The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Just reading through the (!) 60 pages of topic (i'm up to 35), once i'm caught up i'll interject anywhere I can help and maybe suggest some new things to look at.

rickywyatt has both the very latest ICS leak and the very oldest engineering leak I sourced (the one with the (possibly) Engineering kboot) so hopefully that's helpful.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Alright! Up to date on this thread! A few thoughts / replies...

07/29/12 22:02:32.153 INFO : Please select a flash file...
07/29/12 22:03:13.701 INFO : Flash file OK (C:/mflash/Leos-flash.xml)
07/29/12 22:03:14.398 0/0/8 #0: New device detected - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 22:03:14.404 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash started - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 22:03:21.108 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash success - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 22:04:04.934 0/0/8 #0: Flashing OS
07/29/12 22:04:04.935 0/0/8 #0: fastboot -s 324B076AA1D1B3E9 oem system /sbin/PartitionDisk.sh /dev/mmcblk0
07/29/12 22:04:15.139 0/0/8 #0: [FAILURE] OS flash failure
07/29/12 22:04:15.140 INFO : Flash failure 0/1 (success/total) (Enumeration failure(s): 0)
[/CODE] Nobody seems to have talked about this very much, but this looks to me like a way to run scripts from fastboot. I suspect (but can't check without a OSD) that PartitionDisk.sh is either in /sbin in the recovery image or (less likely) the main boot image. Can we do 'fastboot oem system ls /' and see what the response is? There could be a possibility to do a system mount / copy su binary and chmod this way provided the installed system partition isn't signature checked? DEFINITELY worth investigating.
i got this some thing strange sdcard1 is -1
[CODE]
#mount point fstype device device2 size hint flags and options...
/reserved hidden /dev/block/mmcblk0_none none 100
/factory ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 none 256
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 none 767 rw noatime
/reserved raw /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 none 1
/config ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 none 16 ro
/panic raw /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 none 2
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 none 0
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 none 2048 nosuid nodev fsck data=ordered,nodelalloc
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 none 1024 nosuid nodev fsck data=ordered,nodelalloc
/sdcard1 vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1 -1

There's not really anything mysterious around /sdcard1... it's just not mounting it. As soon as we have root we can mount the external SD.

Righto, hello guys. I've been speaking to someone who actually develops the firmware for the device, and he can't tell me any more but he has told me that:

1) The IFWI is the modem firmware for the device

2) The K800 and OSD use the same Intel CPU but a different modem so their IFWI is not compatible

3) Their user builds are labelled similarly to the leak we have, however instead of eng.release it's something like supk_user.release.mfld_pr2.BKB4OUK.devr3.i284

4) They do not use the tool to flash engineering firmware

Shame we can't get more out of this source... does he have access to any ICS supk_user.release.mfld_pr2 builds? Are there any user builds with the su binary onboard? If we can get access to a super-early user release maybe we can use an old exploit.

If you ask me the xolo 2.3.7 rom don't even give you access to data/local/tmp with the orange rom I had access to /data/local/tmp and /data/fota

I've seen this on a number of new ROMs from manufacturers, it's like a recommendation for tightening up tmp has come from Google / AOSP.

Ics was ready on 1st may ....they are spending months in patching

I have access to ~5 build servers for the device and new test / engineering ROMs drop several times a week!

P

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Just a heads up, Orange has reduced the San Diego to £179.99 + £10 top up...

Also, you can get £45 cashback via Quidco on Orange PAYG phones over £140 (although the offer expires in two days).

Guest rickywyatt

I can flash the Engineering ifwi and Engineering dnx but still lost when it came to the Engineering bootloader

I found out there are 2 different Intel phones

pr2 and pr3

Intel must have are flasher as it seems the Chinese have a different fastboot to ares

I can also flash the Chinese ifwi and dnx witch I think is security software

Guest rickywyatt

Fastboot oem system ls /

FAILED remote : unknown reason

also if i add this fastboot -s 324B076AA1D1B3E9 oem system ls /

waiting for device

Guest PaulOBrien

Fastboot oem system ls /

FAILED remote : unknown reason

also if i add this fastboot -s 324B076AA1D1B3E9 oem system ls /

waiting for device

In 'Leos-flash.xml' there's no fastboot commands right?

In 'fastboot devices' does the serial number match?

P

Guest rickywyatt

In 'Leos-flash.xml' there's no fastboot commands right?

In 'fastboot devices' does the serial number match?

P

'Leos-flash.xml dont say anything about fastboot

C:\adb\flasher>fastboot devices

C:\adb\

Guest PaulOBrien

C:\adb>fastboot -s 0123456789ABCDEF oem system ls /

FAILED (remote: unknown reason)

finished. total time: -0.000s

Hah, nice serial number. :P

OK, so the 'oem system' command either doesn't work, or doesn't work unless the device is in a 'special fastboot mode'... Does fastboot see the device when in 'medfield driver' mode?

P

Guest rickywyatt

dose this mean anything to you paul found it in /d/osip/decode and in the setup.sh you gave me

EADER:
sig = 0x24534f24
header_size = 0x68
header_rev_minor = 0x0
header_rev_major = 0x1
header_checksum = 0x74
num_pointers = 0x3
num_images = 0x1
image0
os_rev = 0x0
os_rev = 0x0
logical_start_block = 0x9c41
ddr_load_address = 0x1100000
entry_point = 0x1101000
size_of_os_image = 0x3163
attribute = 0x00
reserved = 000000
image1
os_rev = 0x0
os_rev = 0x0
logical_start_block = 0x1000
ddr_load_address = 0x1100000
entry_point = 0x1101000
size_of_os_image = 0x5001
attribute = 0x10
reserved = 000000
image2
os_rev = 0x0
os_rev = 0x2
logical_start_block = 0x1
ddr_load_address = 0x0
entry_point = 0x0
size_of_os_image = 0xda
attribute = 0x04
reserved = 000000
[/CODE]

Guest rickywyatt

this is what the Leos-flash.xml looks like

<?xml version="1.0" ?><flashfile> <id>K800_1_S_2_162_0054_120717</id> <comments>Racer-A windows download</comments> <platform>PVT1</platform> <code_groups> <code_group name="FIRMWARE"> <file TYPE="IFWI"> <name>IFWI_WW16_LE_PVT_ICS.bin</name> <version>IFWI_VERSION</version> <checksum></checksum> </file> <file TYPE="FW_DNX"> <name>CLAK3signed_D1_FwDnX_FD.03.bin</name> <version>FW_DNX_VERSION</version> <checksum></checksum> </file> <file TYPE="OS_DNX"> <name>CLAK3signed_PNWD1OSDnX_OD.02.bin</name> <version>OS_DNX_VERSION</version> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="BOOTLOADER"> <file TYPE="KBOOT"> <name>kboot.bin</name> <version>KBOOT_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="KERNEL"> <file TYPE="KERNEL"> <name>boot.bin</name> <cmdline></cmdline> <version>KERNEL_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="SYSTEM"> <file TYPE="SYSTEM"> <name>system.tar.gz</name> <version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="MODEM"> <file TYPE="MODEM"> <name>SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_1223.B_signed_MIPI_HSI_USIF_V2.21.fls</name> <version>MODEM_VERSION</version> <checksum></checksum> <model>MODEM_MODEL</model> <revision>MODEM_REVISION</revision> <cmdline>MODEM_CMD_LINE</cmdline> </file> </code_group> </code_groups> <code_group name="USERDATAT"> <file TYPE="USERDATA"> <name>userdata.tar.gz</name> <version>0</version> <checksum></checksum> <model></model> <revision></revision> <cmdline></cmdline> </file> </code_group></flashfile>
[/CODE]

Guest PaulOBrien

Nothing useful there really.

Can you check 'fastboot devices' when in medfield mode? The flasher is clearly doing stuff by fastboot, so it must be accessible somehow and looks promising.

If you look at that shell script, kboot is being updated by 'update_osip --update 1 --image', the boot image by 'update_osip --update 0 --image'. I assume this runs on device and doesn't run without root though.

P

Guest ben1066

Sorry, regarding the previous source. They are working for a company called "borqs" that appear to develop the ROM for this device. I'm fairly sure he has said builds though he would like to keep his job.

Edited by ben1066

Guest domenico lamberti

i have no idea what is going on in this thread anymore (way too complicated for my simple mind to understand) but i keep hitting F5 every few minutes, i dont even own an SD lol, thats how interested i am

Guest punjabi

i have no idea what is going on in this thread anymore (way too complicated for my simple mind to understand) but i keep hitting F5 every few minutes, i dont even own an SD lol, thats how interested i am

You're not alone! Haha.