Anyone found any newer roms?

Guest Frankish

This is what I suspected too,that partitions have been changed again.

Edit: just looked and partition sizes look same as before

post-796032-0-24790700-1339921515_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Not that I really want to use a stock rom with AtomicMod now available for g300 but I like to try any newer builds in case we find one that is better than B888 significantly enough for the devs to use it as a base rom.

With regards to partition sizes,well they have not changed since I used the update.app for B888.

So I wonder what is making it fail? @Davidoff59 have you tried B894?

Guest FrankieADZ

This is what I suspected too,that partitions have been changed again.

Edit: just looked and partition sizes look same as before

u need a new SD card Sir ;)

miss having the SD-ext partition bit on freespace

u need a new SD card Sir

miss having the SD-ext partition bit on freespace

What because it is 97%full.I usually have a clear out,I guess it is that time again.

There will most likely be 2-3Gb of junk on there.I was thinking of getting 32Gb and still might,but then I have twice as much work to do when cleaning out my rubbish :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest Davidoff59

I haven't tried the b894. Just to be certain, are we all talking about the leaked b888 from the Russian site and not a customised b888 as in Paul's rom?.

I have been put off flashing those leaks incase stuff is changed that wont allow a revert to an earlier rom.

Guest Frankish

Anyone using B895? My mobile data seems very flaky since updating to this, maybe just needs some build.prop tweaks but not sure yet...

Guest rsrocha

Guys, im having some issues here. When the phone is restarted, ringtones and some settings get reset to defaults. I didnt noticed this behavior with B888 (but i really didnt had that version long enough to test).

Someone with B894 can confirm this? The first thing i noticed was if i change the locale, after reboot it goes back to default.

Update: I did a full shutdown and power on and the settings remained ok.

Edited by rsrocha

Guest Davidoff59

one question that's had me stumped is if the update.app system has not been cracked yet, how are roms coming out based on them? For example Paul's B888.

Guest Frankish

one question that's had me stumped is if the update.app system has not been cracked yet, how are roms coming out based on them? For example Paul's B888.

That's simple...the B888 based roms use system files dumped from a phone updated using the update.app. So you get the system stuff updated with the custom rom but not the other things the update.app updates like partition sizes and a few other bits.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

so there has to be one Guinea pig who flashes it and dumps the files

I've flashed b895 and the extracted the system file folder, repacked it with b895 boot.img, + sebastians404 generic meta-inf updater-script, if anyone wants b895 to further play with - without having to use the non reversible update.app

@Gary_J_Wright,I would be interested in the B894 as that is the more official version,which as yet I am unable to try as after the B895 update.app some partion changes or something,means I cannot use any update.app before B895.

Guest t-bon3

Using Linux the update.app can be unpacked using the script from here:

Then the extracted img files can be mounted as loop devices.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

@Gary_J_Wright,I would be interested in the B894 as that is the more official version,which as yet I am unable to try as after the B895 update.app some partion changes or something,means I cannot use any update.app before B895.

same here if ANYONE can supply a clockmod restore of b894 its easy to extract system (remember to data reset / wipe / wipe dalvik - b4 making backup)

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest pOcHa

Guys, im having some issues here. When the phone is restarted, ringtones and some settings get reset to defaults. I didnt noticed this behavior with B888 (but i really didnt had that version long enough to test).

Someone with B894 can confirm this? The first thing i noticed was if i change the locale, after reboot it goes back to default.

B894 is working perfectly fine for me so far, haven't noticed anything unusual at all, in fact I would recommend it to anyone still on B888 (or older) as the next milestone version... maybe you are using a profile scheduler app, or freezing settings with titanium backup or some such thing, or something is changing your locale to your gps location?

Edited by pOcHa

@pocha,

can you upload a CWM backup of B894?

Wipe data and all caches before performing the backup,it would be useful,can be turned into a flashable rom.