The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mtman1
That was one point I really stressed when I ranted at them :P

Hopefully they'll take some notice of us... :/

they probably will, its just if they try and lock down the phone further, or help us

Guest scuzzbucket
Ics was ready 1st may, well we all know what patching they are doing, screwing up things for us. I have never heard of this kind of anit-android stuff. They go completely against the open source nature of android. Lock bootloader, fair enough, but to go to ends of earth to ensure no hack will work, seems like a personal attack on android.lol

I think they're trying to prove the security that they're capable of implementing. A 100% secure phone is A good selling point for corporate customers - think a business buying 500 devices on the basis of there secure nature. These first phones are them showing what they can do as far as securing a device goes. A test run to see how well they've done. Just my thoughts though, might be that they're just bastards

Guest rickywyatt

will i have now got acess to data/local by flashing the older boot.bin but god nos why thay blocked it in the first place as i still cant hack it mybe thay no something we dont

What is worrying here is, what if they start sharing their anti-modding techniques with other manufacturers? Then the android community will be an endangered species!

Also, it is now becoming clear, that they are spying on us here to gather information, everything rickywyatt has tried, they have looked into and sealed even more.

What is their problem man! Is it some game/challenge to them to beat the hackers, like a trophy? As said above by scuzbucket, The security of the device is their main concern, could be for the fact this device and any intel device is not intended for hackers, but businesses etc who need that security.

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

If so there will be a huge backlash like against HTC and sensible companies will not do it.

I think we can safely say Orange is not a sensible company :P

Guest razzmataz1478

will i have now got acess to data/local by flashing the older boot.bin but god nos why thay blocked it in the first place as i still cant hack it mybe thay no something we dont

Have you tried pushing busybox to data/tmp/local and then mounting system with busybox?

Guest rickywyatt

yep and it dont work it says are you rooted lol

ive tryed even this

mv data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak

ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/tmp

reboot

echo ro.kernel.qemu=1 > /data/local.prop"

but all i get is Permissions denied

Guest razzmataz1478

Instead of

ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/tmp
Try
ln -s /data /data/local/tmp[/code]

I'm not sure whether it would make a difference though..

Guest razzmataz1478

Do you have access to adb in recovery mode?

Instead of using tmp you could possibly use the folder where the recovery log is dumped to symbolic link the data partition to.

Guest ikamil

what is the rooting process situation? Where to donate for speeding up the process for a bit? Got the Phone to Russia, 'BACK' button does not work, local sims do not wotk.

Can someone give me some hope, my OSD now is a little tablet only :)

Guest rickywyatt

no need to donate lol i have been trying to hack the osd for 3 and a half week

anyvone got a non orange or tmobile what to try to flash the unsignd radio and see if that unlocks the sim?

Guest shootomanUK

no need to donate lol i have been trying to hack the osd for 3 and a half week

anyvone got a non orange or tmobile what to try to flash the unsignd radio and see if that unlocks the sim?

Ive got a giffgaff micro sim, but im at work till 5pm

So if there is no other test dummies lol I will try later :-D

Guest Mtman1
That's okay I made my micro sim from a full size one I used my orange micro sim as a template lol
lol nice one :) you going to try the radio?