Anyone found any newer roms?

Guest Frankish

Guest RussellS

So if I install this B895 rom through the normal update path (/settings/storage/Software Upgrade/SD CArd Upgrade) how will this effect CWM. Will this remove CWM and restore the stock Huawei bootloader or will CWM still be intact.

I currently have the Huawei B888 rom installed (not Pauls Gr1 version).

Edited by RussellS

Guest pOcHa

Thank you, but you misunderstood me, mine already came with B886 (VIP Serbia operator bloatware), and now I have a B888. What I was wondering are the versions newer than that - by official I merely meant not custom, and by english not chinese or russian etc...

I see that B895 has bloatware, will wait for the confimation on B894 from rsrocha, but what about B892?

Edited by pOcHa

Guest rsrocha

B892 is china Unicom branded with chinese bloatware.

By this time it will be usefull if someone creates a post with all available roms (official or not) and a brief description of them (if its branded or not and major improvements).

Edited by rsrocha

Guest pOcHa

Oh, ok - but concerning B892 and B895, is the bloatware installed only after flashing the vendor update.app, or is the branding there from the start? Can you please check that rsrocha when flashing B894?

I too got the B894 and B895 updates, and B894 document seems to suggest it is a finished retail, while B895 is just a test version. Also B894 doc mentions B888 and B891 versions as being retail too, so I do hope B894 turns out to be as B888 - but has anyone tried the B891 version, or knows of a link to it somewhere?

Edited by pOcHa

So if I install this B895 rom through the normal update path (/settings/storage/Software Upgrade/SD CArd Upgrade) how will this effect CWM. Will this remove CWM and restore the stock Huawei bootloader or will CWM still be intact.

I currently have the Huawei B888 rom installed (not Pauls Gr1 version).

Yes you will lose CWM and root,well I did at least.Also,I could not restore a previous backup for some reason after using B895 update.app.

Guest rsrocha

Ok guys, green light for B894. Completely stock (installing update and vendor) without any kind of bloatware. For a start, the animations look more fluid. Looking good...

Update: Browser seems way more snappier.

Edited by rsrocha

Guest pOcHa

Great, gathered as much just from its doc, but waited anyway for an actual confirmation just to be sure, thanks rsrocha. So for anyone wondering, the recommended english stock versions right now are B888, B891 (if you find it), and the latest B894.

Will flash it right away too, but will not use the vendor update...

Guest Pidun14

Could somebody upload B894 and share a link? I'm unable to download the whole file from uloz.to (for some reason connection drops). I would like to try it and see if it helps with my mic low volume issues.

Thanks in advance.

Guest pOcHa

I have seen many using the forced upgrade option, when there is a normal way (without restarting) of doing it with the stock recovery, just check the doc for a guide with pictures. And if you must use the forced option, then you do not need to remove the battery first, just disable "fast boot" option in the settings -> applications menu, and then do a power down - the phone will turn off completely.

Just installed the B894 update, and everything seems great - but I wanted to skip the vendor update (to have no huawei apps), but they are still here? When I had the B888 version, they weren't there from the start, only when i flashed its vendor update - how can i remove the vendor update?

Guest rsrocha

Dont bother with the vendor update. If its full stock i believe this is the correct way to install it. Remember to do a full reset after the updates applied.

Maybe the vendor update also contains specific settings for the phone. I went with the vendor update and no problem found.

Guest pOcHa

@jikobutsu - the B894 is the latest recommended version, B895 is a test version and contains a russian operator bloatware...

rsrocha, why the full reset when the update already does that by itself (i think - it asked me for my google account again)?

Guest Jekle

@jikobutsu - the B894 is the latest recommended version, B895 is a test version and contains a russian operator bloatware...

rsrocha, why the full reset when the update already does that by itself (i think - it asked me for my google account again)?

B895 does not contain any bloatware its completely clean like B888. There is no bloat what so ever try testing it before you come to a conclusion

Guest pOcHa

@Jekle - I did not assume anything, but Frankish said that it contains some russian apps? If you say that it doesn't, then I don't know whom to believe...

Guest RussellS

So if I update to B894 or B895 will I be able to restore back to B885 using CWM (obviously after reinstalling it). jikobutsu had problems restoring after going to B895 so I wondered if others found the same.

Guest FrankieADZ

i think the only "Stock" I'll try in the future is the ICS 1. unless there is something brilliant reported by another 1 before hand of course ;)

Guest bumps

just flashed b894 first new thing noticed. stock weather app now shows a moon when its night time used to always just show sun what ever time of day