[CM7.2] Cyanogenmod 7.2 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest youpi666

Guest sss_ddk

I will upload TWRP 1.8 now, its the same one that Goo manager used to install.

Use the "HOW TO INSTALL CWM Recovery" instruction in the second post to flash it

Works like a charm. thanks.

Guest Ma7moud

I just switched to this ROM from MIUI Final, and wifi signal is 50% weaker and uses much more battery than MIUI, tested it the last 2 days, with wifi i get 8 hours of battery life with 1 and a half hours of screen time, but without wifi i get more than 14 hours and 3 hours of screen time

I just switched to this ROM from MIUI Final, and wifi signal is 50% weaker and uses much more battery than MIUI, tested it the last 2 days, with wifi i get 8 hours of battery life with 1 and a half hours of screen time, but without wifi i get more than 14 hours and 3 hours of screen time

That, and the sound recording volume is very low. It's fine in MIUI and LN. However, I do not have any performance issues with apps+data on SD with my class 10 card

Guest lupohirp

hey youpi in your build it isn't included the optimized strlen for amrv7 (i've saw the sources on thepasto github).

(bionic/libc/android.mk)

for include this instead the generic strlen add this to your boardconfig

ARCH_ARM_HAVE_ARMV7A := true

;)

Guest Ma7moud

hey youpi in your build it isn't included the optimized strlen for amrv7 (i've saw the sources on thepasto github).

(bionic/libc/android.mk)

for include this instead the generic strlen add this to your boardconfig

ARCH_ARM_HAVE_ARMV7A := true

;)

Maybe you can take over this ROM and update it :P that would be great

youpi said he is retired from Liquid developing for now :(

Guest lupohirp

so expect an update in next days :)

Guest youpi666

so expect an update in next days :)

great to see that ! Continue the play ;)

Don't hesitate to catch thepasto for push the update on the goo.im folder. User friendly method for update.

Good luck !

Guest proceno72

Installed with CWM recovery (I had lndark1.1) on Liquid E. Great rom, but i've an issue forcing 2g mode (for less battery drain).

2G mode checked from "Settings" is active until reboot.

If I restart phone this option return unchecked. I tried install the old good LiqudNextParts app, and forcing this option from here seems to work.

I know LNP app isn't designed for this rom, so I'd like solve this issue without using it.

Guest ShurikGreek

proceno72, go to wireless networks - mobile network - network options - only GSM.

next, the CM - the interface - the buttons in the control panel - buttons widget. Select 2g/3g, go to the bottom - Network mode - only 2g/3g.

In the same bottom - Network mode automatically - off.

After rebooting, the status bar just pereschelknite with 2g 3g and back on, and will be checked at 2d.

P.S Perhaps nothing pereschelkivat reboot is not required, will be the 2d stand. Check this.

lupohirp, how soon will the modified version?

Edited by ShurikGreek

Guest lupohirp

proceno72, go to wireless networks - mobile network - network options - only GSM.

next, the CM - the interface - the buttons in the control panel - buttons widget. Select 2g/3g, go to the bottom - Network mode - only 2g/3g.

After rebooting, the status bar just pereschelknite with 2g 3g and back on, and will be checked at 2d.

P.S Perhaps nothing pereschelkivat reboot is not required, will be the 2d stand. Check this.

lupohirp, how soon will the modified version?

+

i have a problem with wifi. i've builded a kernel with so many patches (ksm, new lowmemorykiller etcetc) (but no one related to wifi)....replaced the generated bcm4329.ko and replaced new kernel....and nothing. wifi can't get activate.i get a cannot load wifi module in logcat like i haven't replaced the bcm4329.ko. system is really smooth and ram is manged well....i'm trying to resolve this error

EDIT: ok i've resolved now wifi works. i wish to backport new power manager in kernel to get more battery before release :)

Edited by lupohirp

Guest Ainillia

Glad to see there are devs at work here. And good ones. I hope some Liquid Users with a mastercard/visa/paypal will pay you some $$$. As Youpi666, Dario, and the master thepasto, and the others that i forgot.

Guest paulus4605

I have the following issue that I want to download GOO manager however I get the error that it's not a valid package for my phone model any advice on howto bypass this step? I have an acer liquid E ferrari special edition

secondly I have malez recovery installed and created a nandroid backup.

do I just need to download the zipfile rename it to update.zip put it on my sd card wipe the phone and then update it or am I missing something here? please advice

Edited by paulus4605

Guest Ainillia

I have the following issue that I want to download GOO manager however I get the error that it's not a valid package for my phone model any advice on howto bypass this step? I have an acer liquid E ferrari special edition

secondly I have malez recovery installed and created a nandroid backup.

do I just need to download the zipfile rename it to update.zip put it on my sd card wipe the phone and then update it or am I missing something here? please advice

Be sure your build.prop contains the fllowing lines :

ro.product.model=Liquid

ro.product.brand=acer

ro.product.device=salsa

ro.product.board=salsa

ro.product.manufacturer=Acer

I don't know exaclty wich line decide the device, but it's one/two of them.

Also, install OpenRecoveryScript, it appears upon opening the menu (key) in the GooManager main screen.

Edited by Ainillia

Guest paulus4605

Ainillia, thanks for your reply,

however I am not able to install GOO Manager since it simply states that My device doesn't meet the minimulm requirements to download GOOmanager.

It states that I have Acer Liquid en not Acer liquid E

I know Have:

Modelnumber Liquid

Android version 2.2

Kernel 2.6.29

Buildnr AcereluiquidE_4.006.03.EMEA_C2F

Guest Ainillia

Ainillia, thanks for your reply,

however I am not able to install GOO Manager since it simply states that My device doesn't meet the minimulm requirements to download GOOmanager.

It states that I have Acer Liquid en not Acer liquid E

I know Have:

Modelnumber Liquid

Android version 2.2

Kernel 2.6.29

Buildnr AcereluiquidE_4.006.03.EMEA_C2F

Did you verified your build.prop ? Correct ?

Do you have enough free space on your phone ?

What is your current ROM ? Rooted ?

Also, GooManager apk : http://goo.im/devs/s0updev/goomanager/GooManager_2.1.2.apk

Guest Ainillia

You can't install GooManager on android 2.2, it's not supported

Yes, just checked actually

Android minimum version : GB2.3

Edited by Ainillia

Guest proceno72

Thanks ShurikGreek, but failed. After reboot, the indicator on power widget tells "2g", but on the status bar near the radio icon I've the "H" (HDSPA); it should be almost "E" (EDGE). The checkbox "Force 2g network" on "wireless networks" - "mobile network" back to unchecked.

On previously installed roms (liquid next 1.9.2 and Lndark 1.1) it worked. Yesterday I tested thepasto's CM9 beta 3 and "2G Force" works like a charm. Maybe a CM7.2 bugs?

Can you give me another try?

Guest lupohirp

Here the Changelog for the next version...kernel is insanely patched :P

• KSM enabled
  • Backported lowmemorykiller from 2.6.38
  • FastSleep (new mode of sleep and battery saver)
  • New memory allocator, SLUB, and optimized
  • A lot of Arm Optimizations in kernel from 3.0.6
  • A lot of code optimizations in kernel
  • Optimized memory manager in kernel
  • other debugging s***ts disabled in kernel
  • Using Optimized Libraries for Armv7 Architectures in system
  • FIxed high wifi power consumption
  • New memorykillerfix code in liquidparts(A1 users should enable it)
  • other small things that i forgot :P

i wish to catch thepasto to push update on goomanager :) otherwise i will post here :)

Edited by lupohirp

Guest ccorasaaa

Here the Changelog for the next version...kernel is insanely patched :P

• KSM enabled
  • Backported lowmemorykiller from 2.6.38
  • FastSleep (new mode of sleep and battery saver)
  • New memory allocator, SLUB, and optimized
  • A lot of Arm Optimizations in kernel from 3.0.6
  • A lot of code optimizations in kernel
  • Optimized memory manager in kernel
  • other debugging s***ts disabled in kernel
  • Using Optimized Libraries for Armv7 Architectures in system
  • FIxed high wifi power consumption
  • New memorykillerfix code in liquidparts(A1 users should enable it)
  • other small things that i forgot :P

i wish to catch thepasto to push update on goomanager :) otherwise i will post here :)

Are the same optimizations valid for CM9?

PS: Post here please xD Cant wait ;)

Edited by ccorasaaa