[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Ganster

any progress with youtube hq , can we watch youtube hq Some day in the future :unsure:

I already get it worked, but brake camcorder(hardware encoder trying to working too, but have some errors).

It crashes with gralloc errors, when trying to play embedded html5 video from browser in not fullscreen mode(I think its old kernel mmap issue), but youtube, and other players works ok :)

May be I temporary disable hardware encoder, and upload rom later...

Guest Mettafox

Tilal, give your best to understand what was done.

We all hope that this is not a dream and was found a way to solve the Hardware Acceleration problems.

Guest raizor6th

maybe konsaT can do that but he doesn't want to break the camcorder so, I'm just thinking about that. or else he would need those idea of gangster.

Guest Ganster

I will publish sources later. For now it views as ugly hack :)

How? Disable calling unimplemented functions, force to use software renderer, and some magic with it, for fixing stupid align of buffer in our libs.

I can fix camcorder in software mode, as it implemented in other CM9 builds, but I want to try fix using hardware encoder too...

Guest KonstaT

At last hardware acceleration working. There will be a decent CM10 very soon. HURRAY!!!! :) :) :)

We all hope that this is not a dream and was found a way to solve the Hardware Acceleration problems.

*sigh*

hardware acceleration != hardware decoding

hardware decoding != software decoding

Software decoder seems to work better. It doesn't remove the original problem that we don't have/utilize OMX libs for hardware decoding.

I will publish sources later. For now it views as ugly hack :)

How? Disable calling unimplemented functions, force to use software renderer, and some magic with it, for fixing stupid align of buffer in our libs.

I can fix camcorder in software mode, as it implemented in other CM9 builds, but I want to try fix using hardware encoder too...

I had a quick test and YouTube HQ seems to playback fine. YouTube LQ on the other hand is now broken. I also still couldn't play 'HQ' (640x480) videos via gallery. Camcorder doesn't save files.

It's a good start, well done Ganster. Waiting to see that source. :)

Guest Ganster

Gallery doesn't play videos anyway. It only shows video thumbnail, and by clicking it video opens in video player. Video player works OK, but getting thubnails was broken for now :)

YouTube LQ works fine too, but it doesn't want play after switching mode. I think I broke it in this build, because it works fine one build ago...

Can somebody who has tried this ROM and KontaT’s CM10 please tell me the difference? I am mainly concerned about speed, battery life and smoothness.

Thanks

Guest Ganster

Not now. Sources need to be rewrited before publish)

Now I try to quick port 3.x kernel to Blade, and compare gralloc's work with it. Because on our 2.6 kernel I get unknown mmap eerors sometimes.

Guest Mettafox

*sigh*

hardware acceleration != hardware decoding

hardware decoding != software decoding

Software decoder seems to work better. It doesn't remove the original problem that we don't have/utilize OMX libs for hardware decoding.

I had a quick test and YouTube HQ seems to playback fine. YouTube LQ on the other hand is now broken. I also still couldn't play 'HQ' (640x480) videos via gallery. Camcorder doesn't save files.

It's a good start, well done Ganster. Waiting to see that source. :)

Well, but, this new "discovery" will not solve the lack of OMX codecs?