The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

what i download was a intel flasher intel driver on chinese website thay some have root with i think thay used this im still looking at it i really need paul to came in an see what i found

Guest kabirsaini2011

what i download was a intel flasher intel driver on chinese website thay some have root with i think thay used this im still looking at it i really need paul to came in an see what i found

We are paul :-D :-D kindly share the link

It says leaked flasher. Even if it is for k800 maybe some of the great minds here can change that seeing as all these intel devices are almost identical or may infact have identical hardware. Not a good example, well maybe, but san fransisco 2 and t-mobile vivacity, different device, exacty same hardware.

That's a flasher for sure, let's hope it can work for us, the big break we all been waiting for. Can flashers be hacked? I am expecting the flasher will check the device it is flashing?

Edited by Guest

Guest ben1066

Haven't got this phone but could be my next if rooted. I managed to register and DL the doc, however I cant get the files from 115.com. The doc does reveal an option for two different models, both the D0 and D1 medfield, the D1 is the K800 according to the guide so chances are D0 is the OSD/X900. This could well be a way forward. If someone who knows how to use 115.com could reupload the files somewhere in English, that'd be great.

Edited by ben1066

Guest rickywyatt

ok the flasher will flash the phone here the log

07/28/12 20:51:52.803 INFO : Please select a flash file...
07/28/12 20:52:20.479 INFO : Flash file OK (C:/Users/Smokeys/Desktop/7zE563C.tmp/Leos-flash.xml)
07/28/12 20:52:21.547 0/0/8 #0: New device detected - SN :
07/28/12 20:52:21.571 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash started - SN :
07/28/12 20:52:27.287 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash failed - SN :
07/28/12 20:52:27.288 0/0/8 #0: [FAILURE] IFWI flash failure <-------------it stoped here i seen this file in ics orange leak
[/CODE]

Guest ben1066

Extract the files properly instead of just to a temporary folder, it may help. In addition, could you please mirror the files somewhere.

Guest shootomanUK

dont no as yet im downloading the chinses ics as the flasher cant see the phone untill i selcet the framewire

these lenovo k800 brush tools have been staring me in the face all week when ive been browsing the chinese forums.

just been trying to get my head round the translations lol

upon reading about the brush tool they say you need to install Visual C + + 2008 Redistributable runtime for it to work

also do not power on phone, just hold volume down and connect to pc

another thing ive read is if you get a failure flashing the device is to remove the battery and all will be well again ( wonder if that would work with the bricks although cant see it )

Guest ben1066

In the /firmware/ folder. When using the flasher, try using D0. As this is the first reference device logic says it should be the first device on the list.

Edited by ben1066