[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Shang Al Rahim

If you/someone else with gen3 device can confirm that everything (mobile signal, mobile data, gps mainly) works with the gen3 patch, I might add it to the first post. I can't test this myself.

Mobile signal, mobile data working properly, but unfortunatly GPS doesn't.

Guest shambolic

I was out today trying to use GPS, even with 11 satellites it was not getting a gps position lock... :(

I reflashed the Rom and it's working fine now

Guest thewild

I have a strange issue here.

The controls of my bluetooth headset (Sony MW-600) wake up the phone. If I use the skip/back buttons on the device for instance, the screen on my phone turns on !

I am quite confident that this did not happen before (i.e. on the other ICS ROMs I tried). Any idea ?

OK, reply to myself : it was not a ROM problem. Apparently, this happens since Android 2.1 when lockscreen is disabled.

I am trying the solution found in this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1119119

Guest tchaz

Hi KonstaT,

We're talking about the same thing - sort of. Gingerbread softkeys are in the statusbar like in CM7 or Swedish Snow. ICS phone UI has a separate bar for software keys and it's called navigation bar. What is in the second screenshot is ICS tablet UI and it has combined navigation/status bar. You should check out Paranoid Android if you're looking for that.

Ah, ok, I see. Thanks also for the heads-up re Paranoid Android - I see that today's version is based on this kang - I'm just d/ling to try it out! Kudos again on an excellent ROM and thank you very much for your responses and responsiveness.

tchaz

Edited by tchaz

Guest KonstaT

Fresh build.

cm-9-20120703-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...jxej3bu5u4iw7pj

md5:b9e4dd3d53558e4ede3e5fde01c37f78

-further improved center clock

-added option to change status bar transparency (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Status bar transparency, thanks to AOKP)

-removed profile power widget option (needs rebase)

-removed volume rocker wake option (doesn't work on our device)

-Hardware key customisation settings (1,2)

-set safe headset volume option by default to off (when enabled causes an issue where audio levels are always lowered to 55%)

-Fix sluggish to launch an app (1)

Guest KonstaT

Mobile signal, mobile data working properly, but unfortunatly GPS doesn't.

Yeah, I expected a GPS issue. Script in the patcher removes /system/lib/hw/gps.blade.so and replaces it with one from gingerbread. Try copying the original CM9 one back and see if it works.

great ics rom after using SS7.I am wondering why you dont include in your rom a file exlorer?

CM9 doesn't include file explorer. Everyone prefers a different file explorer anyway so just install your favourite from the play shop.

Guest t181

Fresh build.

-added option to change status bar transparency (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Status bar transparency, thanks to AOKP)

-set safe headset volume option by default to off (when enabled causes an issue where audio levels are always lowered to 55%)

Loading down...

Is there any noticable speed up while using "Fix sluggish to launch an app" patch?

Guest thewild

Fresh build.

I fear this has been asked 100 times, but is a wipe dalvik cache enough to upgrade ?

Thanks !

BTW : I just discovered this great app to backup/restore your phone apps and data in batch mode : APK Batch Installer

Guest KonstaT

Loading down...

Is there any noticable speed up while using "Fix sluggish to launch an app" patch?

Yeah, maybe a little. It was never too slow for me so difficult to say...

I fear this has been asked 100 times, but is a wipe dalvik cache enough to upgrade ?

Yes, and no reason to wipe the dalvik cache either (it's automatically recreated if something's changed).

Guest t181

Yeah, maybe a little. It was never too slow for me so difficult to say...

Yes, I think too, it never was too slow, but other people says it was.

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Yeah, I expected a GPS issue. Script in the patcher removes /system/lib/hw/gps.blade.so and replaces it with one from gingerbread. Try copying the original CM9 one back and see if it works.

a., Replaced original files. Sorry, not working.

b., Reinstall original CM9 KostaKANG for test. Unfortunatly GPS not working with base packes too. GEN3 patch not changed GPS status. Before GEN3 patch: not working mobile signal, mobile data and GPS. After GEN3 patch: working mobile signal and data, but no GPS.

Sorry for my terrible english.

Just flashed the 03/07 update coming from the 27/06 build and now when i reboot i have two clocks on the status bar one in the center and one on the right, If i tick center clock option in the status bar setting it will revert back to one clock until i reboot again then I am back to two clock.

Anyone else getting this?

Edit - Boots normally with only one clock if i have the center clock option enabled but still duplicated if center clock option is not enabled

Edited by Guest

Guest matcho13579

Just flashed the 03/07 update coming from the 27/06 build and now when i reboot i have two clocks on the status bar one in the center and one on the right, If i tick center clock option in the status bar setting it will revert back to one clock until i reboot again then I am back to two clock.

Anyone else getting this?

Same for me, here's the screenshot:

screenshot2012070312591.png

yes, just enable/disable center clock from the setting->system menu

It's is working, but only for a while...when I plugged in an USB cable(or just something is updating in the status bar - for example, when restoring an app with Titanium Backup and icon appears in status bar), it shows me two clocks again

Edited by matcho13579

Guest KonstaT

Same for me, here's the screenshot:

It's is working, but only for a while...when I plugged in an USB cable(or just something is updating in the status bar - for example, when restoring an app with Titanium Backup and icon appears in status bar), it shows me two clocks again

Yeah, there seems to be a small bug related to the notification ticker. I'll make a fix for it in a bit.

This should do it.

CM9-clock-notificationticker-fix.zip

Yeah, there seems to be a small bug related to the notification ticker. I'll make a fix for it in a bit.

This should do it.

just flashed fix working great now cheers konstaT , great ICS rom

Guest Cyclothunder

Thanks !

BTW : I just discovered this great app to backup/restore your phone apps and data in batch mode : APK Batch Installer

Nice share thanks!

Guest The Guvnor

Just flashing now. Thanks KanstaT for your hard work and updates, and also never ending support. Most of which seem to be the same old questions :)

Guest jimwormold

Wow! Great work guys!

A couple of questions that I can't find answers to:

1. My phone is a Euro Gen1, which I have upgraded to Gen2 via TPT (I believe - it was a long time ago). Which TPT do I use? (UPDATE - Please ignore, Blade Checker tells me to use Gen1 style TPTs)

2. If it all goes horribly wrong, can I revert in any way so that I can get CM7 up and running again? ie can I use a TPT to put my partitions back (along with CWM Recovery) and install a previously backed up ROM?

3. Does GPS work?

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Guest pankajtejawat

Hey Kang,

I need your help on enabling swap on this rom, I tried Swapper2, SwapIt Expander and Swapper Configuration but none of them worked :(

I have Chinese blade with 167mb ram, and most of the application crashes due to low memory conditions.

btw good work on the row and keep it up :)

Thanks,

Pankaj

Hi Konsta,

Still looking for any workaround to enable swap. I too want to use this rom on my device :( when I use SwapIt Expander it says that the kernel doesn't support swap feature. Can I do some patch to enable it?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Guest gunapriyan

Everything working for me. But I am facing one problem from beginning. When i make call or receive call, the phone screen went off. The immediate back screen only displayed. So i am unable to end call. (I am using "Power button" for end call"). How to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Guest jventura

Everything working for me. But I am facing one problem from beginning. When i make call or receive call, the phone screen went off. The immediate back screen only displayed. So i am unable to end call. (I am using "Power button" for end call"). How to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Calibrate proximity sensor at Settings -> Advanced -> Calibrate Proximity Sensor.

Press that option and while you don't receive a confirmation of success, don't put anything near the top of the phone (where the proximity sensor is)..

Edit: Oh, you seem to be talking about another thing, I think.. If that is so, the "phone call" can be accessed in the status bar also. Then you can end it..

Edited by jventura

Guest gunapriyan

Thanks boss. I will try...But if we tried to make call or receive call, the phone screen (with Red Button) stay means, my problem will solve.

Calibrate proximity sensor at Settings -> Advanced -> Calibrate Proximity Sensor.

Press that option and while you don't receive a confirmation of success, don't put anything near the top of the phone (where the proximity sensor is)..

Edit: Oh, you seem to be talking about another thing, I think.. If that is so, the "phone call" can be accessed in the status bar also. Then you can end it..