[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest elrond_bs

I don't think a ROM like Swedish Snow RLS7 is impossible to go back to. It's fast, smooth, stable and bug free, you can also use ICS theme.

ICS ROMs will never be as good for our phones, because of our ARMv6 processor and the fact that there will never be any official support for ICS or CM9. Still it is very good as it is, if you don't need the few things, that don't work.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest lineone

can't help you with gta3 but i use flash from this page:

http://blade.windows98.co.uk

with thanks to targetbsp on this forum who ownes the site (i believe).

i get bbc iplayer no probs. :D

Firstly ROM is awesome ... Best ICS so far. But I have a few questions.

1. Did anyone successfully install Flash payer, any version ...

2. Did anyone has successfully launched GTA III ...

Firstly ROM is awesome ... Best ICS so far. But I have a few questions.

1. Did anyone successfully install Flash payer, any version ...

2. Did anyone has successfully launched GTA III ...

can't help you with gta3 but i use flash from this page:

http://blade.windows98.co.uk

with thanks to targetbsp on this forum who ownes the site (i believe).

i get bbc iplayer no probs. :D

1. Flash player will not work on ICS, JB or any future android versions.

2. There's a ArmV6 version nocking about somewhere on this forum.

Guest lineone

sorry, my bad, that flash player only works up to and including gingerbread. :rolleyes:

1. Flash player will not work on ICS, JB or any future android versions.

2. There's a ArmV6 version nocking about somewhere on this forum.

May some1 help me?

I have problem with receive sms -

when sms app (go sms or included) open - all ok

when sms app closed (im go to lock screen or in another app) - sms dont receive even after i open sms app after

plz help

Just upgraded from Swedish Snow and it's another amazing rom by KonstaT. Thanks!

How is the battery life using this compared to SS ROM? Does this have the No-frills CPU Control and Toggle2G functionality built in?

Also why is the gmail app not included? Is it because of the bug mentioned? Are people just using the standard email app for their gmail?

Guest KonstaT

Does exist any way to get voice typing working? I want to dictate mails or messages.

Yes, buy an ARMv7 device.

Just upgraded from Swedish Snow and it's another amazing rom by KonstaT. Thanks!

How is the battery life using this compared to SS ROM? Does this have the No-frills CPU Control and Toggle2G functionality built in?

Also why is the gmail app not included? Is it because of the bug mentioned? Are people just using the standard email app for their gmail?

CyanogenMod has built-in CPU settings under Settings -> Performance -> CPU. No need for no-frills (unless you want to change i/o schedulers). I think you can install Toggle2G from the xda thread.

You have to install a separate gapps package to CyanogenMod ROMs to get the full Google experience. Gmail, Maps, etc are not included in that package because you can simply install them from the Play Shop.

Guest Sulthekk

Why cant developers solve this? It;s because of OMX drivers?

It's because of the differences in our cpu's instruction set. Don't ask to fix it, because that's HARDWARE.

You have to install a separate gapps package to CyanogenMod ROMs to get the full Google experience. Gmail, Maps, etc are not included in that package because you can simply install them from the Play Shop.

Looking at the partition info it has for system: 131MB / 138MB

Would it be safe to put 6MB of google apps in system or will that cause problems, i.e. does android need some space for saving files in system?

Guest dreis911

New build. Added few things that I did for my CM10 build. Main thing is that panorama mode is now fixed in camera (it's quite laggy but seems to take quite good picture if you move slow enough :P) . CM9 is now pretty much discontinued in favour of CM10. It wouldn't be a big surprise if this would be the last build.

cm-9-20120827-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...p062ckt5ratlb8d

md5:3c366348f9551b1895b27f17e6fbf4bb

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

I just changed the ROM a little bit for my own taste:

- reduced the LatinIME even more and

- removed a few rings,

so I could insert

+ a 112kB FileManager from CM7

+ a bootanimation

+ and the ringtone I like.

Just wipe dalvik-cache, it will enough

I didn't wipe the Dalvik cache and it's working well but sometimes the App drawer opens empty... could it be that?

Also the Notification drawer also opens empty sometimes. I have to wait a few seconds to show the contents.

Apart from that everything runs smooth and no other glitches.

EDITED:

Another thing. When the touch is locked I can still pull down the Notification Bar which can unlock the phone if I choose Settings or the phone may continue locked if I just choose some other button from the Power widget (like Wi-Fi ON/OFF).

Edited by dreis911

Guest Rainer Hohn

I occasionally loose the data access over mobile network and the only way to get it back seems to be rebooting the phone (switching to airplane mode for example isn't enough). Phone calls or WiFi works fine, it's just the mobile data, that sometimes stops working. I need to use national data roaming (all the time, so in principle it works most of the time), don't know, if this can have anything to do with it?

Guest steeperton

I occasionally loose the data access over mobile network and the only way to get it back seems to be rebooting the phone (switching to airplane mode for example isn't enough). Phone calls or WiFi works fine, it's just the mobile data, that sometimes stops working. I need to use national data roaming (all the time, so in principle it works most of the time), don't know, if this can have anything to do with it?

I too get this on both Konstat's CM9 and CM10 - and using a self-compiled CM10, so it's something tied up into the core telephony aspects, I suspect.

Gen1 TPTd to Gen2, with plenty of system space

Guest minifig

I have this too. The solution I found was turning on data, then switch between 2G - 3G. That seems to do the trick.

Please re-upload!

MediaFire deleted the file....

"File Removed for Violation."

-- EDIT --

Nevermind... Google is my friend :blush:

Edited by Num3

I'm having this problem too. I thought it was my network provider before reading this.

Guest bensh_ll

I recently updated to the latest release (27.8), but now I'm sometimes seeing the process "netd" taking over a lot of cpu.

This problem does not stop until I reboot.

Does anybody have a solution to that?

Thx

Guest neoonwheels

Using the ROM for a week now. Its awesome and pretty fast as well. However I have found 2 issues:

1. The battery drains quite fast. Hardly lasts for the whole day with 2-3 hours of wifi and 30 mins talk time

2. Whenever I use Navigation (Sygic and gmaps), the mobile restarts automatically within 5-10 mins. This does not happen with displaying maps and tracking your position but ONLY when you activate navigation.

Otherwise, its a pretty good ROM

At first I thought it was my problem, by tapping in the incorrect spot of the screen but now I noticed that it's a bug. I use the notification area to turn the cellphone network data on and off, and sometimes when I turn the data off, the data is turned off (confirmed it in settings) but the button in the notification stays on.

Guest huibuhh

To the guys losing mobile network data connection: I got this, too from time to time, but i am using CM7.2 by targetbsp. So i am not sure if this is a specific CM9 problem.

Guest robreid

Hi,

I was running coldfusionx on my blade until a few days back when out of the blue the phone just completely bricked. I had it overclocked to 710MHz and i think the processor just fried cos i tried several debricking methods.

Anyway I got a new blade cheaply and am looking to run this ROM, what is the danger of the same thing happening with this ROM? I just don't thing the processor could take it the last time and fried.

Also how does this ROM compare to coldfusionx?

Thanks

Hi,

I was running coldfusionx on my blade until a few days back when out of the blue the phone just completely bricked. I had it overclocked to 710MHz and i think the processor just fried cos i tried several debricking methods.

Anyway I got a new blade cheaply and am looking to run this ROM, what is the danger of the same thing happening with this ROM? I just don't thing the processor could take it the last time and fried.

Thanks

You can say it's a lighter version of CFX. A lot of unnecessary baggage has been done away with (like Live Wallpapers) and it's overall pretty snappy. I too came from CFX and am more than just satisfied with Konsta's work. Installation size is under 130MB.

And i am not in the habit of playing around with the processor's clocks so i guess somebody else needs to answer your other query.

Guest dreis911

Hi,

Thanks

What do you mean "out of the blue"? What were you doing with it when it turned into a lighter? What apps were you running?

Although it was OC to 710MHZ, the CPU isn't running at that speed all the time (is it? I don't know CFX, I only runned it for a few hours).

My Blade is running Konsta's ROM for a week and is always cool. (Setup to min.245 and max.710MHZ.)

If you're running apps that make the CPU go to "red line", then it starts to heat up and you can feel it in your hand!

So, most of the time the CPU runs at lower speed.

(Hope I'm not saying anything wrong!)