[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Is there a way to enable the microfone at the android keyboard for the google voice input? If I activate it, nothing happen.

Google voice search is installed.

Btw your rom works very well :)

Edited by .Xam

Guest Borromini

New build up.

cm-9-20120617-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...6g8j395yyb73n39

md5:fd4607f354f3e20d281b4e8afd12f1ef

Nothing much going on in the CM9 upstream at the moment. Linaro patch that broke foursquare, instagram, etc should be fixed now. [...]

Does this mean this build was made with the GCC 4.7 Linaro toolchain?

Guest KonstaT

Does this mean this build was made with the GCC 4.7 Linaro toolchain?

No, it's not built using the Linaro toolchain. Few reasons:

1. It breaks our kernel

2. It's not going to make much (if any) good on our device. Linaro did their optimization on Texas Instruments ARMv7 CPU - we have Qualcomm ARMv6 CPU. It's all about CPU optimization and one key part is ARMv7 only.

3. Some of the patches and using the Linaro toolchain have broken various things on different devices. There hasn't been a single report of CM9 performance improvement on any device.

This all still very much work in progress. Even after all the current issues are ironed out, it's probably not going to make much difference on our device.

Guest d_borghi

hi KonstaT,

big work!!!

but why my bluetooth, with this rom, doesn't start to work once i tap the turn on icon?

i must try and retry and then it starts work regularly.

is a problem depending from gapps???

tnx

db

Guest Snap.IT
Hmm, it worked for me. I still have it ticked and looking at 'mount' in terminal shows that it really is mounted as EXT4. Would simply formatting the sd-ext (under mounts & storage) with the latest ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 do the trick?

I'm getting the same error when flashing that version of CWM as i do when i try a GEN2TPT on my GEN3 Blade, the screen goes blue with white stripes across it.

Version 5.0.2.0 works just fine but since that can't mount ext4 i get no nand backup on the ext partition.

Guest asm19

@KonstaT, know of any app that works well with wifi tethering? I've tried several but nothing works very well...

Edited by asm19

Guest sal.fresco

Hi Konsta

I didn't have the chance to flash the rom on the weekend, but today I did (1706).

Two questions that may allready have been answered.

On the previous build (1406) I couldn't connect wifi (remember?) even after formating system...

Now it works, but I have an exclamation mark on the status bar icon - What does it mean?

Also I can't download anything from Market, is sits there "downloading" but nothing happens.

Apart from that and Titanium Backup allways fc's everything is working, fast and smooth.

Regards

Sal

[Edit]

Titanium Backup is working. I've downloaded it to pc and installed via Astro File Manager.

Edited by sal.fresco

Guest asturel

facebook sync doesnt works 4 me

(it looks like it synced the contacts but when i choose facebook contacts in the dialer it shows 0 contact )

Guest matcho13579

facebook sync doesnt works 4 me

(it looks like it synced the contacts but when i choose facebook contacts in the dialer it shows 0 contact )

Facebook is maybe in conflict with ICS, just use third-party app to sync your contacts (there are loads of apps on Google Play Store)

Guest bladebuddy

First off all Konsta this rom was definitely worth the wait, excellent work I might be a ics convert yet, as I liked Swedish snow a lot to.

My only problem mainly down to me being a dumb ass.

I installed S2E, mount as ext, ticked app and private app installed add free rebooted. Then downloaded Titanium backup, as tb UI changes on ICS it took me about 10mins to find the new batch button in the top right of the screen then another 10mins trying to run the batch, that's when the problem starts it just hangs on the batch operation without doing anything. I can press on a individual app and restore that way but as I have the donate version I would like to run batches. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong thanks. And thanks again Konsta for the rom, donation coming after I manage to restore my apps back.

Guest nagy.renato

I dont know the good topic for my comment, so i write here.

In the CM9 UNOFFICIAL (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.0.4 based port for Legend everything works fine. It's ARMv6 with 2.6 kernel. What is ther reason of the Blade failiures?

Guest bladebuddy

In the CM9 UNOFFICIAL (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.0.4 based port for Legend everything works fine. It's ARMv6 with 2.6 kernel. What is ther reason of the Blade failiures?

http://www.groubal.com/ics-compatible-openmax-il-compiled-for-armv6-from-qualcomm/

According to this link the legend has the exact same problems as the blade. I don't own the phone so cannot comment on ics on the HTC legend.

legend has the same "failiures" as the Blade.

Guest couam

running this ROM for 3 days without problems Thanks!

battery life is comparable to SwedSnow, UI is smooth, no FCs yet

Battery life is good for all of you ? I agree with the smoothness and all but battery life make me go back again to swedish ;/

Did you make a batt stat reset ?

On another point, my data connexion not always work after wifi. My provider don't appear under the right name (my provider is Free and the name in the available network is Orange). Maybe it's related ?

Beside these 2 problems this rom is near perfect.

Thanks KonstaT for all your work.

Edited by couam

Guest KonstaT

There is one issue I've been having that does not seem to be documented though, so I thought I'd check: when I make calls (doesn't matter incoming or outgoing), it seems the conversation volume is maxed out and I am unable to change it. I will get the volume overlay, and it reacts to my pressing the + or - button, but the actual volume does not change. Is this a known issue?

Tested this now on few calls and it works fine for me.

What about music volume? and ringtone volume? For me they come back to 60 or 50% from 100% after I get a call!

This might be a bug in the 'safe headset volume' option. After unticking that option, I haven't had this issue anymore.

Is there a way to enable the microfone at the android keyboard for the google voice input? If I activate it, nothing happen.

Google voice search is installed.

Does the ICS Google voice search really work on any Blade ROM? I never got it working and that's why I replaced it with the older version.

You can replace /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk and /system/lib/libvoicesearch.so from the full ICS gapps package if you want to experiment.

@KonstaT, know of any app that works well with wifi tethering? I've tried several but nothing works very well...

I quickly tested it with WiFI Tether for Root Users and it worked. Don't know how well it works in regular use.

I think we just have more accurate bugs list. ;)

It has couple of things working that we don't. It's got FM radio working with third party app. Spirit FM doesn't support Blade's FM chip because it has a proprietary driver. There is already support for panorama mode in the cameraHal that we use but it doesn't work for some reason (libcamera issue?).

Guest d_borghi

hi KonstaT,

big work!!!

but why my bluetooth, with this rom, doesn't start to work once i tap the turn on icon?

i must try and retry and then it starts work regularly.

is a problem depending from gapps???

tnx

db

hi all,

nobody has my same problem with bluetooth?

i've a chinese zte blade (2gen - 256mb ram).

tnx

Guest docck

Is Konsta's kang better than latis.

This question something like "Who do you love more: mom or dad?". Try both and choose one which you like more.