[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

I took a quick look into frequent call issue and now I know why they simply did not implement it from CM7.

Contacts/Phone and the way they communicate with each other changed dramatically. So implementing this would

be quite pain in the ass so to speak.

One thing that could be done easily would be to make mod that would make the list permanently invisible.

2 way call recording is already in the kernel since GB roms utilize it (SKatie, Swedish Snow).

So it should work here too when using CallRecorder app (haven't tried myself since I don't need it).

Touchscreen... I am not sure if we can do anything about it. For me it works OK. You have to press carefully because

when you slide your finger a bit then the system inteprets it as fling, not touch.

I took a quick look into frequent call issue and now I know why they simply did not implement it from CM7.

Contacts/Phone and the way they communicate with each other changed dramatically. So implementing this would

be quite pain in the ass so to speak.

One thing that could be done easily would be to make mod that would make the list permanently invisible.

2 way call recording is already in the kernel since GB roms utilize it (SKatie, Swedish Snow).

So it should work here too when using CallRecorder app (haven't tried myself since I don't need it).

Touchscreen... I am not sure if we can do anything about it. For me it works OK. You have to press carefully because

when you slide your finger a bit then the system inteprets it as fling, not touch.

OK. Thanks for all. For me, the list of frequents is a problem; best make it invisible.

I'll try the CallRecorder app.

With regard to the touch screen, watching what you say with more care, but my impression is of slow (greater in hybrid mode than phone mode). I will look better.

Thank you very much :-)

New build up.

Changelog 14/11/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed Native WiFi Tethering

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Edited by C3C0

Wifi tethering tested and working ok! And shuts down this function as it should ... :-O

First impression very positive. It is my feeling, or is slightly faster this new version? :-)

More frequent calls are still there, "protected"...

I will continue looking deeper into ...

Ahhh OK ! :-) Thank you.

Installing some apps... (RootExplorer, AdobeReader, KingSoftOffice, WhatsApp, GoogleMaps, GPS Essentials, RealCalc, TuneInRadio, MX Player... then may be Viber, Evernote, NavFree)

BarCodeScanner+ not good looking... screen banding complicate the framing of the bar codes, but even so it is barely functional

All other apps are ok. The UI (Tablet mode) seems more responsive...

Preliminary test overtaken and with good note. Now I goes do one more final installation...

C3C0, that memory manager you praise? (S2E, App2SD, Link2SD. ..)

Edited by RaAmon

I prefer link2sd since it allows me to have some important apps internal memory so they will be available if something bad happens to my sd card. S2e moves everything since it doesn't utilize symbolic links but data partition remounting.

Guest omegavesko
Almost perfect.Thank you so much c3co .

Waiting for this rom including flashlight & fm radio .

Both of those are very unlikely to work, but hey, we can dream. :P

Guest yamoussouk

another new question: it is possible increase the sensibility of touch screen? sometimes seems ignore the touchs i do! :-S (PA/ICS-C3C0, of course)

That is a good idea, I support the increase of the sensibility. Please :)

What are the first feelings ? Is the new rom faster ?

Edited by yamoussouk

What are the first feelings ? Is the new rom faster ?

My feeling about is: yes, it's faster. I like this new ROM; it's ok for my daily use. Some apps goes more slow then GB, and anothers (code bar readers, in my test) works with screen artifacts, but this PA/ICS from C3C0 its a nice ballance between a 100% funcional system and the last android versions. Recommendable :-)

@RaAmon

What do you think? :)

post-932905-0-01029200-1352992158_thumb.

Backported from Jelly Bean. Such a small feature and so much code had to be changed/added.

I also included translations for all available languages.

Code: Part1, Part2

Will be available as a flashable update package, soon.

Edited by C3C0

@RaAmon

What do you think? :)

Backported from Jelly Bean. Such a small feature and so much code had to be changed/added.

I also included translations for all available languages.

Will be available as a flashable update package, soon.

Go! :-) But I regret having giving so many work : -( It seemed like an option "innocent", without too many complications ... supposed to, to be available in CM7 and CM10, just someone had forgotten to compile something in CM9 ... but by what you say the thing was more complex ...

In any case: magnificent! Any solution i had served with such that you don't have to view the list of calls without being able to delete it. The implementation which you hast given him i think it is perfect; I'm already looking forward to test it (but not this as interpreters want to get that rush ... )

And I would end up being not very original, but ... thank you, C3C0, thank you very much! :-)

Edited by RaAmon

Update containing Clear frequents feature now available for download:

http://tinyw.in/FLpF

Flash in CWM. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Function is available on both places: Phone and Contacts. Visible of course only when

frequent list is not empty.

Feel free to let me know if you come across any issues.

Update containing Clear frequents feature now available for download:

. . .

C3C0: It's PERFECT! The operability, the translation (spanish), the visual aspect ... The truth is that I did not know that link between calls to frequent contacts and email accounts! You'll never lie without knowing one more thing!

I have proven once again the WiFi Tethering and works ok too :-)

You've just rounding off a little more PA/ICS, making it more "symmetrical" with a functionality already available in CM7 and CM10. Thanks!