Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dimmanramone

I have flashed the latest franco kernel (r210 - I think there is only one anyway listed for jellybean). It's too early to tell any benefits yet but there doesn't appear to be any problems so far.

Probably I should flash too and test it, but you are welcome to update on how is that working for you after you have tested it a little bit :)

Guest devilishone

Well, it turns out that Titanium Backup 5.3.2 wouldn't install for me but 5.3.0 would, weird, oh well, great rom. So far still trying to work out how to make use of Google Now other than a few voice searches, but it is a pretty cool little gadget.

Guest Big-A-Rob

Is that a new baseband for JB? I am in the states with the GSM version and currently have the XXLA2 baseband (shipped with this baseband from play store). I am currently running 4.1 stock deodexed and have had no issues. Is there any reason to include that baseband?

Guest Brembo109

Is that a new baseband for JB? I am in the states with the GSM version and currently have the XXLA2 baseband (shipped with this baseband from play store). I am currently running 4.1 stock deodexed and have had no issues. Is there any reason to include that baseband?

In most cases a newer baseband is better, but i couldn´t say that generally. the XXLA2 is a nice one, i used with cm9 and previous mcr. now i´m on the new BB and it is fine too, after only 2 days of testing.

Guest PaulOBrien

Screeble is also an app that works in a similar fashion.

Screebl Beta is great, especially on JB as you can hide the notification.

Have voice actions disappeared in JB? e.g. "Call Dave mobile"

Seems so...

So long the ROM is working really great, better than any other ROM that I had in my phone, it feels really like a new phone. JB is really great and big thanks to Paul for the ROM.

The TB problems are gone and after using SuperSU I don't have the su problems anymore.

One thing that is a little bit weird though is that Tapatalk is keeping awake my phone a lot, currently is 13% (5h 40m). Anyone else noticed it? Probably is tapatalks problem and not the ROMs but haven't seen that with ICS.

I'm thinking about trying the latest franco kernel for JB. Has anyone tried it with JR1?

@Paul I have a little request. Is it possible to have a stock kernel zip in the first post instead of flashing again the whole ROM for them that are trying other kernels and wants to go back to stock?

No Tapatalk issues here. I can definitely add a stock kernel flash zip...

I always use the latest baseband...

P

Guest gadgetgaz

Probably I should flash too and test it, but you are welcome to update on how is that working for you after you have tested it a little bit :)

There doesn't seem to be any problems with francos kernel r210 with this Modaco ROM so far. I am using stock cpu speeds, not seeing any lags, and deep sleep is about 70% over night for the past 11 hours.

Guest vagelis

Titanium Backup Pro question for all Jr1 users:

I am not able to "Integrate into ROM" updates, like Google+ anymore; it just hangs out on Integrating...

I have been using this all the time on all IrXX builds; anyone having a similar experience?

I am wondering if it is due to ROM format changes, or whether TiBu would need to be compatible through an (eventual) upgrade.

Thank you in advance.

Guest djmcnz

Titanium Backup Pro question for all Jr1 users:

I am not able to "Integrate into ROM" updates, like Google+ anymore; it just hangs out on Integrating...

I have been using this all the time on all IrXX builds; anyone having a similar experience?

I am wondering if it is due to ROM format changes, or whether TiBu would need to be compatible through an (eventual) upgrade.

Thank you in advance.

Confirmed. Some Ti functions don't work on JB yet.

Guest FatherD

loving JB .. do notice that under normal use (endless fiddling, internet, email, YT, pulse etc) JB seems to use and/or reserve more memory, I can see this in Advanced Task killer and Task Manager - is this to do with the changes to the way JB buffers and caches compared to ICS - I'm no expert but I think that might explain it.

I have flashed Franko JB-210 and it is running nicely clocked up at 1400mhz, I do miss the lower stepping at 192mhz which I think helped battery life no end when used for maximum screen-off frequency in ICS .. however, battery life so far seems good (will get better when I stop incessantly fiddling!)

Nice one Paul!, hope you will issue updates as an official release comes out!?

Guest Scottland

Seems so...

P

Other users over at XDA seem to be saying it's [Voice actions] working - but definitely not for me!

Edited by Scottland

Guest Brembo109

Hey Guys i have a new problem with JR1. After flashing, i started Titanium Backup and it says: "Your Android ID has changed, Ignore/Ask later/Go back to old ID". No matter if I ignore it or go back to my old ID, TB stops working because it thinks i have not bought an PRO key. So i restored an backup and started TB, and it worked. So this had to be my old correct ID. I noticed it on a paper to compare it with the one TB goes back when i click "Go back to old ID", and it is a totally different ID. Any ideas how to get my old Android ID back on JR1?

Guest siedkins

I seem to have issues with the phone app. I can't answer calls or hang up on existing calls or use keypad in a call to get voice mail options for example. I did a full wipe and have flashed the updates here a few times. Anyone else seen this? I am guessing my options are to flash a pre-bake or full wipe again?

EDIT

Full wipe and reinstall of a fresh bake fixed it. Back to being happy again! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by siedkins

Guest devilishone

Confirmed. Some Ti functions don't work on JB yet.

I've noticed that TB can't do anything relating to the "system" part of the device. Won't integrate updates and won't restore any app that was a system app. Clearly something changed in JB that stops TB from doing so.

Guest krsandvik

Some who have Google Play Magazine to work? when I install the apk, i cant find it in the app drawer. I have tried to delete it from system/data

Sorry for my bad english

Guest jmagee

I have found some .apk files in /system/app which aren't on my phone. When I try to install them it says they can't be. The 4 I have tried are Play magazines, GoogleEars, talkback and the voice dialer. They are there so surely should work and be installed? After all this is where we push the system.ui to install it on boot isn't it?

Any ideas Paul?

Guest andygeog

Hi Paul,

Great work on the ROM.

I'm struggling to find Sound Search, I couldn't find it so I tried downloading it from here.

When I installed it I got this:

Screenshot_2012-07-01-18-33-48.jpg

Am I being thick?

Great work again, up the Gunners and all that :)

Andy

Guest jmagee

Hi Paul,

Great work on the ROM.

I'm struggling to find Sound Search, I couldn't find it so I tried downloading it from here.

When I installed it I got this:

Screenshot_2012-07-01-18-33-48.jpg

Am I being thick?

Great work again, up the Gunners and all that :)

Andy

I saw the same issue when trying to install the .apk from with system/app

there where a few apps in there that would be good to see working

Guest jmagee

Easiest way is to use Titanium Backup and unfreeze those apps, otherwise you can do it via Terminal.

http://db.tt/AIO2fYtM

You genious!

However the talkback and voice dialer aren't frozen but still don't seem to work. However I do now have wallet and magazines :-)

Guest vagelis

5.8GHz WiFi Band Question:

I noticed that since I flashed Jr-1 I can no longer see AP's in the 5.8GHz WiFi range...

I understand that this could be a baseband issue with the new ROM (currently running UGLC1).

*** UPDATE ***

Even with the XXLF1 Baseband, I still cannot scan the 5.8GHz bands; anyone else seeing this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by vagelis

Guest dimmanramone

There doesn't seem to be any problems with francos kernel r210 with this Modaco ROM so far. I am using stock cpu speeds, not seeing any lags, and deep sleep is about 70% over night for the past 11 hours.

Ok, thanks :) then I have to stop being lazy and flash it.

Guest Mrkasser7

Im having a weird issue with lightflow and was wondering if anyone had any insight.

I was using blackice kangorade before this ROM had the settings for my LED to stay on when the screen was awake. I dont think this ROM has a setting for that. Anyways when i get a sms it works but the only way to stop the light from flashing is to go into lightflow. So far i havent noticed this when any other of my notifications.

I did a factory reset/wipe before installing this ROM. Should i have cleared davlik or anything else. Is anyone else noticing this issue?