SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest darkvicious

I have paid 76 euros for the now unlocked and I use it with my package Free mobile in France I pay 19.99 euros per month and I have phone with europe and the united state canada unlimited voice, SMS, mms and 3g+ internet 3go faire use, p2p, newsgroups,thering modem, voip,

Guest Pondlife

Once we get root, does anyone know whether will we be able to unlock it easily and for free??

The two things are seldom connected. I wouldn't bank on rooting.

Guest The Soup Thief

This is unlikely to work, however this French website claims to unlock "orange avec intel inside" - the French version of the San Diego (San Diego is an AZ210A, the French phone being an AZ210B - not sure if there's any real difference between the devices)

Anyway, as you can see, the above link gives different prices and details for Phones on different networks, suggesting it's not just a blanket "yeah, we can unlock anything" kind of lie. Notice that they say they cannot provide unlock codes for the device on a number of networks,

On the other hand, 40 euros is quite a lot of bunce to get it unlocked on Orange (esp if it doesn't work)

Guest Frankish

Finally decided I couldn't stick with t mobile pay as you go. So my San Diego is going on local gumtree or eBay tonight. Buy it now of 170 pounds is reasonable isn't it?

Guest The Soup Thief

@Frankish - you're not tempted to hold out a little longer and get it unlocked? I'd have thought you could get a lot more for it if you unlock it then flog it...

Guest rockmonkey

must be coming up three months now since this phone was launched eh? then those owners can pay orange to unlock it. may be worth slightly more unlocked so surely it would be worth waiting until then frankish?

it has to worth more unlocked surely? it would be quite a unique version and a strong selling point..

Edited by rockmonkey

Guest vermat17

Is there no possibility of getting it unlocked through one of those small unlocking shops on the highstreet?? Or has someone already tried this???

Guest glossywhite

Doesn't work OSD has nothing to do with ZTE. Giff gaff are telling fibes. sorry

giffgaff? lying? Who'd have thought... LOL.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest vermat17

The top one might work, but it costs around $40...

The second one told me it couldn't unlock the handset at the moment...

The third one is interesting... It seems from the comments on the page that some people outside the UK got it working, but others didn't. The article is by kabirsaini2011, who's on Modaco as well, so maybe he can shed some light on this...

Guest lonegunman

No I want rid of it asap probably go low as 160 to just get rid now.

Little off topic but you still have and fancy a trade for a atrix unlocked with work and play kit thats unused?

Guest yoni_max

The top one might work, but it costs around $40...

The second one told me it couldn't unlock the handset at the moment...

The third one is interesting... It seems from the comments on the page that some people outside the UK got it working, but others didn't. The article is by kabirsaini2011, who's on Modaco as well, so maybe he can shed some light on this...

Looks like the third one is in fact just telling you how to flash the xolo update and saying it will unlock the phone, which we know not to be the case. Odd since as you point out Kabirsaini definitely reads these boards, however I hope to be proven wrong, would love to find a legitimate unlock.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gustavbudinsky

i've tried the third option on my two OSD's - it doesn't work.

i've paid 40 eur on the first option and i'm waiting for the code. since Sunday. hope something will come through.. or it was an expensive trying

update - 08/09/2012 - well - they sent me the money back - they cannot unlock it :((

Edited by gustavbudinsky

• 2 weeks later...
Guest punjuk12

Just spoke to orange customer services and they told me something interesting regarding sim unlock.

Once the three months have expired you can either buy the code from them (£20) or go to carphone warehouse and unlock it for £6.

I can't verify this myself (at least until 27th september), but anyone else who can should try it.