[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest crnadakm

I've still gotta problem with the gallery not being populated with my pictures

Sent from my Skate using Tapatalk

Download ES file explorer, search the folder with images and while opening those chose "Gallery"...

I can do that no problem but when I open the gallery there are no pictures I even took a picture yesterday and it was added to the camera folder which had pictures in it but they didn't show in the gallery then today that picture is no longer in my gallery

Sent from my Skate using Tapatalk

Guest crnadakm

AAAA, I totally forgot about it, thanks.

Also just one more :D

Trebuchet is a bit laggy when opening app drawer, sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 seconds until its usable, and it is really annoying...

Is there anyone that uses NOVA and does not have the same issues, or maybe my DPI is messing it up, but I tried it on 220, 230 and 240 (Phone UI) and it's the same story.

Guest Redstarr1

Apex was a bit laggy for me, especially when flipping the screen on its side. But Nova is incredibly fast. It takes a bit to open the app drawer when the phone has just turned on, but I've been trying it now and it always immediately responds. My home screens are pretty empty though, I also have it on 200 DPI, and I'm using a donate beta.

Really odd. No explanation... What about your SD card? Is it healthy?

memery card is fine pictures display if i go back to CFX i get a similar problem if i try CFX2 though

Never experienced anything like it.

What about some external gallery app ?

same story downloaded several to try but non worked

Guest Redstarr1

There's another quirk I've noticed since I'm using this rom. Every time an overlay appears and the background is made darker, there's an area at the bottom that stays the same.

2012-08-18%2012.30.12.png

That's in Dropbox, but it's in all apps, including the launcher. Is that to anticipate for a bigger statusbar? I'm guessing it's an issue the guys at PA need to solve.

memery card is fine pictures display if i go back to CFX i get a similar problem if i try CFX2 though

same story downloaded several to try but non worked

I don't have this issue either. Strange. There's no .nomedia tag in your picture folder or something? If all else fails, maybe you could take the Gallery.apk from CFX zip file and replace it in PA.

Guest Verhaaltjes

Installed this ROM this morning because a few issues with the latest Mokee that kept bugging me, and I am actually quite pleased with this one. Think I still need to toy around a little bit with the phone/hybrid/tablet settings, but so far it looks like a very nice candidate to become my daily rom.

As always (starts becoming a habit) a big thanks to C3C0 for yet another quality build!

Edited by Verhaaltjes

Guest Redstarr1

I'm trying to play around with the softkeys in PA. I like that they're in the tablet-mode statusbar, but the softkeys are too wide and overlap with any notifications or extra icons. So what I would like to do is remove the back and home button (because there are hardware buttons for those) and keep only the recent apps button (the one I encircled on this screen).

2012-08-22%2010.36.31%20red%20circle.png

I've found this mod where the author adds a button to the softkeys (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1805158), so I assume it works the other way around as well? Trying to set up apktool now to decompile and recompile SystemUI. Bit of a pain but I guess I'll learn something out of this. Now if only my pc was playing along a bit. The Android SDK doesn't seem to find Java (because I installed it on D:\ because my C-disk is a rather small SSD).

Tablet status bar on top mod

Issues left:

- opens by touching or swiping upwards instead of downwards

- "clear all notifications" button not showing

- show/hide animation from bottom to top instead of top to bottom

OK. So I managed to solve all the remaining issues ( https://github.com/ParanoidZTE/android_frameworks_base/commit/9e7b237c1031014e99a821a6e74545cc15c185f2 ) . As a bonus I made the position of tablet status bar configurable in Status bar settings ( https://github.com/ParanoidZTE/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/b7bb9fcd6ed61dad0eecff94222014a9ef5ec9ba )

So now the users can decide what suits them best. Bottom or top.

Update coming soon.

? I'm not sure what you mean.

There are no other changes than those I mention in my previous post. Simply because ics version of pa is final - pa team doesn't maintain this branch anymore since they work on jb.

I use MultiLing keyboard from playstore mainly because of Slovak dictionary and I find it better than latinime one. It's more customizable.

Guest Redstarr1

Multiling can just be replaced with latinime in the zip right? Because the regular keyboard has excellent support for Dutch.

Also any possibility for the softkeys to only show the "recent apps" key, not home and back? Those are a bit redundant with hardware keys. It's no big deal if it's possible, I can just long press home as well, but a softkey would be nice :). Tried decompiling SystemUI.apk myself but I really don't know what is what in there.

LatinIME doesn't need to be replaced. You can use both and switch between them in Language and input settings.

I istalled MultiLing normally from the play store.

Soft buttons: looking at the source code - it shouldn't be too difficult to add options which of them to show/hide. Will try to address it in the next update.

Guest doubleon

Just installed the latest update over the 11/8 initial build, all is working good so far.

Thank you for all your hard work - really loving paranoid android and it's great features.