[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bensh_ll

Is the problem with sending messages solved, or it is still there?

I never used the FB app for sending messages. Using the FB Messenger everything works fine for me!

Also Friendcaster works for sending messages..

EDIT:

Yeah.. you're right. There's a messages bug in Friendcaster that leads to occasional error's in loading messages!

Edited by bensh_ll

Guest thewild

Yeah, I think it's Nexus S. It requires fair amount kernel work and since it's completely different device/board platform, it can't be directly ported. You better ask from someone who knows about kernel development.

Yes maybe its a bit toot tricky and dangerous to be included in system settings. I tking I'll just try to make my own cable then. Thanks anyway.

Hi Konstat !

Another suggestion here. Would it be possible to have an option to turn on USB Fastcharge ?

There is a built-in limitation on the blade to cap the charge rate when plugged via USB, but this can be very annoying when, for instance, you are charging via a car adapter and this one is cable like a real usb data cable. The Blade will only charge at 500mA I believen when it could charge up to 750mA.

That's a big difference : when using Google Navigation (i.e. screen on, GPS on, Data on) and charging in my car, my Blade discharges faster than it charges.

Another option is to buy a new USB->MicroUSB cable and tweaking it, but if it could be done via software that would be very nice.

I *think* I've seen this option in a ROM once, but I can't remember which one...

What? There is no built in limitation on the blade to "cap" charge rate on USB. The USB spec (USB 2) allows a max of 500mA. You cannot pull 500mA+ over USB 2 without having multiple input ports. Usually the 500mA is allocated per host controller, not per port. I .e. the common 2 USB ports on the front of a computer will have ~500mA between them for devices to share, not 500mA each.

You have yourself a dud car charger then. Many still have intact data lines, so the phone thinks it's connected to USB rather than just pure AC. AC chargers are not "USB" per se, they just use the same connector. Sort of like some odd novelty things use a 3.5mm TRS connector for power.

Guest jimwormold

Hi Konstat !

Another suggestion here. Would it be possible to have an option to turn on USB Fastcharge ?

There is a built-in limitation on the blade to cap the charge rate when plugged via USB, but this can be very annoying when, for instance, you are charging via a car adapter and this one is cable like a real usb data cable. The Blade will only charge at 500mA I believen when it could charge up to 750mA.

That's a big difference : when using Google Navigation (i.e. screen on, GPS on, Data on) and charging in my car, my Blade discharges faster than it charges.

Another option is to buy a new USB->MicroUSB cable and tweaking it, but if it could be done via software that would be very nice.

I *think* I've seen this option in a ROM once, but I can't remember which one...

I think this is more to do with the charger you're using. I got myself a 1A charger for the car, and the days of the battery draining faster than it was charging were over!

Guest thewild
What? There is no built in limitation on the blade to "cap" charge rate on USB. The USB spec (USB 2) allows a max of 500mA. You cannot pull 500mA+ over USB 2 without having multiple input ports. Usually the 500mA is allocated per host controller, not per port. I .e. the common 2 USB ports on the front of a computer will have ~500mA between them for devices to share, not 500mA each.

Yes, there is a limitation on the blade to cap the charge rate on USB. What makes you think otherwise ?

You can search XDA for "fast charge", you'll get a lot of posts about phones limiting current when plugged in a USB port (not specifically for the blade, but it is just the same problem).

USB 2.0 specs have been revised since when they where first released, and one of the revision includes Charging Downstream Ports and Dedicated Charging Port. For an USB charger to work as a Dedicated Charging Port, D+ and D- must be shorted. Then current output can go up to 1.8A.

A Charging Downstream Port can output up to 1.5A.

You have yourself a dud car charger then. Many still have intact data lines, so the phone thinks it's connected to USB rather than just pure AC. AC chargers are not "USB" per se, they just use the same connector. Sort of like some odd novelty things use a 3.5mm TRS connector for power.

Well yes, that's exactly the problem, the data lines are not shorted.

So the solution is either to have a Fast Charge option (i.e. draw max current from USB port even if data lines are not shorted), or to tweak my car charger or USB cable.

@ jimwormold : yes, as I just said I know that it is the charger, but as I said the charger CAN deliver more than 350mA, it's the blade that is limiting its charge rate because de D+ D- lines are opened.

Anyway, after Konstat's answer I am only left with the option to tweak my car charger ! ;)

Guest goldharbor

How can i test the rom in Windows? I want put some system app and remove other but i need test it before wipe phone

Edited by goldharbor

Guest jimwormold

@ jimwormold : yes, as I just said I know that it is the charger, but as I said the charger CAN deliver more than 350mA, it's the blade that is limiting its charge rate because de D+ D- lines are opened.

Humblest apologies, I missed that!

Guest KonstaT

Fresh build. Again quite a lot of code has been merged into CM9 since the last build. There've added some new features to the camera app that don't unfortunately work on our device (I'll probably hide them later if someone else doesn't). It also seems to make the camera app's settings menu to behave a bit weird.

cm-9-20120710-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...6oi9vwml23qs66x

md5:35b3577cb390965f6455862d6672ad5b

-Camera: add burst mode (up to 20 shots)

-ZTE Blade: Make the sensors.c return the correct Accelerator device name.

-Trebuchet: Options to set the grid size in the app drawer.

Guest stanvladut

do you have problems like contacts wiping after a reboot or showing the wrong hour in lockscreen or status bar? I have this problems in coldfusion and i hate them. I want to try a rom without this bugs. thanks!

Guest habbo45
Installed this one. Working fine, but now cant find File manager at all. Whats wrong :D

This rom dont have file manager.

Tri download from market

Guest Akash P
How can I return to old mms icon (green) ?

why would you want to return to that icon.. it looks totally out of place in ICS. :huh:

Guest habbo45

why would you want to return to that icon.. it looks totally out of place in ICS. :huh:

realy i like the green icon. more than blue one :/

@stanvladut

you can replace wich another launcher (apex, adw...)

Guest stanvladut

realy i like the green icon. more than blue one :/

@stanvladut

you can replace wich another launcher (apex, adw...)

I like this launcher. I just want to switch the mms icon color. I think i'm going to extract the apk from another ics rom and replace with this one. Thx for the answers!

Edited by stanvladut

Guest ufizo

cd and ls is way faster than both file managers...

And it's a lot more geeky :D

that is true,.. but using android keyboard for just changing directories takes a lot of time!

and when you don’t have tab - auto-complete ;)