[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

New version up. Not much changed - just synced and integrated last hotfixes

Changelog 12/10/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fix system crashes caused by paranoid framework not releasing open file handles

- S2E compatibility fix

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Settings are in phone mode by default. But ca be easily switched to tablet mode.

Settings / paranoid settings / list of apps

Choose "all applications" from top menu, locate Settings, open it and there you'll see settings for ui mode and dpi.

Guest Redstarr1

Is there a way to replace both gallery and camera of gb with those of ics ?

You're not really asking that in the right place, this is an ICS rom. You can't just use the original ICS apps in GB, but if ICS cosmetics is all you want you can get apps from the Play Store that look like them, like Camera ICS and for the gallery I'd use Quickpic but there's other alternatives that look more like the ICS gallery. I think just about every ICS/JB app has been copied and made available for GB.

Guest dariorp

I have an "important question". When I format the SD card, the previous partition (the one of the previous ROM) is erased? I ask this because I don't remember how much was the partition I did, and I want to know if I can partition it again...

Guest Redstarr1

Depends on the way you'd format your SD card. I've read that if you'd "erase sd" in Android storage settings the partition gets removed. That's more than formatting though, in essence formatting does nothing to change the partitioning of a storage medium.

What program would you use when you format your SD card? The easiest method is start your phone in CWM, go to Advanced>Partition SD Card and from there choose the partition size for sd-ext. That would format your sd card as well, doesn't matter what your previous sd-ext size was.

Guest mogamycool

You're not really asking that in the right place, this is an ICS rom. You can't just use the original ICS apps in GB, but if ICS cosmetics is all you want you can get apps from the Play Store that look like them, like Camera ICS and for the gallery I'd use Quickpic but there's other alternatives that look more like the ICS gallery. I think just about every ICS/JB app has been copied and made available for GB.

I think I said it wrong , I want to use gb camera and gallery in this rom .

Guest dariorp

Depends on the way you'd format your SD card. I've read that if you'd "erase sd" in Android storage settings the partition gets removed. That's more than formatting though, in essence formatting does nothing to change the partitioning of a storage medium.

What program would you use when you format your SD card? The easiest method is start your phone in CWM, go to Advanced>Partition SD Card and from there choose the partition size for sd-ext. That would format your sd card as well, doesn't matter what your previous sd-ext size was.

I did it with CWM, I have done it and it was all ok' thanks. but another question, when i change whatsapp wallpaper, if i close the app it dissappears. what can i do ?

]

Guest phillgates

Having tested this Rom with many apps, though not extensively, I can say that the only issues I have found are to do with video streaming, I know there are issues with youtube HQ being choppy, but have had issues with any program that attempts to video stream from internet, the best I have achieved so far is with TVCatchup, though only getting sound, which tells me there is maybe a codec issue, well it could be flash problem, as with BBC iPlayer, but I have resolved system video playback being choppy by installing MX Player, which when installed request further arm 6 codec pack from Play Store, when installed, have found the software decoder, better than the hardware decoder, plays HD264/mkv/MP4 flawlessly. Attempting to use TV streams can cause system crashes and restarts, so it's a no go area, until fixed by the inimitable C3C0!................... drinks.gif

Edited by phillgates

Guest bardriel

What are the best settings for battery life? Mine is bad (does not arrive to 1 day) and I see people who has 2 days of battery... what can I do?

For me i change the governor to smartassV2 (perfromance and good battery life) or InteractiveX (very good battery life but less performance than SmartassV2). You can do this in settings/performance/cpu governor and ghange it.Remenber to tick in "apply this settings at startup" (or something like this, i can not remember well). Hope that helps.

Guest dariorp

For me i change the governor to smartassV2 (perfromance and good battery life) or InteractiveX (very good battery life but less performance than SmartassV2). You can do this in settings/performance/cpu governor and ghange it.Remenber to tick in "apply this settings at startup" (or something like this, i can not remember well). Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to put InteractiveX and see what happens...

Guest bardriel

i can't see my own recorded videos, and the videos which people sends me by whatsapp either :S is this normal?

Don´t use stock gallery. Use another app, like MXplayer.

Guest bardriel

C3C0, I have a "problem". I install your new rom versiuon (12-10-12) in my phone with all wipes and format system and boot). All things work but s2e don´t work. So i install your old patch from the previous version to fix that isue and now is working. In this version i supposed that patch was already integrate. I have to install the patch to fix app crashes from the rom version 3-10-12 or that patch is integrated in the 12-10 version?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english

Looks like I omitted something in new build. Will be fixed as soon as I find time. For now use s2e hotfix I had in the second post previously. If you still have it, though.

The other one that deals with crashes is integrated correctly in 12/10 version of the rom.

So... I performed a clean install of the latest rom and S2E works normally.

This means S2E fix is integrated correctly.

Maybe it's important to know that it requires SD ext partition to be of ext3 type.

And it's also important to know that you should avoid flashing S3 kernels from "S series kernels" thread

since those are not yet S2E compatible!

It is necessary to stick with kernel that comes with rom for now until I release new version of S3 kernels.

Edited by C3C0

Guest dariorp

I installed bsplayer and now I can watch my videos, but they are lagged yet... this is normal right? videos who people send me are not lagged, but mine are...