SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nikc0069

ChainsDD has already compiled a su binary, not sure about one click root because it's different architecture

If we have this already can't it just be flashed via standard recovery?if so then do you have a link? Can someone with this phone try it and then see if the sg2 unlock works?

Guest spences10

If we have this already can't it just be flashed via standard recovery?if so then do you have a link? Can someone with this phone try it and then see if the sg2 unlock works?

Via an update zip? That'll need to be signed, right?

Guest nikc0069

Via an update zip? That'll need to be signed, right?

Ah yes - is signing handset specific? if it isn't then I can try and figure out how to sign the thing but I don't have the phone atm so can't do any testing.

Guest spences10

Ah yes - is signing handset specific? if it isn't then I can try and figure out how to sign the thing but I don't have the phone atm so can't do any testing.

Well I have the phone and the first thing I want to do is get adb working

Guest nikc0069

Well I have the phone and the first thing I want to do is get adb working

:) @spences10: Sounds like you probably know more than me about the process of actually achieving root - I've got a good understanding once it is achieved but not sure how much help I can be otherwise.

I've got an ubuntu dual boot if you need help with any Linux specific, and just let me know if I can help. If this can be unlocked I'm likely getting it...

EDIT: Actually I will probably stick with my s2 or now until the Intel is a more proven quantity.

Edited by nikc0069

Guest pritsey

I just got a G300 but can see me picking one of these up when I'm paid! On T-Mob, so v happy that it works out the box! Here's hoping for root soon!

Guest darkvicious

hello I ask Orange France sim unlocking code and I paid the price that had, after trying the code he gave me it did not work he told me that I should wait few days for them to find me a solution

Guest zaballe

Hi,

I also have the same issue, after to have entered the unsimlock code, the mobile says me it's a wrong code. Orange invited me to wait too, time to find a solution.

So bad, during that time I'm using both devices!

Guest captainkremmen

£10 a month on payg gets me 1 or 3gb of data and unlimited texts on t-mobile.

I take it that deal on PayG is no longer available, a look at the T-Mobile site today shows their PayG plans to be similar to those on Orange now. £10 a month for a gig of data and unlimited texts would have been a really good deal.

Edited by captainkremmen

Guest spences10

I take it that deal on PayG is no longer available, a look at the T-Mobile site today shows their PayG plans to be similar to those on Orange now. £10 a month for a gig of data and unlimited texts would have been a really good deal.

£10 a month for unlimited data and texts, now thats better :) #giffgaffftw :D

Guest darkvicious

I bought it in a box at Orange France prepaid cards to 239 euros and I have an unlimited package at freemobile in France, which currently does not has not been used because ofthe phone I pay simlockage 19 , 99 euros per month with unlimited data I have fair use of 3GB on 3G + beyond the speed is limited to lower speeds, connection email pop, imapincluded in the package, unlimited voice calls I have tethering and included the possibility of p2p and roaming calls and illilmité included throughout Europe and I can call anycountry in Europe to call the United States and Canada to africa and Japan, South Korea, HDTV

Guest captainkremmen

£10 a month for unlimited data and texts, now thats better :) #giffgaffftw :D

And that's where I'll be headed as soon as the phone can be unlocked :)

Guest eyedentity

I bought it in a box at Orange France prepaid cards to 239 euros

Could you check whether the French version is simlocked?

240€ sounds like a good deal.

Guest mclassplanet

If you go into a T-Mobile shop (Everything Everywhere shops might be able to offer this as well), you can ask for a Micro SIM and get 12 months' free internet woth £40 for a £10 top-up:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/micro-sim/

Otherwise you can buy internet boosters from T-Mobile, which are great if you don't use the phone much for other purposes, especially the 6 month option for £20 (GiffGaff may still offer better value for some people). Orange (UK) doesn't offer anything similar from what I've seen:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/price-plans/pay-as-you-go/boosters/

The great thing about T-Mobile is that they don't charge you if you exceed their fair usage policy; they just restrict what you can do during peak times but basic web browsing should always be possible if a booster is currently active. However I don't think you can remove these restrictions (if the fair usage policy is exceeded) before the end of the month even if you buy another booster to follow on from one that expired before the end of a calendar month (if that makes sense).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest favod

OK don't know if its possible with the OSD using a micro sim but I remember seeing an adapter for full sized sim cards that is a thin circuit that makes your phone accept any sim does an adapter like that exist for micro Sims and if so would that allow u to use any sim card

Guest PaulOBrien
OK don't know if its possible with the OSD using a micro sim but I remember seeing an adapter for full sized sim cards that is a thin circuit that makes your phone accept any sim does an adapter like that exist for micro Sims and if so would that allow u to use any sim card

I've not seen those for microSIM and they'd have to be seriously tiny.

The problem with the microSIM format is there's nowhere to 'punch' space in the card for the chip...

P

Guest glossywhite

I've not seen those for microSIM and they'd have to be seriously tiny.

The problem with the microSIM format is there's nowhere to 'punch' space in the card for the chip...

P

You haven't seen "Gevey" SIM for iPhone then! ;-)

Guest favod

Buy it; try it.

If I had the phone I would so instead I've emailed gevey to see if they know if it works in other phones but they might not know so someone's still gonna need to test one is that the only Turbo micro sim On the the market? Can someone do a Google search for me only got mobile phone web and its insanely slow