Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jmagee

Just a small bug I think. Using the slide screen lock key phone isn't locking itself when the screen goes off on a timer. It only locks when I press the power button. The options that are present for other locks aren't with the slide to unlock option

Guest CaspaTheGhost

@Paul .. I have successfully messed about with a different circle mod, merging it into, and flashing my system.ui .. just one question, to offer it up for anyone with the variety of excellent Soft-key mods that you offer - does it work by replicating your Mods folder hierarchy replacing your battery pngs with a different set? If so, does it merge the changes on a subsequent boot-up? or is there another process I should get my head round!? (oops that's 3 questions!)

Many thanks :D

post-628580-0-73660500-1342811991_thumb.

My preferred battery, the basic UOT in JB Blue!

Ah yes, the classic circle battery in my eyes...

Guest Ready2ROMble

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me something about "stickmount"?

I read great things about it (i think), now is my question.... Can i use it at Paul's latest JR4?

I'm sorry for my bad Englisch!

Thanks allready

Guest jmagee
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me something about "stickmount"?

I read great things about it (i think), now is my question.... Can i use it at Paul's latest JR4?

I'm sorry for my bad Englisch!

Thanks allready

Stick mount allows you to use a us. Stick with you tablet and yes it works with Paul's custom ROMs no problem. Great for carrying movies with you.

Guest Ready2ROMble

Thanks for your answer, I just installed stickmount and it works fine with JR4.

What format can you take the best to play movies on the nexus?

Guest jmagee
Thanks for your answer, I just installed stickmount and it works fine with JR4.

What format can you take the best to play movies on the nexus?

IVs tried mp4 and avi. The mp4 are easiest to play and tend to be smaller files.

Guest dimmanramone

Hi guys,

Anyone experience gps not locking. I'm running JR4 prebake, XXLF1 baseband. T-Mobile USA. Thanks in advance.

I'm running a baked JR4 and today I realized that I have also problems with GPS lock, didn't have that problem with the previous versions.

Guest Sk1mble

I was finding the same thing just now... so I downloaded an app called GPS Status & Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en) to get more of a handle on it (number of locked satellites etc.) and found that almost immediately it downloaded some GPS assistance data and voila I was back to being pinpointed with a very fast lock in all other apps. Maybe it's worth giving that a try?

Edited by Sk1mble

Guest Sk1mble

Hmm, that's weird; I don't seem to have an option to turn NFC on or off and Google Wallet refuses to open because NFC is turned off. Any ideas?

Guest Sk1mble

After doing some Googling I backed everything up with Titanium Backup and then did a factory reset - that restored the NFC setting.

Guest vagelis

I'm running a baked JR4 and today I realized that I have also problems with GPS lock, didn't have that problem with the previous versions.

I was finding the same thing just now... so I downloaded an app called GPS Status & Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en) to get more of a handle on it (number of locked satellites etc.) and found that almost immediately it downloaded some GPS assistance data and voila I was back to being pinpointed with a very fast lock in all other apps. Maybe it's worth giving that a try?

I am also experiencing the same issue .and the GPS utility does not help either.

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance.

Guest avelec

I am also experiencing the same issue .and the GPS utility does not help either.

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance.

Tried the GPS utility, does not help either. Saw a post by "wilsonlam97" in xda forum:

" the REAL fix to my GPS problems on 4.1.1 was Google's Location Services. I turned that off and BAM! Everything is running smoothly and GPS locks instantly with stock gps.conf configuration"

It works...hope this helps. Only Paul knows the real fix. Thanks.

Edited by avelec

Guest vagelis

Tried the GPS utility, does not help either. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

I believe that at this point we have 5 baked ROMs that are reporting this GPS not locking issue.

This did not happen on Jr3 and below.

Mr P Sir, may we please have some of your magic looking into that?

Thank you kindly.

Guest avelec

I believe that at this point we have 5 baked ROMs that are reporting this GPS not locking issue.

This did not happen on Jr3 and below.

Mr P Sir, may we please have some of your magic looking into that?

Thank you kindly.

Look at my edited post (1 above yours).

Guest vagelis

Look at my edited post (1 above yours).

Indeed, it now works!

And after that you can turn Google location services back on, and it still works!

Makes you wonder if there was a corrupt cached entry somewhere...

Thank you

EDIT:

scratch that, you leave Google's location services on, and it fails again after a few minutes.

Makes you wonder why that's the case, especially since this doesn't happen on nexus 7's Jr5 ROM...

...scratching my head in bewilderment...

Edited by vagelis