[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest android@sam

Can you please trying to be such a know-it-all. Stop being a smartass. You are really getting on people's nerves now.

sorry guys my intension was not to spam the thread i just got it late.

I APOLOGISE FOR THE MISTAKE

Guest camille1462

Did you try modifying the zipped ROM in anyway? Was it because of any application you added or removed? Which Gapps package did you flash and how big is your partition?

I didn't modify it, I used the TPT on the first page when first installing the older version, I used the same Gapps package that last install...

I'll try to re-TPT, maybe it will do anything good...

Guest Nikola86BG

Re-TPT shouldn't make any difference, bad flashes happen sometimes, you could try doing it again and see if it works (again with the full wipe, system, data, cache and dalvik cache just to be on the safe side although it will do pretty much nothing :D).

Guest Akash P
Re-TPT shouldn't make any difference, bad flashes happen sometimes, you could try doing it again and see if it works (again with the full wipe, system, data, cache and dalvik cache just to be on the safe side although it will do pretty much nothing :D).

What exactly is a "bad flash" ?? I have tpt'd hundreds of times by now and never had one as of yet!

Guest Nikola86BG

What exactly is a "bad flash" ?? I have tpt'd hundreds of times by now and never had one as of yet!

I had situations with roms not booting, bootlooping etc., but never after 4 tries... Ok, did take more than 4 tries to make AOKP work on my Galaxy Tab, but it said something similar enough to this could happen in the first post, so it kind of could be expected. Didn't flash the last build of KonstaKang yet, though...

Guest Akash P
it happened exactly the same thing with the 0706 build I tried one hour ago...

No idea as to what the problem is Maybe try tpt'in with 160Mb one and flashing CM 7.2.. one of the new nightlies. Then tpt back to 138Mb partition and reflash ICS. See if that works.

Guest KonstaT

it happened exactly the same thing with the 0706 build I tried one hour ago...

What is your system partition size?

There's suitable TPTs for this ROM in the second post.

Guest matcho13579

@KonstaT - my device is randomly rebooting. How to find out what is causing it? (running on 20120706)

Edited by matcho13579

Guest Akash P
@KonstaT - my device is randomly rebooting. How to find out what is causing it? (running on 20120706)

Did you overclock your phone? If so then turn down the frequency to default 600. If nothing works... go into recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and reboot.. see if that helps.

Guest Akash P

Did anyone try out the new Atom Launcher? It was previously Nemus launcher, but this is only for ICS and Jelly Bean. Been using it for sometime now and have to say it's FAST! Very smooth as well! Definitely worth a try.

Original Thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1755605

From the Developer,

We upgraded our launcher to ICS version, newly designed and implemented for ICS and JellyBean.

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google....o.atom.launcher

Edited by Akash P

Guest emotty

Did anyone try out the new Atom Launcher? It was previously Nemus launcher, but this is only for ICS and Jelly Bean. Been using it for sometime now and have to say it's FAST! Very smooth as well! Definitely worth a try.

Original Thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1755605

From the Developer,

We upgraded our launcher to ICS version, newly designed and implemented for ICS and JellyBean.

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google....o.atom.launcher

Thanks looks very nice am downloading it now :D

Guest matcho13579

Did you overclock your phone? If so then turn down the frequency to default 600. If nothing works... go into recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and reboot.. see if that helps.

It's overclocked @ 652 MHz, I tried to underclock it @ 633, but random reboots appeared too. I'll try to set it @ 600 and see if that helps. Thanks for answer! :)

Guest Akash P

It's overclocked @ 652 MHz, I tried to underclock it @ 633, but random reboots appeared too. I'll try to set it @ 600 and see if that helps. Thanks for answer! :)

Its mostly the overclocking that's causing the reboots. You have a really bad chip that's all.

Guest kahush

I am experiencing random reboots with this rom & other roms too, and I haven't overclocked the cpu.

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening? Is it the sd card,SIM card, hardware issue or something else?

Guest Akash P
I am experiencing random reboots with this rom & other roms too, and I haven't overclocked the cpu.

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening? Is it the sd card,SIM card, hardware issue or something else?

What partition size are you using?

Guest matcho13579

Its mostly the overclocking that's causing the reboots. You have a really bad chip that's all.

But when I was using CM7, I could overclock to 710 without any problems

Guest Akash P

But when I was using CM7, I could overclock to 710 without any problems

Really no idea then. On a side note did overclocking on CM 7 show any noticeable difference other than benchmarks.