Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MacAllan

He is moaning about drain when the phone is sleeping, so display consumption is no reason here. I have better batterie with Franco kernel r225 in JB then in ICS before.

Maybe you neeed to read his post again, he only mention that he has high battery consumption ;)

I know that other kernels can give better battery, but i allways stay on stock kernel cus they can also give problems.

Guest Brembo109

Maybe you neeed to read his post again, he only mention that he has high battery consumption ;)

I know that other kernels can give better battery, but i allways stay on stock kernel cus they can also give problems.

Okay, missred it. Sorry. You can give francos kernel a try, it's stable as stock and very good. Also no known issues with it

Guest jmagee
hmmm i cant seem to get google music to work, it doesnt ask me to sign in it jut looks for onboard music of which there is none.

Maybe worth trying to clear data then it should ask you to sign in when you open it

Edited by jmagee

Guest comicbookguy

App works and all the options are changeable but the volume remains the same no matter which volume adjustment you pick.

Volume+ just updated on the market with "improved" support for JB....

Guest jmagee

I'm still seeing no difference using volume+ not consistently anyway sometimes it'll be really loud others really quiet without doing anything.

Guest comicbookguy

Odd. I've got it working for speaker volumes on nexus7 with Paul's ROM too. Did you try baking a ROM without Music FX? (I did that on both the GNex and Nexus7 ROMs.... ). I'll compare the 2 devices for speaker, headphone @ BT volumes later.......

Guest Drawde40599

I haven't tried previous builds of modaco jellybean ROMs j5 first one and i can't get GLaDOS jellybean kernel to boot on this ROM ? I've tried everything I could think of and it gets stuck at Google screen or stuck on GLaDOS boot animation . Any1 using GLaDOS here ?

Guest jmagee
Odd. I've got it working for speaker volumes on nexus7 with Paul's ROM too. Did you try baking a ROM without Music FX? (I did that on both the GNex and Nexus7 ROMs.... ). I'll compare the 2 devices for speaker, headphone @ BT volumes later.......

That could be where I'm going wrong. I've baked it in but just disabled it. I'll try a new bake without it.

Guest comicbookguy

That could be where I'm going wrong. I've baked it in but just disabled it. I'll try a new bake without it.

The developer comments do say its still not working for system sounds, tho

Guest comicbookguy

The only other thing is are you on the free or paid version of the app?

Guest hsmade

My wifi seems to stay connected, even when I set it to only connect during sleep when the charger is connected. Anyone else has this?

Guest jmagee

The only other thing is are you on the free or paid version of the app?

Paid still not really seeing it after a fresh bake. I must be missing something

Guest Anil K Solanki

Okay, missred it. Sorry. You can give francos kernel a try, it's stable as stock and very good. Also no known issues with it

Hi Brembo109, I've recently switched from a LG O2X. So far, a few days, I really love this handset and Jelly Bean. The only annoyance is the colour tint of the screen. But in order to make colour changes I need a different kernel. Assuming your using franco's kernel. Have you tried tweaking the colours? If you have, does it make a worthwhile improvement? I'm not interested in better battery life, or Higher quadrant scores. Simply stability, with everything working.

I would appreciate any insights. Many thanks. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest arich

Hi Brembo109, I've recently switched from a LG O2X. So far, a few days, I really love this handset and Jelly Bean. The only annoyance is the colour tint of the screen. But in order to make colour changes I need a different kernel. Assuming your using franco's kernel. Have you tried tweaking the colours? If you have, does it make a worthwhile improvement? I'm not interested in better battery life, or Higher quadrant scores. Simply stability, with everything working.

Using Franco to tweak the colors works great. There are lots of threads on xda about "optimum settings", but its really up to your own eye and what you like

Guest Brembo109

Yes, color tweaking works great with francos kernel. If your using his app, you can do this with it. In his app he gives a advice witch is the best option to improve. I have done this and it's great. The newest kernel does this improvements even without the app, he put it in as standard

Guest Cathal Garrad

Hi, Paul, I asked before if a volume boost could be baked in as its a known issue on the SGN.

I'll put €50 towards a solution if you think its doable. I can Paypal you the money for your time to implement it.

I dont know if anybody wants to add to that but it is the only outstanding problem I have with the phone and Volume+ is not ideal.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Yes, color tweaking works great with francos kernel. If your using his app, you can do this with it. In his app he gives a advice witch is the best option to improve. I have done this and it's great. The newest kernel does this improvements even without the app, he put it in as standard

Hi Brembo109, I have flashed franco.Kernel-r225-384GPU with no problems. You said in your last post the dev has baked in some of the colour tweaks. But I couldn't see any difference to the stock kernel. I should add I flashed milestone 4 but I got a boot freeze at the Google logo. I couldn't find a Jelly Bean specific build of the milestone as I did with the nightly r225.

Do you know if franco.Kernel-r225-384GPU has the colour tweaks built in? Or should I just buy the app anyway?

Thanks. Anil

Guest Anil K Solanki

Using Franco to tweak the colors works great. There are lots of threads on xda about "optimum settings", but its really up to your own eye and what you like

Thanks arich, I will search XDA. Could I possibly ask which settings you used? Even if only as reference. Colour is subjective, so every bodies idea of great colour is different. Thanks. Anil

Guest Brembo109
Hi, Paul, I asked before if a volume boost could be baked in as its a known issue on the SGN.

I'll put €50 towards a solution if you think its doable. I can Paypal you the money for your time to implement it.

I dont know if anybody wants to add to that but it is the only outstanding problem I have with the phone and Volume+ is not ideal.

There has to be a solution, because CM9 and 10 are much louder, even the system sounds and ringer. Maybe Paul can look into it

Guest Elisha82

Flash this first: http://db.tt/cUZ8dWLq/ then flash the GladOS kernel.

I haven't tried previous builds of modaco jellybean ROMs j5 first one and i can't get GLaDOS jellybean kernel to boot on this ROM ? I've tried everything I could think of and it gets stuck at Google screen or stuck on GLaDOS boot animation . Any1 using GLaDOS here ?

Guest Brembo109

Thanks arich, I will search XDA. Could I possibly ask which settings you used? Even if only as reference. Colour is subjective, so every bodies idea of great colour is different. Thanks. Anil

I'm using :

Red: 180

Green: 192

Blue: 200

Gamma: - 4;0;5

Guest bolmedias

I'm getting a very strange error on this ROM when I try to install apps using ADB. This is the ADB output:

adb install FILENAME.apk

4118 KB/s (9716480 bytes in 2.304s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
This is the logcat output:

W/zipro   (19315): Unable to open zip '/data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk': Permission denied

D/asset   (19315): failed to open Zip archive '/data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk'

D/dalvikvm(  340): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 0ms

W/PackageParser(19315): Unable to read AndroidManifest.xml of /data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

W/PackageParser(19315): java.io.FileNotFoundException: AndroidManifest.xml

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlAssetNative(Native Method)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlBlockAsset(AssetManager.java:487)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlResourceParser(AssetManager.java:455)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.pm.PackageParser.parsePackageLite(PackageParser.java:722)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at com.android.defcontainer.DefaultContainerService$1.getMinimalPackageInfo(DefaultContainerService.java:169)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at com.android.internal.app.IMediaContainerService$Stub.onTransact(IMediaContainerService.java:110)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:367)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

W/DefContainer(19315): Failed to parse package

W/ActivityManager(  340): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

This hasn't happened on any other ROM I've been on, ICS or Jelly Bean, and I have no problem pushing the apk to /sdcard and then installing it on the phone itself. I also have no problem installing it to other phones using adb. I'm using the secure boot image with adb patch so I don't see why I should be having this problem. Any suggestions?

I'm still having this exact same issue in Jr5. It's not a big deal at the moment as I can just push the file to /sdcard/ and install it on the device itself but it is annoying.