MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One V (Sense + Vanilla - now 2.08 based)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

modacoone.png

onexir1-1.pngprimoir1.pngonexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One V! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 2.08.401.2 release
  • All Google applications updated
  • All third party applications updated
  • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
  • Busybox included
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Alternative appstores
  • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
  • init.d support on boot
  • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
  • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
  • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
  • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
  • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
    • NOTE: If you are using a S-ON device (you probably are!), in line with other ROMs you need to manually 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' the boot image from the update zip due to HTC's restrictions.
      If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebakes are available for everyone to download, the MoDaCo Online Kitchen is available to MoDaCo AdFree and MoDaCo Plus members. NEW - you can now get MoDaCo AdFree for FREE via TrialPay - click here for details!

Prebake downloads
      • Ir2 Sense - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 00519dafd17ea538a2b21e43de766bdd
      • Ir2 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: f50d30316e5398e8a46d1c1081f4bb56
      • Kitchen download

[*]an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D

?rc=v&ri=1368898&p=51eeu1pH&t=A7DtDeW&ty

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!

Enjoy! :D

P

Guest PaulOBrien

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

2nd July

• Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
    • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
    • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
    • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
    • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
      • Refreshed prebakes

18th June Ir2

[*]Updated to the 2.08.401.2 release (including new kitchen options for new functionality)

[*]Improved the menumod to remove the 'long press task switcher' warning dialogue

[*]Modified the vanilla prebake to include the Sync app (for the connection type popup) and the HTC Gallery (needed for best shot)

[*]Added ADB and fastboot to the root of the update zip (required for boot.img flash!)

[*]Updated instructions re: boot image flash

[*]Files are now hosted via direct download - no captchas, fast speeds!

15th June Ir1

• Initial Release

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that excluding 'PC Sync' removes the popup to select USB mount etc... i'll add this back into the vanilla prebake shortly.

P

Guest hackworks

Never thought I would get this. Had decided to stop playing with phones after LG O2X and now you get me back into it. Not complaining, thank you for providing your roms. Will wait for a ROM based on newer versions.

Guest DJ TraX

I'm having issues with wifi not turning on: it just hangs... any thoughts?

Just need to flash the kernel:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Guest PaulOBrien

Just need to flash the kernel:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

I'll make sure this is in the instructions, I didn't realise it was required!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Updated! :)

P

18th June Ir2

• Updated to the 2.08.401.2 release (including new kitchen options for new functionality)
  • Improved the menumod to remove the 'long press task switcher' warning dialogue
  • Modified the vanilla prebake to include the Sync app (for the connection type popup) and the HTC Gallery (needed for best shot)
  • Added ADB and fastboot to the root of the update zip (required for boot.img flash!)
  • Updated instructions re: boot image flash
  • Files are now hosted via direct download - no captchas, fast speeds!

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)

Guest hackworks
Changelog

29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)

If I bake from the kitchen now, do I get the above changes or should I wait?

Guest hackworks

Another idea to save bandwidth to all: Providing flashable zip files to update from a well known build. More like a xdelta based release. Thank you for the nice ROM, vanilla build gives me ~120mb free RAM consistently! Restarts are fast, wonder if I still need On demand odex application with vanilla.

Do you think working on the kernel is worth it for HTC One V in its current state. Frankly, I do not know any area other than tweaking the IO and governor. Not sure if it will show any visible difference with respect to stock though.

On a side note: Do you prefer technical discussions on modaco or xda? Since I see more activity on xda, wondering if you have any preference.

Guest hackworks

In the vanilla ROM, ICS browser crashes whenever I sign into twitter or facebook but the signin succeeds. I froze ICS AOSP browser and the crash stopped. Not a real big issue but thought of letting you know.

Google Ears did not work (crashed the app and widget froze) for me when I baked with defaults (and added a few more).

Would love to start with vanilla, please provide a button to reset to vanilla