[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest habbo45

anyone haves problem witch you tube app?

this just dont open! appears "unfortunately, You Tube has stopped"

i re-intaled the rom and this still dont open.

ty for replyes

Guest Shahmatt

You won't have FM radio on a Blade with any ICS ROM.

Buy an MW-600 or revert to Gingerbread if that's really important to you ;)

Yes I know that the FM radio does not work on any ICS ROM. I use GB right now and am reluctant to switch because the FM radio does not work.

What I'm trying to find out is if there is hope that the problem can be fixed? Or is it just too deep rooted to work out given the present available information?

Guest gunapriyan

If i change, system hang with boot animation.....

Is there any alternative solution to install this font?

Yes, that's what I used.

Guest KonstaT

Where I found GEN3 GPS libs? (libloc-rpc.so and libcommondefs.so) From MMHMPRLS9 GEN3 patch? Every file i changed, permissin is OK - only now, early I dont change to correct value - reboot. ;-)

Logcat. :.(

OK I 'v got logcat.txt, but how i send it to you?

Easier if you just install the MMHMP GEN3 patch and then sort everything out in /system/lib/hw after that.

Attach the logcat to you post or post it to pastebin.

How to change the carrier label?

Remove back cover -> Remove battery -> Replace SIM card with one from a different carrier -> Reboot ;)

Yes I know that the FM radio does not work on any ICS ROM. I use GB right now and am reluctant to switch because the FM radio does not work.

What I'm trying to find out is if there is hope that the problem can be fixed? Or is it just too deep rooted to work out given the present available information?

It needs to have all the parts for FM radio support to be added to the framework. It will be added when it's added to CM9 - no ETAs.

FM radio works on most platforms (other than ours) with an external app (Spirit FM) so it's really not on top of anyone's priority list.

Guest thewild

Couple of new things in the next build. I'm starting to run out of ideas. :P

Well, there are many good ideas in other roms that you could integrate in your kang, but it depens how far from a pure CM9 you are ready to go.

Guest ufizo

My screen sometimes refuses to turn on.

I get messages, and calls which I can pick up blindly, because I know where to swipe,.. but the screen doesn’t turn on, until I pull my battery out.

P.S. Screen on animations: Checked.

Guest Cyclothunder

post-834050-0-51664000-1341483815_thumb.

What about a circular battery icon? :)

Guest styrofoam

KonstaT I have a lot of idéas for you! :-p

Could you put the network icon still blue instead of gray when it is not connected to the Internet? Possible in the next build? thanks! :-D

Guest KonstaT

Well, there are many good ideas in other roms that you could integrate in your kang, but it depens how far from a pure CM9 you are ready to go.

I try to keep it at simple as possible. Keeping it "pure CM9" isn't any problem or in that case this ROM wouldn't exist in the first place. On the other hand, there is no point in porting all the nonsense settings that no one uses (and especially me of course).

I would like to have ability to organize bookmarks in stock browser just by dragging and dropping but that's way out of my league. Only thing that annoys me at the moment really.

What about a circular battery icon? :)

CM9 has a theme engine. You can use a theme that has a circle battery icon.

KonstaT I have a lot of idéas for you! :-p

Could you put the network icon still blue instead of gray when it is not connected to the Internet? Possible in the next build? thanks! :-D

It's blue when your connected to Google services. Sorry, that's the way it needs to be, I'm not going to change that.

Guest Francius

"Remove back cover -> Remove battery -> Replace SIM card with one from a different carrier -> Reboot"

THX I'm do it now :)

Guest thewild

I try to keep it at simple as possible. Keeping it "pure CM9" isn't any problem or in that case this ROM wouldn't exist in the first place. On the other hand, there is no point in porting all the nonsense settings that no one uses (and especially me of course).

Some usefull settings found in other roms :

- energy savings (turn off data when sleeping, with interval checks)

- hot reboot (maybe useless since reboots are not needed on konstakang ;))

- long press on back to kill app (maybe that's included, but I haven't found it in settings)

- long press on back to kill app (maybe that's included, but I haven't found it in settings)

The first point would be really great, but is it feasible in the first place?

Second point is not useful for the provided reason.

Third point is already implemented: Settings > Developer settings > last entry

The only thing I could think of is the possibility to change the sound profile (vibrator/silent/normal) directly on the lockscreen. Maybe it is available in the "activities" section, but I couldn't find it...

Oh probably unrelated, but is there a way to minimize the time it takes the screen to switch on? It can take up to one second, which is definitely not practical...

Guest HumaDroid

Can you add a black background theme for sms app?

Guest thewild
The first point would be really great, but is it feasible in the first place?

It's implemented in Burstlam's ROM, so it might be an AOKP feature.

Third point is already implemented: Settings > Developer settings > last entry

Thanks ! I was looking in settings>system>hardware keys

I thought it was a logical place to look for this option.

Guest topyli

When exactly did KonstaT announce that he will make the features of his ROMs into a popularity contest? I for one missed the memo. I have enjoyed his work for a long time now and I'm immensely grateful. I did disagree with a design decision once (in Swedish Snow) but I'm grown up enough to shut up when the man says no.

These wishlists we're getting on this thread are pretty much useless. You can read the first post and see what this ROM is aiming to be. Please don't add too much noise. Thank you :-)

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

Has anybody experienced everything slowing down massively when wireless is on - to the point of making it unusable?

Or is it just me?

Jim

When exactly did KonstaT announce that he will make the features of his ROMs into a popularity contest? I for one missed the memo. I have enjoyed his work for a long time now and I'm immensely grateful. I did disagree with a design decision once (in Swedish Snow) but I'm grown up enough to shut up when the man says no.

These wishlists we're getting on this thread are pretty much useless. You can read the first post and see what this ROM is aiming to be. Please don't add too much noise. Thank you :-)

My friend you should re-read the last page where KonstaT wrote:

Maybe (unlikely) we misunderstood, but I think he clearly meant that he was open to suggestions...

Now I must admit I can't disagree on the wishlist aspect being a bit annoying, but unfortunately I don't see any alternative ;)

Guest KonstaT

-you can use some external app for that, e.g. Juice Defender or Green Power

-proper reboot is always better and it doesn't take that much longer. There's a hot reboot option in the navbar setting where it's quite handy.

-it's under developer options like already mentioned

The only thing I could think of is the possibility to change the sound profile (vibrator/silent/normal) directly on the lockscreen. Maybe it is available in the "activities" section, but I couldn't find it...

You can access notification power widget from the lockscreen so it might be best to put the sound option there.

Maybe (unlikely) we misunderstood, but I think he clearly meant that he was open to suggestions...

Now I must admit I can't disagree on the wishlist aspect being a bit annoying, but unfortunately I don't see any alternative ;)

Yeah, it meant that I was open for suggestions. It's always nice to have people with good ideas tell me what I need to have. ;)

It still doesn't mean that any of the suggestions will ever happen and there's no point in asking for things that I already said no to (black sms app background etc). And if that's not enough, greatest thing about open source is that you can also always do it yourself.

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Can you add a black background theme for sms app?

+1 ohh and e-mail too.

Edited by Shang Al Rahim

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Easier if you just install the MMHMP GEN3 patch and then sort everything out in /system/lib/hw after that.

Attach the logcat to you post or post it to pastebin.

Attached to post #401