Installing using root explorer )

Guest FurryPotato

Which one x ? Tegra or snapdragon

International Tegra in the UK. Running cm10.

I'd only just got it working on ICS and didn't get a chance to spend my $10 !

I just can NOT get it to work! WHY!?

Old one stuck at "Activating Account" new one stuck at "Adding Account"

same thing on TWO phones (AT&T SGS2 and AT&T GNote)

I've tried sending the NFC Secure Element clear command and setting my device to htc_jewel, but still nothing!