[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

I love this ROM ! The only problem is that I can't use my camera, say: "Can't connect to camera"

Before I use the CM7 rom and don't work too, since the version CM 7.0.2 my camera don't work.

Can you help me ? The problem is the camera drivers, I guess

I can't lock the screen. I press the power button and when I press again the screen is unlocked ...

How did you install it? Did you wipe everything before installing the ROM? Did you install the right GApps?

Or, better yet: Did you follow the procedures like are shown in the begginning of this topic?

I'm on this 9.1 version and it all seems fine!

Guest dreis911

Although this ROM states Android 4.0.4 which has the problem fixed by google, it seems it is vulnerable to the current USSD Exploit.

http://lifehacker.co...emote-wipe-hack

Test page: http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php

Would be nice if it could be updated to have that fixed. :-)

Can confirm that Konsta's 20120929 version is no longer vulnerable.

It opens the dialler but it does not dial automatically!

Hi,

I've installed S2E but it doesn't seem to find any EXT partition... Maybe I missed something when installing... Can I still create it (in recovery?) or do I need to full wipe and reinstall for this ?

Thanks

Hi,

I've installed S2E but it doesn't seem to find any EXT partition... Maybe I missed something when installing... Can I still create it (in recovery?) or do I need to full wipe and reinstall for this ?

Thanks

Guest dreis911

Hi,

Thanks

I don't use EXT partition, so I'm not very familiar with this subject, but:

Does your SDcard have any EXT partition? It should have 2 partitions:

EXT3 or EXT4 is needed (as far as I know) as an extension of the inernal MEM and FAT/FAT32 for other uses.

I don't use it because, with new Konsta's Gen2 internal partitioning (for this ROM), I don't think it will be needed. Only if you install dozzens of Apps.

How did you install it? Did you wipe everything before installing the ROM? Did you install the right GApps?

Or, better yet: Did you follow the procedures like are shown in the begginning of this topic?

I'm on this 9.1 version and it all seems fine!

Yes, I follow the instructions

The problem of camera is a driver problem. The other I don't know

Guest dreis911

Yes, I follow the instructions

The problem of camera is a driver problem. The other I don't know

How can it be a driver problem if you replaced the ROM? Thus the drivers!

How can it be a driver problem if you replaced the ROM? Thus the drivers!

Last version that my camera works is CM 7.0.2 .. after that no one work. I think is a driver problem but if you know more than me ...

Edited by bruara

Another two problems found:

- I can't receive calls, all of them are rejected. They appear on call history only.

- The home screen button don't work. I press the button and he dont go to the home screen.

Guest cowscrubber

Sorry if these are old issues, but I experience the following issues frequently.

1. frequent blank screens in apps. Sometimes apps would just show a white scren, other times system apps like settings would load the background but not the UI itself.

2. some apps don't work properly. AlarmDroid, for example, would sometimes get stuck in 'loading' when I try to add a new alarm.

Are there solutions to these?

Guest laryllian

One question: if there is no file explorer preinstalled, how can I install one WITHOUT using the market? How could one sensibly access apk's on your sd-card, for example? I am wondering, since I don't have a google account and I don't want one. Not that it is a problem for me, I just installed an explorer via command line using "pm install", but a normal user would get stuck at this point, so I am just wondering why it is like that?

Greetings, and oh, great ROM, really great. =)

Edited by laryllian

Guest emotty

Final build. This is most likely the last CM9 build I'm going to do.

cm-9-20120929-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...frc9f6bfotd89kl

md5:cb894686be12a837a39703fb39ab6ebb

-version bump to 9.1

-Do not allow intents to initiate special char sequence handling (merged, fixes possible USSD issue)

-I/O scheduler settings (1,2)

-couple of small changes to volume key cursor control

Thankyou :)

Nice of you to make another ... and even nicer that you post for us

Guest KonstaT

Last time, you thought it would be the last too... and "surprise surprise"... Alas another release!

If im not wrong you are saying that from the past two releases

I think I said I'll check back in about a month - and I did. ;)

I love this ROM ! The only problem is that I can't use my camera, say: "Can't connect to camera"

Before I use the CM7 rom and don't work too, since the version CM 7.0.2 my camera don't work.

Can you help me ? The problem is the camera drivers, I guess

Can't help unless you can provide some information about your camera sensor. What type of blade you have?

I can't lock the screen. I press the power button and when I press again the screen is unlocked ...

Another two problems found:

- I can't receive calls, all of them are rejected. They appear on call history only.

- The home screen button don't work. I press the button and he dont go to the home screen.

Sounds a lot like you didn't wipe. No wipe, no whine. Format system, wipe data and factory reset, and reinstall.

One question: if there is no file explorer preinstalled, how can I install one WITHOUT using the market? How could one sensibly access apk's on your sd-card, for example? I am wondering, since I don't have a google account and I don't want one. Not that it is a problem for me, I just installed an explorer via command line using "pm install", but a normal user would get stuck at this point, so I am just wondering why it is like that?

Copy it into a ROM zip before installing or use 'adb install'. AOSP doesn't include file explorer and neither does CM9/CM10.

Guest bruara

I forgot to wipe Dalvik !

Now everything works unless the camera ! Where I can see what camera sensor I have ?

My ZTE Blade is from Portugal with a 3.2 mp camera.

Guest KonstaT

I forgot to wipe Dalvik !

Now everything works unless the camera ! Where I can see what camera sensor I have ?

My ZTE Blade is from Portugal with a 3.2 mp camera.

Wiping dalvik is unnecessary when installing a new ROM. It's already wiped when you wipe data and factory rest. You really need to format system if you come from other CM versions (because of the gapps backup script).

Of course first make sure that it isn't a hardware failure. Restore your stock ROM and dial *983*24474636#. That will give you info about your camera. Or did I understand correctly that your camera only works with your stock ROM but not with any of the custom ROMs?

Guest bruara

Wiping dalvik is unnecessary when installing a new ROM. It's already wiped when you wipe data and factory rest. You really need to format system if you come from other CM versions (because of the gapps backup script).

Of course first make sure that it isn't a hardware failure. Restore your stock ROM and dial *983*24474636#. That will give you info about your camera. Or did I understand correctly that your camera only works with your stock ROM but not with any of the custom ROMs?

Yesterday I install CM 7.0.2 and the camera works fine. After that version no one version works. I have to install that ROM to give you the info about the camera? I have to format everything again ..

Guest KonstaT

Yesterday I install CM 7.0.2 and the camera works fine. After that version no one version works. I have to install that ROM to give you the info about the camera? I have to format everything again ..

Ah, forget it then. If your camera works in CM7, it should also work here.

It still sounds like you didn't do a proper wipe on the first time, so you should do that first.

Guest dreis911

You can retrieve the "file manager" from the CM7 (for example, or other ROM) and insert it into the "/system/app/" inside the "cm-9-20120929-KonstaKANG-blade.zip" file.

Guest BladeRunner10

a really nice ROM...just a small problem, evrytime i tap on facebook it can't continue and brings me back to my home screen. I installed it on my ZTE blade gen2 modified. Maybe you can fix it. Thanks a lot. More power!

Guest stefeman

Hey, Is the encryption working? Im trying to crypt my phone and it's been over 1 hour and it hasent even restarted yet..

The lights just go off.. do i need to tap it each 15 seconds?

And roph, how can you reach 768Mhz stable with this rom? teach me master :P

Edited by stefeman

Guest raizor6th

there is a flashable file manager somewhere in this forum, you can flash it via cwm and without creating google account to download it from market.

I don't use EXT partition, so I'm not very familiar with this subject, but:

Does your SDcard have any EXT partition? It should have 2 partitions:

EXT3 or EXT4 is needed (as far as I know) as an extension of the inernal MEM and FAT/FAT32 for other uses.

I don't use it because, with new Konsta's Gen2 internal partitioning (for this ROM), I don't think it will be needed. Only if you install dozzens of Apps.

You don't need that many apps to load 300 MB of memory... At least I'm in that case, and would like to move some big apps to my SD even if they don't seem to allow it natively...

Can anyone help me on how to get the right EXT partitioning on my phone ? Can I do it from recovery mode without reinstalling everything ?

Thanks