[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Looks good.

Before:

shell@android:/ # lsof | grep pad.prop | wc -l

After making my changes to close open files:

shell@android:/ # lsof | grep pad.prop | wc -l

Now it's zero because handles are closed and freed properly.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Nofan Tasi

nice catch, I guess you noticed build.prop as well:

# lsof | awk '{ print $NF }' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail -8

65 /dev/log/radio

65 /dev/log/system

78 /system/bin/app_process

115 /dev/ashmem

121 anon_inode:[eventpoll]

141 /dev/null

1008 /system/build.prop

1008 /system/pad.prop

Yes. Makes sense since build.prop is open when isParanoidRom() function is called since this functions opens build.prop to check for rom version property.

And this is why the number of open files is the same.

Here is the fix to test: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...ix-20121007.zip

I am pretty confident this should address the crash. All errors like TransactionTooLarge, Cannot open input channels, Binder transaction failed

I have come accros in all the logcats you and xr provided is a side effect of system running out of available file handles.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Nofan Tasi

Hi C3C0, others,

The update certainly has fixed the open file drain.

Moreover, above skype uninstall - reinstall - relink sequence this time went well.

Keep fingers crossed! Congratulations already.

PS: I cannot afford to not link dex because if I don't I am low on memory.

Guest ogbass54

Actually, no

Initial DPI was raised from 170 to 200.

https://github.com/P...de00ced1b6f7f99

Anyway, we cannot expect that the default values will suite everyone. Everybody prefers something else.

That's why there's Paranoid settings menu where user can adjust values according to preferences.

i changed the DPI to 170 and its perfect now :)

i think 170 should be default.

Hi. I've a question... why s2e no working in this fantastic ROM? It's based in Cyano 9

Here is the fix for S2E.

Flash in clockworkmod, no wipes needed

Sorry, bad file. Later...

Edited by C3C0

Guest 4471688

Flashed it and it's quite good, but there is a little issue that if I set the statusbar style as 'Tablet UI', then it will not hide while an app runs in fullscreen mode even I have checked the 'Auto hide' in status bar setting.

Guest bardriel

I have one question, in this rom i can play games with no lag? I ask this because i don´t know how games behave in this android version.

Thanks for your answers.

And good job C3C0!!

Guest bardriel

Thnaks for the info. I think i´m gonna try because my actual rom are giving me a lot of FC. Then if i´m not happy i will revert to your CM7.

^^

Guest bardriel

I´m impressed. This rom is not as good as GB moving games but it´s so close. Only lag in the newest ones.

I love this rom!!

Thansk for your incredible job C3C0.

...you should avoid using task killers because they are too aggresive (according to logcat) and can cause system stability issues. Android has its own

lowmemorykiller that can handle low memory conditions pretty well itself so there's no need to use 3rd party ones. Sometimes they can do more harm than good.

So please, uninstall any memory managers, task killers, ... to see if it will get better.

that made me think too. I have used Go ex task manager and task killer. What was quite weird that almost continuously it was showing high memory usage or always around 50% after killing task. Let's see how the phone gets without it...

What memory actually those apps are referring to? Go task manager showed 78 % memory use and warning at cache usage 3% data used by 57% system by 89%. Not quite understand.

Thanks,

B