[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest mitchde

For my knowledge battery drain can also happen by some installed apps - which maybe run in backgroud and frequently try to use WLAN/DATA.

If some here have no battery drain and some have - with same ROM and under same conditions it only can be added apps OR maybe different BLADE Version.

My GEN2 Blade has really no noticable battery drain if WLAN stays on over night. But i have no apps running which will use internet in background (Weather radar or any other such app).

Better battery stats may help to look after such problems.

Guest bubbamester

For my knowledge battery drain can also happen by some installed apps - which maybe run in backgroud and frequently try to use WLAN/DATA.

If some here have no battery drain and some have - with same ROM and under same conditions it only can be added apps OR maybe different BLADE Version.

My GEN2 Blade has really no noticable battery drain if WLAN stays on over night. But i have no apps running which will use internet in background (Weather radar or any other such app).

I disabled sync and I stopped all application which have to use internet. But the little triangles are indicate there are data flow. If I turn off wifi and turn on mobile internet then no data flow, no battery drain.

Guest bubbamester

for now why not use llama or some other app to automate wifi on/off - a good idea anyway imho.

On the previous ROM was not a problem if I left the wifi on. On the new ROM I manually switched on and off the wifi. Now I will try the Llama.

Thanks! Really good idea.

Guest mitchde

Maybe depend of your WLAN situation too!

If some other WLAN device in reach try (frequently) to access or scan to your BLADE or your own WLAN accesspoint often checks "someone there?" for sure Wifi will use some cpu time to answer/ compute the access tasks.

If no other things help you may simple disable WiFi like i do with DATA ( i near bever use data, so most time disabled) using the status bar icons. Simple + very fast.

Edited by mitchde

Maybe depend of your WLAN situation too!

If some other WLAN device in reach try (frequently) to access or scan to your BLADE or your own WLAN accesspoint often checks "someone there?" for sure Wifi will use some cpu time to answer/ compute the access tasks.

In this case what is the solution for this ROM? In GB Swedish Snow ROM this was not a problem. I would keep WIFI on all the time without any battery drain.

KonstaT --> Could you please give your expert advice on this WIFI battery drain issue?

Guest dreis911

I second mitchde opinion.

I turn off wifi at night (if I'm not going to use it!)

and I also have 3G disabled.... and my battery can last for 3 days (of course I don't speak that much also!).

And I have SMARTASS2 as CPU governor ranging from 245MHz to 691MHz. (I think this is important!)

I already forgot wifi turned ON at night and it just drained about 10 or 15% more than usual and no heatings.

Guest Ganster

I don't say about the green line or something like that. When you watch youtube even in a right screen aspect, it just there is a colour banding. No matter what you watch in internet with the video player, the colour banding is there. Can it be fixed in the future?

Don't understand what do you mean. Can you take screenshot, when it happens?

Guest VERNederlander

Like many people I also got a little problem with the WiFi. When it is on it uses a lot of my battery, well really not a problem when it turns of in standby mode but it just won't turn off. After half an hour in sleep mode, the WiFi connection still exists while I turned the switch "Never keep WiFi on in Sleepmode" on. And sometimes when WiFi turned off and I switch my telephone back on, the WiFi-connection doesn't turn itself automatically on, but I have to switch it on by hand.

Hopefully someone can do something on this problem.

Guest judas1977

Hi. I've got a WI-FI problem. When I'm searching wi-fi my phone shows me that:

screenshot2012110616374.png

What should I do?

That happens for me only first time. Turn wifi off and again on - and i can see wifi networks normally.

Guest asturel

did u tried <bool name="config_wifiApStartInterface">true</bool> overlay setting for native wifi tethering? (it fixed on my other device, at least on cm10)

Guest Sulthekk

Don't understand what do you mean. Can you take screenshot, when it happens?

I think I have just found a video where those symptoms are visible ( green line at the top, colors are wrong).

I wouldn't call it banding though. It's more like the color channels are shifted relative to each other ( it's not the colors what are wrong, but their 'position' ).

I have uploaded a screenshot to http://db.tt/QXskFmku

The video can be found at

I may provide a logcat later in case you aren't able to reproduce it.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest Ganster

Its known issue, and I'll wrote about it on XDA thread. I don't know what aligning used in Qualcomm's proprietaries. I aligned width and height to 16, as writen in commented line in OMXCodec, and it fixes most videos with normal aspect ratios.

176x144, 320x240, 352x288, 480x272, 640x360, 640x480 and 800x480 plays ok. Other non-standart rosolutions can play with green line.

Guest James Norny

The truth is, that there is colour banding no matter what video you play (even the best quality video) and now i notice that other people found this too. This problem has been there before even to have OMX working. I hope it will be fixed.

btw. The rom is working good.

Guest severus

I have some problems with this rom:

1. sometimes when I want to write sms - there is no cursor to type text

2. sometimes top bar doesn't shows widgets with wi-fi, bt etc. just name of operator.

3. sometimes in games like ab rio when destroing boxes smoke doesn't shows, just white - no textures.

Firstly, I'd like to thank KonstaT for the great work on this ROM, and Gangster for YouTube HQ fix - a great step in making decent Android 4.0 possible on Blade.

After the YouTube fix, I made an upgrade to this ROM (I've used it a few months ago, but there were too many functionality issues back then, so i switched back to SwedishSpring), and here are some of my issues/observations:

1. When I first installed it, the phone could not find any WiFi networks. /system format and reflashing fixed this.

2. The phone "fried" my 4GB SD card, and it can no longer be formatted, partitioned or fixed...the phone was stuck in "mount/unmount SD card" cycle, so I had to get a new SD card... This may or may not be ROM related...

3. The old issue with blank window in Facebook, Gmail and similar apps is still present, and it appears randomly. It seems that it is present in every app that has scrollable content (some local news apps also have blank area where scrollable text should be)

Anyway, great work, great progress. Although GB ROMs still provide a more fluid and snappier user experience, this one is very usable as a daily ROM. Kudos to developer/s!

Guest bezerra

Its known issue, and I'll wrote about it on XDA thread. I don't know what aligning used in Qualcomm's proprietaries. I aligned width and height to 16, as writen in commented line in OMXCodec, and it fixes most videos with normal aspect ratios.

176x144, 320x240, 352x288, 480x272, 640x360, 640x480 and 800x480 plays ok. Other non-standart rosolutions can play with green line.

some videos on youtube in hq have the green line

I second that. this rom is quite stable..

Guest TehStalker

Is video recording supposed to work in the latest version with the YouTube fix? I doesn't work for me, but it is not mentioned at all in the first post.

Guest TehStalker

It is supposed to work and does so for me.

You are right, the files are saved in sd/DCIM/Camera, although the camera app never shows them in the top right corner after recording. And the store location option does nothing.

In this case what is the solution for this ROM? In GB Swedish Snow ROM this was not a problem. I would keep WIFI on all the time without any battery drain.

KonstaT --> Could you please give your expert advice on this WIFI battery drain issue?

Hi KonstaT,

Have you got a chance to look at this WIFI battery drain problem. Within 10 hours flat battery drain happens from 100% to less than 10% battery, even you do not use phone for anything i.e. in sleep/standbuy mode and keep WIFI on without doing any data access through WIFI.

Another strange problem I see is, stock browser is not able to display some of the URLs like --> http://www.nse-india...watch.htm?cat=N. Not sure what the reason is. Browser go on trying to display URL contents but nothing comes on screen, just a white screen everytime. But browser is in a loop to refresh the URL. Same thing happens with Dolphin browser, but Opera Mini is able to display this URL withing few seconds.

What could be the problem? Any solution for this browser issue other than using Opera Mini?

Edited by anantk