The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Knowing Intel they'll patch everything up before release lol.

You are right tilal, they have a lot riding on the security of their devices, no way are they going to make school boy errors. The research they done into gingerbread root, you can be sure they done with ICS, so dont get your hopes up guys as this device may be staying locked :(

And it is highly likely they are watching this forum, so any root ideas or links to new methods are in vain.....better to remain off the radar till we have ics.....the more ideas we have the more we are helping them to lock this device down even more.

Edited by Guest

Guest razzmataz1478
Odd that from current reports the new motorola intel phone isn't bootlocked. If true I wonder if they might lighten up on the SanDiego

I'm thinking the bootloader is Google's decision, not Intel's, with the new RAZR

I would say so, touch wood they may unlock the bootloader :D ( yes I know wishful thinking)

I also noticed the motorola intel device is bootloader unlocked, leading me to believe it was not intels idea to lock down the san diego but oranges. Just look back at blade and skate, they was locked, ok easy unlocked, but note how they tried to make each device harder than the previous to crack. Something they obviously are not keen on is their devices unlocked, especially sim unlocked as they lose business this way. Ok they make more bread by having unlocked devices, more buyers, but it is short lived as they lose network customers by having unlocked devices which ultimately is more a loss than a gain from the higher device sale rate.

Guest vermat17

I would have to agree with you there on it not being intel's decision, as they would probably want developers exploring phones with their new chips in...

But as razzmataz said, google may have forced the issue with the new motorola device...

Guest razzmataz1478
I would say so, touch wood they may unlock the bootloader :D ( yes I know wishful thinking)

I also noticed the motorola intel device is bootloader unlocked, leading me to believe it was not intels idea to lock down the san diego but oranges. Just look back at blade and skate, they was locked, ok easy unlocked, but note how they tried to make each device harder than the previous to crack. Something they obviously are not keen on is their devices unlocked, especially sim unlocked as they lose business this way. Ok they make more bread by having unlocked devices, more buyers, but it is short lived as they lose network customers by having unlocked devices which ultimately is more a loss than a gain from the higher device sale rate.

The blade and skate were boot loader unlocked...or were you talking about simlock?

Guest Aquib4shaikh

I asked Xolo Care:

Today is 1st October when are you going to launch the ICS update

and i Got the reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

The ICS build for XOLO X900 is in the final stages of testing & verification being carried out in order to provide a favourable and a stable user experience to our customers. XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done. We stay committed to providing the ICS upgrade on XOLO X900 at the soonest.

Regards

Xolo-Care

| www.xolo.in |Contact Us. 1800-30-100-104 (Tollfree) |SMS No. 9650444477 |

Intel already done their bit, they provided a perfectly working ics build, so why lava say they are working with intel seems odd. More like they screwed up the intel build and have had to go to intel to sort it out

Guest kabirsaini2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

The ICS build for XOLO X900 is in the final stages of testing & verification being carried out in order to provide a favourable and a stable user experience to our customers. XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done. We stay committed to providing the ICS upgrade on XOLO X900 at the soonest.

Regards

Xolo-Care

| www.xolo.in |Contact Us. 1800-30-100-104 (Tollfree)

Guest technomole

I've just noticed a new link on the Xolo website -> http://xolo.in/xolocare/xolo-x900-software-upgrade it's at the top of the page and says "New software update available" with a "Click here to know more" (that really reminds me of Starship Troopers)

The link just goes to the same page though, does this mean they are nearly ready to release ics ? or has that been there for ages and I just haven't noticed ? :wacko:

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've just noticed a new link on the Xolo website -> http://xolo.in/xoloc...oftware-upgrade it's at the top of the page and says "New software update available" with a "Click here to know more" (that really reminds me of Starship Troopers)

The link just goes to the same page though, does this mean they are nearly ready to release ics ? or has that been there for ages and I just haven't noticed ?

The only link I can see is under the "Xolo Care" link which just says "Software Update". If it was there it's gone now.

That has been there for ages lol......it is for the gingerbread update they had, the one most of us are on now. As slow to update their website as thy are with ICS.

Edited by Guest

Guest technomole

That has been there for ages lol......it is for the gingerbread update they had, the one most of us are on now. As slow to update their website as thy are with ICS.

Typical, well that'll teach me to pay attention next time I'm looking at a site :)

Guest vermat17

Same reply to all the emails, ask for a personal one

I asked for a personal one with a definite release date, and got the exact same reply as everyone else :mellow:

Guest BlueMoonRising

I asked for a personal one with a definite release date, and got the exact same reply as everyone else

Told you, it's an automated response. They scan for certain words such as ICS and update and the system bungs out the same message. I doubt human eyes ever see your message.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest kabirsaini2011

I got a good feeling :D ... one of the guy working in lava int. Commented that software has been submitted to google for approval .... can we say we will get unlocked bootloaders ?? Lets c .. fingers crossed

Edited by kabirsaini2011