The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Daza90

I was told last week by a friend who is in placement in Intel in Dublin that the ICS wont be out until the middle - end of September and there is a JB update in the works too which wont be out until 2013 :/

Guest domenico lamberti

I was told last week by a friend who is in placement in Intel in Dublin that the ICS wont be out until the middle - end of September and there is a JB update in the works too which wont be out until 2013 :/

:( hopefully this ICS update will bring with it, one security loophole, that one hole we need to exploit and we will all be happy

Guest Mtman1
OSD wont be rooted.
how do you know? In ics, there might be one loophole, or something similar which will let us root this bad boy ;) Orange/Intel/lava might even unlock the bootloader

Guest kabirsaini2011

Well guys xolo is brand of lava international... and lava is company which cannot develop anything of its own... its intel who is involved in making firmwares for xolo

Guest domenico lamberti

i really hope this gets rooted soon, hopefully that will lead to a sim unlock, i mean im currently in a market to replace my old war beaten (6 month old) SFII and am torn between this an the ZTE Grand X ,i will give it a nother few weeks to see how the hacking on that thread turn out ,its a shame if this doeesnt work out, i wanted to be ablse to have the novelty of saying " i have an intel phone and an ARM laptop" but, we'll see

Guest punjabi

Well, I finally took the plunge and went out and bought one.

My main reason for buying it was ICS in the next or so. But the real reason was Jelly Beans (in about 6 months I guess) but still worth it in my opinion for being almost future proof.

The reviews I've seen for Jelly Beans on android will mean the OSD will be as good as my iPhone 4S iOS. That will do it for me!

Guest domenico lamberti

i dont think donating will help the cause, simply because i doubt they'd hold something as trivial as root for "ransom" just waiting for us to donate, i think they genuinely cant get past the mother fudging encryption

Guest glossywhite

Funny how everyone's willing to donate... all of a sudden. Could have saved A LOT of time if you'd donated initially, but seeing as I never got donations, I never bought one... and never got to hack it.

Guest vermat17

Do you think you could have hacked it if you had bought the phone??

Everyone here has been struggling for weeks to hack it, what do think you could have done?? :P

Guest glossywhite

Do you think you could have hacked it if you had bought the phone??

Everyone here has been struggling for weeks to hack it, what do think you could have done?? :P

Donate and find out. What can I say I "might have done", without a handset to find out?

Guest vermat17

That's a fair point I suppose, though what sort of thing would you have tried??

And I would happily donate to you glossywhite, if I wasn't a broke teenager :P

Guest RHodgett

Donate and find out. What can I say I "might have done", without a handset to find out?

How about you buy one yourself and if you break it we will donate for the information?

That seems much fairer.

Guest glossywhite

How about you buy one yourself and if you break it we will donate for the information?

That seems much fairer.

Herein lies the issue: I do not want OR require one; I'm doing this for the challenge, and to help others. I'm not the one who is desperate to have their phone rooted, as I don't own one, and I don't much care if it gets rooted or not, but I am willing to hack away IF donations are received to a point where I can buy one... for the benefit of others, and to put another feather in my cap, so to speak.

Behind all the talk and complaining about Intel, the bottom line is that most people want to sit around and complain about... A MOBILE PHONE (yes, that's ALL it is, really folks) and they can spend £200 on it, happily, but are too short-sighted to donate a TINY amount to stand a chance of it being rooted or unlocked. That's today's society - it's no shock to me - the attitude is "what's in it FOR ME?".

Has ANYONE donated ANYTHING to any of the folks on here, never mind me, who have been trying HARD to do this? I'd like to think so, but I cannot see it somehow... it's the modern air of "entitlement".

You reap the crop that you sow, my friends.

That's the way the land lies. :)

Edited by glossywhite