The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

first go here

http:/115.com/file/c2ts9ki9#PC升级工具.rar then click 注册 in the top right coner

then click Windows 版 top right comet

click 立即下载 lift coner install the program

then return to http:/115.com/file/c2ts9ki9#PC升级工具.rar and click

优蛋下载 blue icon next to green program will open and it will start to download the rom

Guest shootomanUK

heres the link to the flasher http://www.mediafire...67cezkql2z4j4jc

PLEACE BE CAREFULL IF YOU PLAN USING THIS UNTILL PAUL COMES AND HAS A LOOK

here are some translated steps to follow if there any use :

(1) Ifwi_firmware.bin --- the bin file to package all the FW files;

(2) boot.bin --- kernel image;

(3) fw_dnx.bin --- FW programmed the boot file;

(4) kboot.bin --- bootloader;

(5) radio_firmware --- Modem firmware;

(6) system.tar.gz ---- compiler to generate the system partition resources mirror

(7) userdata.tar.gz --- userdata partition image.

2, the upgrade operation:

(1) to ensure that the use of M-flash tool normal programming of all system resources

(2) Select the following documents in the K800_0_S_2_071_0146_120510_PVT1 package, the new the K800-update directory, and the next selected files are copied to the directory "K800-update" folder, the folder contents are as follows

(3) cell phone normal boot, use USB cable to connect your phone to your PC, open the phone to "mass storage mode";

(4)) "K800-update" folder copied to the SD Card partition

(5) in accordance with the normal operation, shutdown (Note: the upgrade process to ensure that the battery has sufficient power)

(6) while holding down the power button + volume up key "button and wait for the phone vibrations start, the system will enter the POS mode

(7) consecutive double-click the volume up key, boot the system into TESTMODE mode

(8) the volume down key to select the six SD Update ", and click the lower left corner" Enter "to enter, the screen displays as follows

(9) The system will begin the SD card upgrade (the upgrade process, please be patient)

(10) after the system upgrade is complete, the motor will vibrate, the hardware automatically restart and directly into LeOS interface to this T-card upgrade completed.

The upgrade is completed boot test

Software upgrade is complete, the power-on test, to confirm whether the software download was successful. Inspection procedures are as follows:

1, power-on test: Press the power button to boot, the phone should be able to normal boot.

2, check the software version: Settings / System Information / version information, view the mobile phone version of the software. The mobile phone version of the software should be a new downloadable version of the software.

3, check the IMEI number: Enter * # 06 # to view IMEI number, this time should be consistent and backing.

4, Clear user data: Settings / Privacy / restore the factory settings, clear the user data in the phone; clear the data after phone restart -

Guest shootomanUK

them instructions are for k800 so will be different for most parts but maybe some of it is the same ?

lol

just tried to download that chinese ics, i think you need to register google translate is doing my head in now lol

i think il go and get the girl from the chinky chippy tmoz to help lol

Guest rickywyatt

i think the flash stoped at xxx.bin because it was not in the same folder as the flasher or maybe we have to put it on the phones sdcard in a folder called k800-update then start the flasher

Maybe xxx.bin goes in the same folder where fastboot/adb are, like when flashing recovery etc? In the mflash there is usedata where phoneflashtool is, is that where you put the rom ? Or as you said maybe on root of sd in a folder call, "k800" ?

Guest 0072121

You know the X900 update what does it do? Do it debrand the phone from orange. How do i do it and will i still be able to make call and texts on orange?

My pc is such a pile of crap, I cannot run phoneflashtool as I have some usb lib missing, I think I need to update my drivers, been meaning to do it a while. The reason I think it is driver update needed is because I do have a usb driver update available in drivermax.

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

You know the X900 update what does it do? Do it debrand the phone from orange. How do i do it and will i still be able to make call and texts on orange?

All the instructions are over in this thread

The Xolo firmware will remove the Orange branding from your phone - it will remain locked to Orange (though i gather you can use t-mobile and maybe virgin sims also) so yes, you will be able to make calls and texts you can at the moment

On the other hand, given that you're a bit uncertain about it, I wonder if it might be worth holding back for a little while, particularly since there's a lot of new progress ongoing