[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Wahaz

Hello Konstat and everyone, here I had blade gen 1 rom 2.1 that I flashed in CM7 and after I discovered through a friend the CM9 Konstat totoriel complete the following. As my blade refused to start on the tpt gen1 to gen2, I flashed the rom throught the recovery ClockworkMod without flashing the tpt. After rebooting I have the images and writings on the screen cracked, making it unreadable! You can please do help me fix this problem, thank you.

Guest elrond_bs

Divx/xvid(avi) was not supported for hardware decoding in gb too

I said: 'I have a few test video clips that I used to test video playback with software decoding on different 2.2 and 2.3 ROMs' :)

So you can play normal videos (with SW decoding) on this ROM, just as well as on GB. The only problem could be higher resolution or H.264 type codec.

Guest KonstaT

Hi, i've been using the tilals rom but i gave this one a chance and i'm quite amazed.

Although, i'm having two problems... The first, is that sometimes the notification bar dont show up the power widget (which hapenned on the Tilal's ROM aswell).

The second one is that the Home button simply dont work :/

Anyone else facing these issues?

And the phone isnt ringing or receiving calls :(

Sounds a lot like you didn't wipe. We have a 'no wipe, no whine' policy here at modaco. ;)

Guest diogomatos

actually i wiped... though i thought that it was a bit strange and reflashed the ROM and now it's great :D

On the first install i followed the tilals step's... the second, wiped everything and now i'm having no problems at all. Actually i can see that some off the errors i had on Tilal's ROM are solved...!

Anyway, sorry about the whine :P

Guest nitso

Installing G2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip ,in 97% and 99% of installation proccess there is an error but the installation completed...is there any wrong in that?

Edited by nitso

Guest Hayden3430

Installing G2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip ,in 97% and 99% of installation proccess there is an error but the installation completed...is there any wrong in that?

Re-download the zip and put on sd and extract again, or try holding the vol+ and menu button until completion, for some reason mine fails if i let go. :L

Guest xgt001

Hi all

//no intentional flame bait

I am running Blade with CFX 28/06 build , are there any further improvements in this rom ?? or better if i stick with CFX??

Guest diogomatos

this one is lighter... i used CFX since the beggining and jumped to this one yesterday...

Feels a bit faster and with less junk imo!

me likes it! :D

Guest Snap.IT

Hi all

I am running Blade with CFX 28/06 build , are there any further improvements in this rom ?? or better if i stick with CFX??

You can read what others in this thread think, can't you?

Do you need to be told what you want to run?

Just make a backup, try it and return to your backup if you don't like it, it's not all that difficult.

Guest masterlud

why some applications do not work , as speed test . but otherwise the rom is great

Screenshot_2012-07-18-23-46-17.png

Edited by masterlud

Guest mrz_hun

Hi everyone!

Can anyone shed some light on the possibility of ever fixing the known issues in this (and other ICS based) ROM?

I understand that the some features require libraries outside of the control of the developers, but it seems like some features (wifi tethering / video playback) are working using an external apps, so these must be doable somehow. Why can't these features (not the apps!) be integrated into the ROM (or the stock gallery app)?

Please don't misunderstand: I'm not whining, I just wanted to know if these are being worked on, or should I not expect any fixes to these issues because there are workarounds?

It would be so nice to see all doable features work in the ROM without resorting to external apps.

Keep up the good work!

Guest elrond_bs

I'm sure, if it was something easy and worth doing, it would have been done already. I'm against the idea of developers wasting their time with something this trivial, turning their attention to apps, which have much better (free) replacement in the Play store, instead of fixing and improving the ROM itself. ICS is made possible on our phone, although it is not supported officially in any way. It is patched up from different pieces and it is normal for apps not to work, because of incompatibility. We should be happy that it works that well, with almost no issues.

Guest minifig

Hi all

It seems CFX is discontinued: lilal's post in coldfusionX

Sticking with CFX means you'll never get updates again.

Guest thewild

It seems CFX is discontinued: lilal's post in coldfusionX

Sticking with CFX means you'll never get updates again.

The known issues in the first post will never be fixed, and Tilal, Konstat and others have already said well before Android 4.1 that those issues were very low priority and that no fix for those would come from them.

There are no other issues AFAIK.

Why would you need updates when there is nothing to fix ?

Well, maybe the only thing to fix that I can think of is the blank page in Gmail/Facebook, but I don't remember if the source of the bug is even known or not.

Guest minifig

The known issues in the first post will never be fixed, and Tilal, Konstat and others have already said well before Android 4.1 that those issues were very low priority and that no fix for those would come from them.

There are no other issues AFAIK.

Why would you need updates when there is nothing to fix ?

Well, maybe the only thing to fix that I can think of is the blank page in Gmail/Facebook, but I don't remember if the source of the bug is even known or not.

Did I state that I wanted those known issues fixed in future updates?

Updates also bring new things (see third post in this thread), not only fixes.

Edited by minifig

Guest Bloopix

Hi,

I have a problem with this rom: I can't send mms and long sms. My operator is: " Bouygues Telecom". I've try to change the apn but it doesn't change anything. And, I've this problem with all ICS rom for Blade. Can you solve the problem?

Thx. :)

Edited by Bloopix

Guest DMM88

Hello,

Just one question... Does TPT work on unrooted phones?

For someone who has an unrooted phone could he just do TPT and next install the rom with clockwormod (wich i guess is installed during the TPT)?

Or he does need to do something before?

Guest minifig

Hello,

Just one question... Does TPT work on unrooted phones?

For someone who has an unrooted phone could he just do TPT and next install the rom with clockwormod (wich i guess is installed during the TPT)?

Or he does need to do something before?

Yep, TPT works on unrooted phones. CWM is indeed installed with TPT.

Guest Pierreism

Why does this ROM include a blue SMS icon? Seems random :P

Before I switch, is there a way to change it back?

Edited by Pierreism

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

KonstaT in your ROM my Wifi doesnt work. don't know why, it turns on but doesnt find any networks but with CM9 by ASM19 it works

Guest matcho13579

KonstaT in your ROM my Wifi doesnt work. don't know why, it turns on but doesnt find any networks but with CM9 by ASM19 it works

Something is wrong with your device, mine works as it should