[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest Redstarr1

Trying PA now and liking it a lot more than the previous version. Multitasking doesn't seem to work though, that's the only major flaw I see right now.

There's also some stuff from CFX I'm missing. I usually force the action bar and use the physical menu button as multitasking button. Would be nice to have that option here as well. The nav bar makes the notif8cation panel look cluttered in portrait mode, so I disabled it.

Also, somehow YouTube LQ looks a lot better than on CM9. I don't really use YouTube a lot, but this looks close to HQ to me...

Edited by Redstarr1

What do you mean by "multitasking doesn't seem to work?"

Regarding missing features.

Since PA are focusing on JB ATM it is possible they didn't merge quite a lot of new things from CM repos so their ICS branch

is certainly some commits behind CM's one and thus outdated. I can try to merge PA framework and settings with the latest CM framework and settings myself.

But I expect quite a large amount of conflicts to be resolved.

Guest Redstarr1

I'm talking about the menu you get when long pressing the home button (or the button most on the right on the nav bar, that looks like 3 stacked screens), you could call it the task manager, I thought the official name was multitasking. The menu shows your recent apps and you can close them by swiping them away. If I try it on PA, half of the screen just gets darker and there's an arrow on the bottom to close it, but no screens. I can't take a screenshot of it. I remember on the last version that we could choose between HTC Sense multitasking and stock, so it used to work.

Guest Redstarr1

It's the first time I'm having this either. It looks like your screen, only no thumbnails and app names. I'm coming from your last CFX build, didn't do any wipes only format system. Could it be caused by using a theme? Not really looking forward to having to reinstall all my apps if a full wipe is required.

Guest Redstarr1

Yeah I'll try some things then :). I just thought at first that it was a rom issue but it's probably because I used a dirty installation method. If I get this fixed I'm staying on this rom, feels like something fresh. Been on the same rom for a month, that's just not healthy :P.

Guest crnadakm

Yeah I'll try some things then :). I just thought at first that it was a rom issue but it's probably because I used a dirty installation method. If I get this fixed I'm staying on this rom, feels like something fresh. Been on the same rom for a month, that's just not healthy :P.

Try changing to Sense layout

Settings -> system ->Recent apps ...

Guest Redstarr1

A full wipe got rid of my problem with multitasking. The rom had no other problems, been using it 2 days now. Didn't recharge in those 2 days as well, so the battery life is quite good as well.

It's a lot of fun to play around with the DPI's of every app and try the tablet or phone mode :P (I'm such a geek :D). It's necessary though, because I prefer most apps with a bit more DPI than default, the letters are just a bit too small. Feels like CM9 but with a UI that's a lot more tweakable. It's a small miracle that this fits on the same system partition size, without losing any noteworthy features.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest deepvoyce

please upload..because goo..link is bad...

i use miui rom but is a bad... very big bug.. i dont use my phone. :( HELP ME!!

Edited by deepvoyce

Guest Redstarr1

Is it just me or does the proximity sensor calibration not work for this rom? I tried calibrating in the Advanced options several times now, under different circumstances, but the screen always stays on when calling (for the first minute, then I have to press power button to turn it on again). Am I missing an option somewhere? I accidentally hung up on a few calls already by hitting the screen with my ear...