MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X S4 (Sense + Vanilla) new: 2.23 based!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Toystory

Hi Paul

May I know can I use it with One XL (S4 hk version)

Also cam the 4G 1800/2600hz still work after it

Thanks for your reply in advance

Guest juicejuice

Is WorldClock.apk in /system/app?

P

No it wasn't. I ripped WorldClock.apk from the stock rom and tried installing the APK - no joy. Then tried pushing that file to /system/app, rebooted, but the HTC Clock app still doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Guest PaulOBrien

No it wasn't. I ripped WorldClock.apk from the stock rom and tried installing the APK - no joy. Then tried pushing that file to /system/app, rebooted, but the HTC Clock app still doesn't show up. Any ideas?

OK, i'll check the kitchen to see why it didn't show up!

P

• 2 months later...
Guest Nerds 2 You

I am having an issue with Wi-Fi on this ROM. If I am connected to a wi-fi network and go outside the range of the network (drive away from home) it tells me I am still connected to the network even from several kilometres away, I have to turn wi-fi off whenever I go out or I get no data at all as it thinks it is still connected to the wireless network so mobile data does not turn on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll second that, Major improvements from JB over ICS, would do extraordinarily well with Paul's MoDaCo treatment!!!!

I've been toying with several stock ROMs over the past couple of weeks, and they all have minor, yet annoying issues, video not working in deodex, smart dialler not working in any stock ROM [or any JB rom I think!?]...

Hope you're considering it Paul?

D

EDIT: I have a clean OTA download from Asia 3.17.707.1 that I downloaded only yesterday direct from HTC OTA!! if it's something you don't have?

Willing to try it out on my Asia unbranded HTC XL for you also. Currently on hboot 1.14, TWRP recovery...

Edited by DoNcAs

I'll happily add to the beer kitty mate! I'm frustrated with current stock roms not being quite stock, and leaving little vital features out, like dialler smart dial etc... You're kitchens always bake up the perfect flavour, and I miss it!

D

Still messing with my One XL, and I was hoping that someone can help me out...

I have JB kernel installed, and want to go back to Paul's MCR ICS, however I can't find a suitable kernel [maybe I'm being stupid?]...

Is there a stock ICS kernel that I can install. I am on hboot 1.14, TWRP recovery, not sure which version of custom kernel I'm on [i've flashed so many now!]

Many thanks for helping out!