Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scottland

As promised! :)

P

Changelog

9nd July 13:30

• Added Circular Percentage and Stock Style Percentage battery indicators to the kitchen

Good stuff, flashing now.

Edit: Anyone tried the stock % style yet? Getting SystemUI errors and no status bar.

Edited by Scottland

Guest PaulOBrien

Good stuff, flashing now.

Edit: Anyone tried the stock % style yet? Getting SystemUI errors and no status bar.

Which UI option did you choose? I'll double check it.

P

Guest Scottland

Which UI option did you choose? I'll double check it.

P

"Percentage Battery Meter (Stock Style)" with none of the Modaco UI options enabled, I'll do another bake when I get home to see if was me or not..

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah, OK! Please choose one of the MoDaCo UI options and see if that fixes it (even if you choose the one that is basically the same as stock!)

P

Guest MacAllan

After a couple of days with this ROM i have 2 things that is not good.

1. Google serch FC a lot.

2. Battry drain is no good, don't know if it's ROM or radio related.

Exept for those two things i find the ROM super :)

Guest Brembo109

Does anybody here own an Galaxy S3 and can try if the 2100mAh batterie fits into the Galaxy Nexus? I think the answer is No, but maybe it could fit and that would be awsome :-).

Edit: I own the 1900mAh extended batterie with the big replacmentcover, it´s okay but ugly and huge. The SGS3 batterie looks thin like the originial GNex batterie, but with more capacity. Thats why i´m asking.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest PaulOBrien

After a couple of days with this ROM i have 2 things that is not good.

1. Google serch FC a lot.

2. Battry drain is no good, don't know if it's ROM or radio related.

Exept for those two things i find the ROM super :)

I've not seen either of those things!

Have you looked at betterbatterystats or even the settings app battery stats to see what could be draining?

P

Guest MacAllan

I've not seen either of those things!

Have you looked at betterbatterystats or even the settings app battery stats to see what could be draining?

P

Actually there is no special thing draining the battery, since i'm not a heavy user the main thing is "phone inactive".

But i suspect it might be the radio that's behind the drain since i have bad cover in my apartment, causing the radio to serch a lot.

Before i had to charge every 3-4 day now i have to do it every 2:nd.

Do i need to use the latest radio provided with this rom or can i go back to XXLA2?

Guest jmagee

Actually there is no special thing draining the battery, since i'm not a heavy user the main thing is "phone inactive".

But i suspect it might be the radio that's behind the drain since i have bad cover in my apartment, causing the radio to serch a lot.

Before i had to charge every 3-4 day now i have to do it every 2:nd.

Do i need to use the latest radio provided with this rom or can i go back to XXLA2?

2 days without charge??

Guest Brembo109

2 days without charge??

That is not an non-heavy usage, that is no usage in my opinion xD. 24h here and it cries:" I need power,pleeeeeeeeeeeease" :-P

Guest Brembo109

hmm, tried a few different options when baking and still getting systemui crashing unless I wipe.

I´m using the circle-mod and everything is fine here. never had any crash with this rom since day 1.

Guest anthonygelatka

Thanks so much for this, Jelly Bean is awesome. I initially had an issue with charging but I think that maybe down to my charger, switched that over and it's fine, battery life is as before.

Guest vagelis

Greetings,

With 4.1.1 build JRO03C now released, would it be safe to think that it would be eventually the basis for Jr2 ?

Thank you in advance :)

Guest PaulOBrien
Greetings,

With 4.1.1 build JRO03C now released, would it be safe to think that it would be eventually the basis for Jr2 ?

Thank you in advance :)

Jr2 (4.1.1) will be online later today! :-)

P

Guest Chris Jenx

P

Yippie!

From what i have read:

Google Wallet is standard

Flash has been removed from market place by default - seems a bit odd this one as they can do that server side..?

Bug fixes and Performance improvements.

What its still missing is damn portrait HDMI output!!.. sigh..

Guest DarkGruf

P

Just wanted to say that it's great to see Modaco roms back to the latest updates. After trying some other roms around I still go back to your rom as I like the stock feeling with custom performances.

Guest Chris Jenx

Just wanted to say that it's great to see Modaco roms back to the latest updates. After trying some other roms around I still go back to your rom as I like the stock feeling with custom performances.

Completely agree, I try to keep it as stock as possible, otherwise you get to that point of.. does my app have a bug or is it the rom.. humm.