Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tebower

Thx Paul for ROM

I've some problems with contacts, when I add new foto or refreshing it, I can't cut and save in contacts app.

Have I - reflash ROM or re bake rom ??

Thx for help

I second this issue. I just noticed this trying to customize some contact photos. You can get to the crop screen, and drag the sliders, but it doesn't save the resultant image.

Guest nemesys504

Hey Paul, are you working on JB for CDMA LTE Galaxy Nexus? Love your work on ICS. Would like to update to JB.

Edited by nemesys504

Guest FatherD

I second this issue. I just noticed this trying to customize some contact photos. You can get to the crop screen, and drag the sliders, but it doesn't save the resultant image.

And a third here, doesn't work in any application used to select or crop images!

Why cant I cook? Just made one yesterday but today it says I need to buy subscription which I already have...

Edit: Nvm, worked after a few more tries.

Something that should be added to the kitchen notes is that the deskclock is not only a app/widget, its also the builtin alarm clock which I left out in my 1st bake if anyone wonders why you cant find the alarms then there it is :P

Edited by tndb

Guest bboran

I have cooked my first custom rom =) It is working great, no problem so far. I just wanted to ask a simple question. I have enabled "Chrome" in the kitchen but i cant see it on my phone. It has still the stock browser. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

I have cooked my first custom rom =) It is working great, no problem so far. I just wanted to ask a simple question. I have enabled "Chrome" in the kitchen but i cant see it on my phone. It has still the stock browser. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Just checked and its not being baked in, didn't realize as I have it as part of my TiBu...

Guest drewstiff

Try NOT choosing the patched sqlite library...

P

Bingo! That booted fine without sqlite.

Thanks very much for your help Paul, really happy to get that sorted out.

Guest Teitiel

hi,

first, thanks for the great rom.

Can somebody try to set contact pictures on the phone, when i choose a picture in gallery nothing happens?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
hi,

first, thanks for the great rom.

Can somebody try to set contact pictures on the phone, when i choose a picture in gallery nothing happens?

Working fine here..

Guest corpisa

Can anyone explain CyanogenMod Contacts / Dialer? :)

it means you can search contacts by typing dial pad numbers and it will display the contacts that match the numbers you just typed... Edited by corpisa

Guest PhonePersona

Can anyone explain CyanogenMod Contacts / Dialer? :)

Android doesn't have smart (or T9) dialing built-in.

This will enable smart dialing on the device.

Guest congrey

Thanks guys.

By the way, I had several times one issue: Phone is ringing, I see that Friend A is calling, but then I answer, It turns out that calling Friend B (which has a completely different phone number)?

Guest pixelboy

Hi Paul,

Im getting some weird behaviour if I choose the "Menu button on both sides with search button also active when hidden" option in the UI section.. I end up with no soft keys at the bottom.. Very weird..

Latest bake I did with the problem was of Ainsley: 150712-0226-Jr2-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-0ddd65be5fe3471d658aa5da8d737564.zip

Am I doing anything wrong? I am wiping cache after install.

Thanks

Edited by pixelboy

Guest dimmanramone

@Paul I just baked a new ROM with the latest additions and I noticed that even if I chose chrome to be included and wallet not to be included, when I flashed I show that wallet was included and chrome not.

I can fix that of course manually, but probably is good to know.

/d

Guest Leontine Oort

@Paul I just baked a new ROM with the latest additions and I noticed that even if I chose chrome to be included and wallet not to be included, when I flashed I show that wallet was included and chrome not.1

I can fix that of course manually, but probably is good to know.

/d

+1

Guest PhonePersona

Any idea why some ROMs (mine is cooked) prevent contact images from being set?

Does it have anything to do with online vs offline galleries?

UPDATE - I've fixed my contact picture assignment issue. I don't like standing around waiting for people to work hard to fix an issue I might be able to fix myself.

I'm not exactly sure what was causing the problem, so I went the 'scorched earth' route.

I copied over the: contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and googlegallery.apk files from another Jelly Bean ROM to the 'system/app' directory after renaming the original files.

I also changed permissons on the files and did a reboot into recovery and a dalvik-cache wipe and permissions fix to be on the safe side.

And then rebooted with my fingers crossed.

Aside from having to re-add the 'phone' and 'contacts' icons to the main system tray, I've seen no side-effects.

On the plus side, I am now able to save cropped files as contact photos.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest mimminito

Ive had a look through the thread, and could not find anything, but has anyone else got issues with LogCat? The output is all messed up, and the PID/Application/Tags are not being identified properly.