Want a touch recovery?-generate it yourself!

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Mtman1

I know it seems weird, but when I didn't rename it, it always went to fastboot. But when it was called recovery.img it always worked....

Guest bladyle

I know it seems weird, but when I didn't rename it, it always went to fastboot. But when it was called recovery.img it always worked....

if you didn't rename it program is searching for recovery.img and if didn't find it can't flash it :)

otherwise i think it can be flashed in fastboot with other name but you need to specify the full path and name

Guest Lens_flare
if you didn't rename it program is searching for recovery.img and if didn't find it can't flash it :)

soo, if I name it "pleasebrickmysystem" and type then:

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery pleasebrickmysystem

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

it won't boot recovery then?

WTF...you definitely are doing something wrong.

Guest Mtman1

otherwise i think it can be flashed in fastboot with other name but you need to specify the full path and name

yes, but I wasn't using the program, I was using recovery manager which searches for .imgs. if I didn't rename the file, it would end up in fastboot mode, but when I did rename it, it worked fine....

Anyway, this thread is confusing me :D

Edited by Mtman1

Guest bladyle

soo, if I name it "pleasebrickmysystem" and type then:

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery pleasebrickmysystem

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot
it won't boot recovery then? WTF...you definitely are doing something wrong.
no i mean if he use install_recovery.cmd from the first .zip i post it wont flash becouse it will search exactly recovery.img
fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img[/code]

Edited by bladyle

• 3 months later...

I am very interested in building a recovery myself but one "little" question:

let's assume I do some kind of mistake and kill my perfectly working recovery...

How will I revive my phone?

I am very interested in building a recovery myself but one "little" question:

let's assume I do some kind of mistake and kill my perfectly working recovery...

How will I revive my phone?

flash a working recovery like you did the very first time you installed a recovery on your phone :P

I thought about this but the real question is: can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

(I'd like to play with it but I don't want if my phone life is at serious risk. A mild risk would be better :P :D )

Edited by ltpitt

I thought about this but the real question is: can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

(I'd like to play with it but I don't want if my phone life is at serious risk. A mild risk would be better :P :D )

I don't think you can mess up your phone that much with a recovery, but I'm not an expert at that subject :P

Guest Lens_flare
can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

short answer:no.

with my recovery tree - totally no :D

• 1 month later...
Guest digitaldai

If anybody would be kind enough to generate the latest version of CWM touch and put up a link that would be fantastic.

I had a go but I am not to good with these things sorry

D