The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

Reposting because I edited my previous post :)

if your willing flash just the boot.bin form the chinese ics with fastboot.exe egg

'fastboot -i 0x8087 flash boot boot.bin

Guest ben1066

rickywyatt, I take it you have the leaked ICS for our device? If so I think I have an xml that could work, I'm not certain we actually need to flash the IFWI.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<flashfile>

<id>ota</id>

<comments>COMMENTS</comments>

<code_groups>

<code_group name="KERNEL">

<file TYPE="KERNEL">

<name>boot.bin</name>

<cmdline></cmdline>

<version>KERNEL_VERSION</version>

<offset></offset>

<fixed_size></fixed_size>

<checksum></checksum>

</file>

</code_group>

<code_group name="SYSTEM">

<file TYPE="SYSTEM">

<name>system.tar.gz</name>

<version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version>

<offset></offset>

<checksum></checksum>

</file>

</code_group>

</code_groups>

</flashfile>

Making sure you .tar.gz the leaked system folder and also extract the boot.bin. No guarantees it'll boot, but we should be able to flash back if it fails. Same flash.xml just the old files. I don't see why this wouldn't work though. The Lenovo ROM seems to have no signatures at all, unless it's compiled into the kboot.bin. In which case we still need the engineering bootloader.

Edited by ben1066

Guest rickywyatt

rickywyatt, I take it you have the leaked ICS for our device? If so I think I have an xml that could work, I'm not certain we actually need to flash the IFWI.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<flashfile>
<id>ota</id>
<comments>COMMENTS</comments>
<code_groups>
<code_group name="KERNEL">
<file TYPE="KERNEL">
<name>boot.bin</name>
<cmdline></cmdline>
<version>KERNEL_VERSION</version>
<offset></offset>
<checksum></checksum>
</file>
</code_group>
<code_group name="SYSTEM">
<file TYPE="SYSTEM">
<name>system.tar.gz</name>
<version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version>
<offset></offset>
<checksum></checksum>
</file>
</code_group>
</code_groups>
</flashfile>
[/CODE]

Making sure you .tar.gz the leaked system folder and also extract the boot.bin. No guarantees it'll boot, but we should be able to flash back if it fails. Same flash.xml just the old files. I don't see why this wouldn't work though. The Lenovo ROM seems to have no signatures at all, unless it's compiled into the kboot.bin. In which case we still need the engineering bootloader.

I haven't got it paul has uploaded the ics leak but if I flash the boot.bin from it it wont boot lol as its unsigned

Guest ben1066

I know, however this mode can be entered even with a brick correct? If so that means that it should be harmless to at least try. Then again, no harm in waiting for Paul to try it on his brick.

I can also only find reference to <project name="a/bsp/vendor/intel/mfld_pr2" path="vendor/intel/mfld_pr2" revision="8e611e8f77051ccdad56a60e70135bd99b67863a"/> and <project name="a/bsp/hardware/intel/mfld_pr2" path="hardware/intel/mfld_pr2" revision="6c192a29ae359e8167912fccd38d3aeacabd50f4"/> (Yes I have the repos manifest, no I do not have access to the git repo. It uses ssh and their gerrit uses HTTP authentication so I can't get at the source for the device). Now, both the OSD and the K800 refer to themselves as the mfld_pr2, so I can only assume they are both based of the reference design, the K800 having an upgraded screen and perhaps a few other changes. I don't think that's enough to break compatibility but try at your own risk.

Edited by ben1066

@rickywyatt, sorry it taking so long, I have split to 6 and it is about half way uploaded, it is most likely my crappy talktalk network, it is shockingly bad.

Guest rickywyatt

I wonder if the k-boot matches ours ?

x900= SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_B1202_1208.N

K800=SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_1223.B

(I know the above is not kboot just comparing)

Edited by Guest

Guest 0072121

If i update to X900 can i update to ICS when its out and if theres Roms and hacks or whatever for normal san Diego will i be able to use them if i have the update. Plus is the update safe? Sorry im a bit newbie when it comes to phones :s will get better though.

PS: What are you trying to do now on this thread hack? can i help?

Guest shootomanUK

i would imagine the k800 to be sim unlocked, maybe if we flash the k800 rom successfully with the flash tool we may be sim free !

only way is trying to flash it lol but theres a 50/50 chance of bricking

Sounds like a gamble lol

I am uplaoding kboot.bin in case anyone wants to tear it apart.

Guest shootomanUK

If i update to X900 can i update to ICS when its out and if theres Roms and hacks or whatever for normal san Diego will i be able to use them if i have the update. Plus is the update safe? Sorry im a bit newbie when it comes to phones :s will get better though.

PS: What are you trying to do now on this thread hack? can i help?

if i were you i would hold on for now as the soup thief says, as the san diego is a new platform and everything is trial and error.

you are not gaining anything really by updating just yet so i would wait like i have :-)

but its up to you !

Guest ben1066

The K800 seems damn near identical apart from the screen, this shows when looking at the strings. I think flashing the bootloader should be okay, but don't hold me to that. In addition, I'm not so sure it's an engineering bootloader as the ROM has been build in release mode and not engineering.