[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Sulthekk

that is true,.. but using android keyboard for just changing directories takes a lot of time!

and when you don’t have tab - auto-complete ;)

That's what Hacker's Keyboard is for :)

Now add loop-installed Debian to the mix, and if apt-get wouldn't run damn slow, I didn't need a PC. ;)

Hmm, after flashing 20120710 over my old 20120704 install (no wiping of any kind, just reboot into CWM and flash, following Konstat's recommendation somewhere way back in this thread), the next boot resulted in an "Android is updating" dialog that said it was "optimizing" all of my user apps. When it was done, Link2SD complained that its boot script hadn't run properly and asked to remake it, which I let it do and then rebooted again.

On this next reboot it did the optimizing thing again (100+ apps, took about 10 mins), and the phone started to moan about storage space being full.

Going off Link2SD's storage info now, it seems like I have the app files both on the internal storage AND my 2nd SD card partition, or some mixture of it. Link2SD shows all my apps as linked, but now /data is a LOT bigger after the update.

B82Kmm.png mWLFjm.png

Any idea what's gone on there? /data was basically completely full, I deleted some larger apps that I didn't use (Angry birds, fieldrunners HD etc) which were supposedly linked to SD, and this cleared up space in /data.

Any advice welcome :)

Edited by Roph

Guest maff91

i don't really know about link2sd but i use simple2ext (s2e) and all works fine after doing an update, although i did wipe the cache, i think s2e is the better one to use on cm roms but i may be wrong.

Guest DVDeus

Hi, just checked this rom, and it works like a charm. Did not expect such a flawless and smooth rom. Thanks Konsta & Co.

The only thing that little bothers me is slow camera response, because it is the same as in the original (eclair and froyo) rom. It was much faster on GB roms (BlueGinger).

Anyone knows, how to download mms without turning on packet data? That was possible in GB (BlueGinger, not sure for others).

Is it possible to auto mount USB storage when connected to PC?

Where can I set 3G network only? I can see only "Use 2G network only". Not selecting this option works in mixed mode I guess. I am asking because on my operator, the battery drains abnormally when in GSM mode (there is a thread on this forum somewhere).

edit: just found here, but if this was in menu like before, it would be even better.

edit2: how could I set toggle sound shortcut on lockscreen? I've found it impossible (without additional apps).

One more thing to improve (imho): more toggles on notification bar - at least data switch and airplane mode. Is it possible to add?

Thanks!

Edited by DVDeus

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Hi, just checked this rom, and it works like a charm. Did not expect such a flawless and smooth rom. Thanks Konsta & Co.

The only thing that little bothers me is slow camera response, because it is the same as in the original (eclair and froyo) rom. It was much faster on GB roms (BlueGinger).

Anyone knows, how to download mms without turning on packet data? That was possible in GB (BlueGinger, not sure for others).

Is it possible to auto mount USB storage when connected to PC?

Where can I set 3G network only? I can see only "Use 2G network only". Not selecting this option works in mixed mode I guess. I am asking because on my operator, the battery drains abnormally when in GSM mode (there is a thread on this forum somewhere).

edit: just found here, but if this was in menu like before, it would be even better.

edit2: how could I set toggle sound shortcut on lockscreen? I've found it impossible (without additional apps).

One more thing to improve (imho): more toggles on notification bar - at least data switch and airplane mode. Is it possible to add?

Thanks!

edit : I think on the power menu you can select 2G only, 2G/3G mixed or 3G only!

edit2 a., Press power button once, than if you see the lockscreen, press again power button for long time and choose toggle bottom of the menu.

edit2 b., Possible to add more toggles: Settings->System->Power menu and than check toggle that you need.

Edited by Shang Al Rahim

Guest steeperton

On this next reboot it did the optimizing thing again (100+ apps, took about 10 mins), and the phone started to moan about storage space being full.

Going off Link2SD's storage info now, it seems like I have the app files both on the internal storage AND my 2nd SD card partition, or some mixture of it. Link2SD shows all my apps as linked, but now /data is a LOT bigger after the update.

Any idea what's gone on there? /data was basically completely full, I deleted some larger apps that I didn't use (Angry birds, fieldrunners HD etc) which were supposedly linked to SD, and this cleared up space in /data.

Looks like your apks are linked, but your "dex" aren't (otherwise known as dalvik-cache). In link2sd, press menu button, then "more". then "link dalvik-cache files".

Edited by steeperton

Guest reader6911

Hi ! First of all, I would like to thank you for this excellent ROM. I flashed it yesterday, and it seems working fine. It seems, battery lasts longer than Coldfusion ROMS. I have only one question: how can I set up "no background" ? I mean, I would like to set up simple black background on homescreen. I didn't find such option yet...

Guest docck

Hi ! First of all, I would like to thank you for this excellent ROM. I flashed it yesterday, and it seems working fine. It seems, battery lasts longer than Coldfusion ROMS. I have only one question: how can I set up "no background" ? I mean, I would like to set up simple black background on homescreen. I didn't find such option yet...

So maybe you'll just make a black picture with any size and use it as background? :)

Guest reader6911

So maybe you'll just make a black picture with any size and use it as background? :)

Of course, but it's not too elegant ;)

Guest stanvladut

I think you have to open Paint, set the page to 480x800 and color it black -> save it as jpg . Upload the image to phone and set as wallpaper.

Guest KonstaT

@Konsta. Any progress with Jelly Bean?

Yes, progress has been made. ;) I got it compiled and sort of booted. It only boots into the bootanimation (screen is the right way up at least) but that's about it for now. I don't have adb working so I don't know what's exactly the problem. :( If I had to guess (well, I have to) it's probably media services dying because of some nasty hacks I did to the new aac bits to get it to compile (it's giving me a massive headache). I'll try to do a second build later today and see how it goes. Overall I'm happy with the progress so far (it took me a week to get to this point with ics and now only a day), but there's still a long long way to go.

CyanogenMod has been moving forward with CM10 rapidly and there are new patches submitted to the gerrit. Lalit has been making nice progress on skate and I think he's way ahead of anyone on ARMv6. :)

Hmm, after flashing 20120710 over my old 20120704 install (no wiping of any kind, just reboot into CWM and flash, following Konstat's recommendation somewhere way back in this thread), the next boot resulted in an "Android is updating" dialog that said it was "optimizing" all of my user apps. When it was done, Link2SD complained that its boot script hadn't run properly and asked to remake it, which I let it do and then rebooted again.

Yeah, Link2SD tends to give all kinds of problems. Never been really a fan and I rather prefer darktremor with froyo/gingerbread and S2E with ics. And btw you should never move the dalvik executable to sd-ext even using Link2SD (it will slow down your system).

If you move the Link2SD script from /system/init.d/ to /data/local/userinit.d/ (where it remains untouched if you don't wipe) it might even work.

Maybe it would be nice to add a vibrate when call connected feature, like it was on GB.

Among all the great new features on ICS as well as custom ones, I cannot find turn to mute. Is it just me or this would be a nice addon to this rom?

Phone -> MENU -> Settings -> Vibrate on answer

Guest DVDeus

Phone -> MENU -> Settings -> Vibrate on answer

Thanks, didn't even think of that option..;)

What about camera speed, is there something you guys can do about it?

I also figured, that sometimes notification bar goes missing. Anyone else?

Guest KonstaT

I can't seem to find how to switch on the burst mode, i just flashed the latest update..

It should be there in the camera settings screen. The settings menu got a bit fcked up after the iso mode and focus sound features were merged. There are now some duplicate entries and they actually change places if you scroll up and down the menu. :o

Guest android@sam

It should be there in the camera settings screen. The settings menu got a bit fcked up after the iso mode and focus sound features were merged. There are now some duplicate entries and they actually change places if you scroll up and down the menu. :o

No there is no such option in either camera menu or setting.I thing the java interface for it was not compiled correctly

Edited by android@sam

Guest KonstaT

No there is no such option in either camera menu or setting.I thing the java interface for it was not compiled correctly

It's there, trust me. You just haven't been lucky enough to see it. ;) Anyway I hid the ISO mode and focus sound settings (neither works), it'll increase your chances of finding the burst mode setting (camera settings menu is still iffy, don't know why).

CM9-burst-camera.zip

Guest android@sam

It's there, trust me. You just haven't been lucky enough to see it. ;) Anyway I hid the ISO mode and focus sound settings (neither works), it'll increase your chances of finding the burst mode setting (camera settings menu is still iffy, don't know why).

Thanks for the camera.apk though i can't test it now.By the way haven't you tried to compile JB for the blade?.I think same patches are needed to compile jb which was needed for ics i guess ....

Edited by android@sam