The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shootomanUK

I must of twittered he 6 times now and he's blanking me

Hmm maybe he's stressed out and busy.

Might be time to flog our osd's :-/

Guest scuzzbucket

Sold mine this morning. Its the perfect phone at a good price for people who don't use/want root though. All I wanted was bloat gone and root access. Buying a Note tomorrow.

Guest PaulOBrien

Lol he's replying to everyone apart from me lol it like he's blocked me on twitter pmsl

You know what it's like when you come back from holiday!

Just catching up and also getting all the OSD stuff together...

P

Guest vermat17

Just a heads up, Orange has reduced the San Diego to £179.99 + £10 top up...

Looks like the locked bootloader, lack of root access and sim unlock is actually hurting sales, or that positive thinking on my part again??

Guest shootomanUK

I've sent rickywyatt the key files from my collection! :)

P

Yeeehaah nice one hopefully there's something that we can use to save the osd from its downward spiral lol

Thanks

Guest shootomanUK

Just a heads up, Orange has reduced the San Diego to £179.99 + £10 top up...

Looks like the locked bootloader, lack of root access and sim unlock is actually hurting sales, or that positive thinking on my part again??

The way thing's are going they will be buy one get two free soon lol

Guest The Soup Thief

It does kinda suggest it's not selling so well as they'd hoped at £200. Bearing in mind the performance is so strong I'd guess Intel and Orange will have to wonder why it's not flying off the shelves, even with the marketing push it's had.

Though phones are discounted pretty heavily soon after launch these days (cf Huawei g300), so perhaps it's just par for the course.

I wonder how the San Diego would be selling if it were from a proper brand? Someone like Samsung or Sony. Will have to wait to see if anyone gets interested in these x86 mobiles.

Hope this price drop is a response to the lack of enthusiasm for locked down devices though - might lead Intel to rethink their strategy in this area

Guest shootomanUK

It does kinda suggest it's not selling so well as they'd hoped at £200. Bearing in mind the performance is so strong I'd guess Intel and Orange will have to wonder why it's not flying off the shelves, even with the marketing push it's had.

Though phones are discounted pretty heavily soon after launch these days (cf Huawei g300), so perhaps it's just par for the course.

I wonder how the San Diego would be selling if it were from a proper brand? Someone like Samsung or Sony. Will have to wait to see if anyone gets interested in these x86 mobiles.

Hope this price drop is a response to the lack of enthusiasm for locked down devices though - might lead Intel to rethink their strategy in this area

Yeah.....the fact that it has gingerbread as stock kinda let it down aswell, plus lack of root and sim unlock...well what more can i say :-(

Guest shootomanUK

if we get ics and root then this device will take some beating....intel cpu's are renowned for overclocking so i reckon you could easily hit 2ghz+

even my sony ericcson wt19i does 2ghz from 1ghz stock lol

just dont think i can wait any longer for ics...getting fed up now :huh:

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, did you end up selling your OSD, or have you held on to it???

I sold it in the end. That's not to say I wouldn't buy another if the 'situation' improves!

I'm still keeping in touch with my sources also in case something comes up. ;)

P

Guest rickywyatt

I've flashed the dnx and ifwi from what Paul sent me but I need the fastboot command for the kboot.bin

Iv tried flash kboot, bootloader, rom, os,

Did paul still have the bootloader?

Also, ricky I failed to get win7 booting from device, I did however get my digital camera to work as a bootable device and am running ubuntu lol

Guest brit07

May sound stupid but has anyone tried using the update software to flash a rom by renaming it update.zip on the storage and select update via usb?