Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dimmanramone

Tried the GPS utility, does not help either. Saw a post by "wilsonlam97" in xda forum:

" the REAL fix to my GPS problems on 4.1.1 was Google's Location Services. I turned that off and BAM! Everything is running smoothly and GPS locks instantly with stock gps.conf configuration"

It works...hope this helps. Only Paul knows the real fix. Thanks.

Indeed, it now works!

And after that you can turn Google location services back on, and it still works!

Makes you wonder if there was a corrupt cached entry somewhere...

Thank you

EDIT:

scratch that, you leave Google's location services on, and it fails again after a few minutes.

Makes you wonder why that's the case, especially since this doesn't happen on nexus 7's Jr5 ROM...

...scratching my head in bewilderment...

Well it works, but I have to do that almost everytime that I want to use the GPS.

/d

Guest jmagee

I'm having no real problems with GPS. Its a little slower than Jr3 used to be but still quicker than I was seeing with francos latest milestone on ICS.

Guest arich

Gps took about ten seconds to lock on WITH location services on.

That being said, I've now drained to 87% in 3.5 hrs with minimal to no usage which is drastically worse than what I was getting on stock JB.

Guest avelec

Well it works, but I have to do that almost everytime that I want to use the GPS.

/d

Yes, with Google's location services on, it takes more than 5 minutes to lock and it fails again after a few minutes. Needs Paul's helps. Thanks in advance.

Guest dimmanramone

Yes, seems like only effecting us users. Already got a real fix in xda forum.

Not really I live in Sweden.

Which fix? Are you talking about the modified gps.conf fix?

EDIT: After some digging I found that modifying the gps.conf you can get better lock times and probably more accurate GPS.

In XDA there are 2 threads:

[FIX] GPS FIX for Nexus Blazing Fast and Accurate WORKS!!

[DEC.05.2011] Instantaneous GPS Fixation v1.2! *FOR ALL ANDROIDS PHONES!*

and in rootzwiki one:

Optimal GPS settings for Galaxy Nexus CDMA

and yes it helps but from the other hand I checked jr1 jr2 and jr4 and the gps.conf is exactly the same and I didn't have any problems with the GPS in jr1 and jr2

Edited by dimmanramone

Guest Sk1mble

Hggnnh, having another problem today in that no matter what I do I'm not getting the network and wi-fi icons turning blue and syncing does not seem to be working as it should. Does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting this? Is it remotely possible it's a problem with Google rather than my phone?

Update: I think this might be a problem at Google's end - Google Talk is not working correctly either; it lets me log in but isn't displaying my Friends list or doing anything else. As I understand it the Google Talk service is at the core of a lot of the other functionality so this might well be the problem.

Edited by Sk1mble

Guest Mrkasser7

For the GPS issue(which I am also having) has anyone tried reverting back to jr3 or jr2 I would but i deleted my jr2 last week cuz jr4 was working fine otherwise. I know when I did use GPS for nav in jr2 i had no issues.

Edited by Mrkasser7

Guest avelec

Not really I live in Sweden.

Which fix? Are you talking about the modified gps.conf fix?

EDIT: After some digging I found that modifying the gps.conf you can get better lock times and probably more accurate GPS.

In XDA there are 2 threads:

[FIX] GPS FIX for Nexus Blazing Fast and Accurate WORKS!!

[DEC.05.2011] Instantaneous GPS Fixation v1.2! *FOR ALL ANDROIDS PHONES!*

and in rootzwiki one:

Optimal GPS settings for Galaxy Nexus CDMA

and yes it helps but from the other hand I checked jr1 jr2 and jr4 and the gps.conf is exactly the same and I didn't have any problems with the GPS in jr1 and jr2

This is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1789543 , but seems like only for US user.

I didn't have problem with jr1 and jr2.

Guest comicbookguy

Hggnnh, having another problem today in that no matter what I do I'm not getting the network and wi-fi icons turning blue and syncing does not seem to be working as it should. Does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting this? Is it remotely possible it's a problem with Google rather than my phone?

Update: I think this might be a problem at Google's end - Google Talk is not working correctly either; it lets me log in but isn't displaying my Friends list or doing anything else. As I understand it the Google Talk service is at the core of a lot of the other functionality so this might well be the problem.

The news and weather widget was down all day Saturday for me. Presume that s part of Google too....

Guest Sk1mble

I don't know what went wrong but I ended up doing a factory reset and bingo everything was working again. I hope that this doesn't happen again. =/

Does anyone know if there's a way to save customised ring tones on a contact-by-contact basis?

Guest Andrey Putintsev

i've got some issues with gps on jr4 too. wiped /system, rolled back to jr2 and gps works great. will stay with jr2 for a while =) i also noticed that jr4 is a bit slower when using google now.

EDIT: i always change my gps.conf to use russian servers (i'm in Russia)

Edited by Andrey Putintsev

Guest dimmanramone

This is the link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1789543 , but seems like only for US user.

I didn't have problem with jr1 and jr2.

Yes that's the first link that I have in my post and that works better for US users, in the second link from XDA there are a lot of different gps.conf that can be used in europe, asia etc

Edited by dimmanramone

Guest Brembo109

I have a offtopic question: Paul do you still prefer the S4 HTC One XL before the Tegra one? I think about to get one and put my GNex to spare. :-)

Guest arich

Sorry to bother you Paul, I was just wondering; what do I need to do to add long press capability to the Search soft key in your 4.1.1 rom for the GNex? Is it just a matter of editing a string in the one of the SystemUI.apk files?

Guest PaulOBrien
I have a offtopic question: Paul do you still prefer the S4 HTC One XL before the Tegra one? I think about to get one and put my GNex to spare. :-)

Yeah, for battery reasons... It's just a bit better.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Sorry to bother you Paul, I was just wondering; what do I need to do to add long press capability to the Search soft key in your 4.1.1 rom for the GNex? Is it just a matter of editing a string in the one of the SystemUI.apk files?

Sadly not!

P

Guest Toya78

It seems that the music player equalizer is no longer available (build Jr4).

Anybody else saw this problem ?

Could it be a Nexus 7 ROM merge problem ?

Guest Brembo109
It seems that the music player equalizer is no longer available (build Jr4).

Anybody else saw this problem ?

Could it be a Nexus 7 ROM merge problem ?

Equalizer is working here, no problems