[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

@otsox

Nothing too interesting in the logcat. Are you absolutely sure that you installed the right gapps package? Can you try again with a full wipe (format system, wipe data & factory reset).

Are you using your phone in finnish? Might be worth testing some other language if there's some bad translations somewhere (not sure if that would cause a reboot though). Just two finnish guys have complained, everyone else seems to be fine...

Yup, it was the right GApps. I downloaded all the files again via WiFi, not via bluetooth as I did earlier, checked md5's (the TPT too, missed that earlier), tpt'd it, cleared data etc, installed the two packages, and selected english. Three SMS's came in instantly. Seems like it's fixed, tho it's been running for only 5 minutes.

Yes, I used Finnish earlier, but switching it to English and rebooting didn't do any good either.

Still don't know what exactly fixed it, as the checksums were ok.

Thanks again :)

Guest thecrazyguy

You're new here, I get it. You may not understand how this all works, but Devs are not here to do your bidding. They choose to contribute their free time to this, how about you try showing some respect?

I know that the Devs arent our slaves! Could you please read what I sayd again to understand what I meant?

you could have done something by your own.

Thanks anyway

Sounds slave-driver to me and dismissive. Also CM9 development really isn't going forward much all the focus is on CM10 now. Getting that to work on the Blade is no small feat, how about you try showing a little respect and gratitude?

Guest squee666
Hi KonstaT. I hope you don't mind if I ask...

I want to install this rom again, but since you haven't made an update in a wile I was wondering if you are updating it soon. If it takes more than 3 days (more or less) I would wait..

Development on this rom is at a halt due to cm10/jellybean as you notice its now more actively updated and is way faster compared.

Guest thecrazyguy

Sounds slave-driver to me and dismissive. Also CM9 development really isn't going forward much all the focus is on CM10 now. Getting that to work on the Blade is no small feat, how about you try showing a little respect and gratitude?

I don't know if you are not really getting the idea or just pretending, so I will explain it to you in a really baby simple way.

Since this is not an official CM9 ROM the developer does some changes as well.

In that sentence what I said was that the developer may have done some progress. Not something like he should do it!

I think that you should stop trying to be the better guy here...

I am actually very happy with this ROM, which means that I am very grateful.

I am sorry to occupy this thread with these texts, since they are dedicated to the development but I had to justify what I wrote, not because "galorin", but because I dont want KonstaT to think that I am some idiot that thinks I command in him.Again, sorry and thanks.

Guest thecrazyguy

Development on this rom is at a halt due to cm10/jellybean as you notice its now more actively updated and is way faster compared.

Right.. But in mine opinion this one is still more stable than CM10... For instance, the camcorder is still not working on the new version.

Edited by thecrazyguy

This ROM is awesome, but unfortunately when connecting to ad-hoc networks only works when there the network is open with no encryption.

I was an idiot and tried to fix this by putting a patched wpa_supplicant into /system/bin and now my wifi won't even turn on - the on / off button is greyed out in settings and when i press it it just says "turning wifi on" for ages and doesn't do anything.

Please help.

If this requires a reinstall of the ROM I do not want to have to install every single app again, so I tried making a backup, reflashing CM9 and through advanced restore only restoring /data. I thought this would work but as it turns out exactly the same problem happened when I booted back into the reflashed ROM.

Please help and apologies for being an idiot.

You may need to do a full wipe of the /system partition in CWM - Advanced.

This ROM is awesome, but unfortunately when connecting to ad-hoc networks only works when there the network is open with no encryption.

I was an idiot and tried to fix this by putting a patched wpa_supplicant into /system/bin and now my wifi won't even turn on - the on / off button is greyed out in settings and when i press it it just says "turning wifi on" for ages and doesn't do anything.

Please help.

If this requires a reinstall of the ROM I do not want to have to install every single app again, so I tried making a backup, reflashing CM9 and through advanced restore only restoring /data. I thought this would work but as it turns out exactly the same problem happened when I booted back into the reflashed ROM.

Please help and apologies for being an idiot.

Guest squee666

Right.. But in mine opinion this one is still more stable than CM10... For instance, the camcorder is still not working on the new version.

I have seen no stability issues I'm cm10 and also lol camcorder the camera is 3.2mp and takes mediocre photos. The camcorder as we all know is sub par.

Also cm10 got way snappier with latest update and disabling CPU rendering helps also. It was meant to be gone but accidently kept getting added.

So go to.xda front page and look up disable CPU rendering.

Follow the thread and try patching it.

Edited by squee666

great ROM, but KONSTAT I've got one issue:

when disabling data connection in the evening and enabling it in the morning sometimes it has no connection, but shows the "E" or "3G" Symbol as well

and sometimes when starting eg facebook suddenly the connection is lost but also shows the "E" or "3G"

had that wit one of the first build from tilal, but he managed that to work

I have the same problem but without disabling the connection.

Sometimes my phone is losing connectivity with google servers (i.e. the signal strength is grey instead of blue). After some time it reconnects, but that's very annoying.

I have no idea what could be causing this. It happens whether I am on Edge or on HSDPA network, no difference.

I also have this problem.

When I leave my home wifi network, phone can't connect to mobile network.

It shows the signal and the connection type (3g, E) in grey, but I have no internet connection.

Only reboot solve this till now.

I think this message from logcat is connected to this issue:

08:49:51.202 Error ConnectivityService 305 Exception trying to add a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException:

Unable to communicate with native daemon to add routes - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException:

Cmd {interface route add rmnet0 default 37.76.22.90 32 0.0.0.0} failed with code 400 :

{Failed to add route to default table (Network is down)}

Any idea?

I also noticed that when I start an app which uses GPS, the mobile internet connection is dropped and need a few minutes to connect again. Is that normal?

I also noticed that when I start an app which uses GPS, the mobile internet connection is dropped and need a few minutes to connect again. Is that normal?

I have the exact same problem, but logcat never showed anything usefull. Or maybe I just don't know what to look for in the logcat of course.

Konstat, could this be kernel related ? What is the kernel used in these ICS roms and how could I try with another one ?

I think I did not have this problem when I used MMHMP.

Guest Rainer Hohn

I have this too. The solution I found was turning on data, then switch between 2G - 3G. That seems to do the trick.

doesn't work for me

like bga said, I think it has something to do with switching from wifi to mobile network, at least I think it never happened when I had wifi turned off. So atm I'm trying to pay more attention to only activate/deactivate wifi, when I need it, but I'm also considering switching back to CM 7.2 by now, as it's really annoying if you need a connection and realize, that you have to reboot your phone :(

I have seen no stability issues I'm cm10 and also lol camcorder the camera is 3.2mp and takes mediocre photos. The camcorder as we all know is sub par.

Also cm10 got way snappier with latest update and disabling CPU rendering helps also. It was meant to be gone but accidently kept getting added.

So go to.xda front page and look up disable CPU rendering.

Follow the thread and try patching it.

can you post the link please? I can't find this.

Hi all!

I have a question... mms works? Is only me? Or is an issue?

I didn't check it whit this version, but with cm7 it was an issue.

I used Go SMS Pro where you can set MMS APN settings manually. That solves the problem.

Guest neoonwheels

I am using it for couple of weeks now and seems there is an issue with this ROM with respect to Navigation. Whenever I use Sygic/Google navigation, the phone reboots automatically after 5-15 mins of usage. Either the apps consume TOO much memory or god knows what !! Can anybody guide me to get the logcat so that I can contribute to narrow down the issue?

Also, anybody faced this issue on this ROM?

Guest masterlud

the camera on cm-7.2.0-blade-signed shooting video in m4v format, but on cm-9-20120715-KonstaKANG-blade shoots video in mp4 format, can do cm-9-20120715-KonstaKANG-blade to shoot video in m4v format or not? just a question

Edited by masterlud

Guest squee666
the camera on cm-7.2.0-blade-signed shooting video in m4v format, but on cm-9-20120715-KonstaKANG-blade shoots video in mp4 format, can do cm-9-20120715-KonstaKANG-blade to shoot video in m4v format or not? just a question

They are the exact same file format just different containers. Rename to m4v

Besides mp4 is the better extension and is more universal. Why would you want m4v it all plays the same unless you want it for crappy iTunes or something

Guest glossywhite

They are the exact same file format just different containers. Rename to m4v

Besides mp4 is the better extension and is more universal. Why would you want m4v it all plays the same unless you want it for crappy iTunes or something

I don't see the correlation between a differently named file ext and "crappy" iTunes...

Guest boshimanu

hi folks. just bought the zte blade2, 1ghz cpu..low mem etc...i have rooted the phone and tried to change the rom..nothing worked...don.t know if is gen2 or gen3....there is someone who can help me with a noobguide? thx.

Guest dreis911

hi folks. just bought the zte blade2, 1ghz cpu..low mem etc...i have rooted the phone and tried to change the rom..nothing worked...don.t know if is gen2 or gen3....there is someone who can help me with a noobguide? thx.

Blade 2 ?

Man... what made you think it would work? It's a different phone! You should check if the architecture (electronic) is the same.

Shouldn't you have asked first? Or better yet, looked at this:

Good luck.

Edited by dreis911

Blade 2 ?

Man... what made you think it would work? It's a different phone! You should check if the architecture (electronic) is the same.

Shouldn't you have asked first? Or better yet, looked at this:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1917301

Good luck.

You're right about everything else, but that isn't the right device either. ;)

@boshimanu

You can't install this or any other ZTE Blade ROM into your device. As far as I know there a no custom ROMs available for ZTE Blade II (at least for now).