Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Xenio

I am using the Jr5 and I have a lot of problem with the Led Notification it doesn't work at all and I am using Trackball Alert Pro.

I didn't have this problem with previous release Jr3/4. To make Led working I did a Smali patch inside Trackball Alert Pro.

But it is strange sometime the led does not light up. The options "pulse notification light" is on.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Guest Anil K Solanki

I am using the Jr5 and I have a lot of problem with the Led Notification it doesn't work at all and I am using Trackball Alert Pro.

I didn't have this problem with previous release Jr3/4. To make Led working I did a Smali patch inside Trackball Alert Pro.

But it is strange sometime the led does not light up. The options "pulse notification light" is on.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi Xenio, I don't want to sound like a sadist but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one having issues with LED notifications working, and then not working. I'm very new to the GNEX, and I'm running Jr5 too, I will also add that I'm using the app Light Flow Pro.

I might uninstall Light Flow, and then see if the standard LED notification works. I have deleted track ball alert so I can't test that without re-flashing the ROM.

Have fun. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest corpisa

I might uninstall Light Flow, and then see if the standard LED notification works. I have deleted track ball alert so I can't test that without re-flashing the ROM.

standard notifications work just fine here... using baked rom with no track alert included ;) ;)

slds

Guest jmagee

It's nice that I can help you :-)

Only thing I have noticed now though is a slight purple color after pressing the soft keys. Why can't my gnex screen be like my nexus 7 :-(

Guest Anil K Solanki

standard notifications work just fine here... using baked rom with no track alert included ;) ;)

slds

Hi corpisa, ditto! I tried the stock built in notification and it worked fine. Both email and SMS worked. But a missed call idn't light up the LED. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere?

Thanks. Anil

Guest Anil K Solanki

Only thing I have noticed now though is a slight purple color after pressing the soft keys. Why can't my gnex screen be like my nexus 7 :-(

Hi jmagee, I don't mean to butt-in, but the GNEX has on paper at least, a technically superior screen. The blacks are simply, well, black. Pure solid black. A true sight to behold.

Something I did today was compare colours of the user interface between different devices running ICS and JB. Two tablets and a GNEX. Which grey is accurate? They grey on my ASUS Transformer was slightly different to the grey of the Holo interface on my girlfriends Galaxy Tab, to the grey, on my now non stock GNEX.

Colour accuracy is a long endless road with so many variables, that I recommend finding a setting you like and living with it. Because one thing I've noticed with people who have posted their colour settings tweaked via francos kernel. Nobody has stated the brightness level they're using. I found the brightness level changes the colours noticeably. If they're using auto brightness, then the colour balance will be changing all the time.

Just my thoughts as a graphic designer dealing with colour accuracy for twenty years.

Have fun. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest jmagee

Hi jmagee, I don't mean to butt-in, but the GNEX has on paper at least, a technically superior screen. The blacks are simply, well, black. Pure solid black. A true sight to behold.

Something I did today was compare colours of the user interface between different devices running ICS and JB. Two tablets and a GNEX. Which grey is accurate? They grey on my ASUS Transformer was slightly different to the grey of the Holo interface on my girlfriends Galaxy Tab, to the grey, on my now non stock GNEX.

Colour accuracy is a long endless road with so many variables, that I recommend finding a setting you like and living with it. Because one thing I've noticed with people who have posted their colour settings tweaked via francos kernel. Nobody has stated the brightness level they're using. I found the brightness level changes the colours noticeably. If they're using auto brightness, then the colour balance will be changing all the time.

Just my thoughts as a graphic designer dealing with colour accuracy for twenty years.

Have fun. Anil

Thanks, I have noticed that the brightness has a massive effect. To be honest I'm not impressed with the screen on my gnex compared to my wife's s2 I'd say it was inferior. Even from new it has looked grainy with clear lines across the screen when viewing most colours especially white.

Problem is now I have my nexus 7 which I'm using most of the time I notice the poor screen on my gnex more

Guest Anil K Solanki

Thanks, I have noticed that the brightness has a massive effect. To be honest I'm not impressed with the screen on my gnex compared to my wife's s2 I'd say it was inferior. Even from new it has looked grainy with clear lines across the screen when viewing most colours especially white.

Problem is now I have my nexus 7 which I'm using most of the time I notice the poor screen on my gnex more

Hi , I might have to get a NEXUS 7. Your description of your GNEX's screen sounds terrible. "The NEXUS 7 is a 7-inch tablet featuring a 1280 x 800 HD display with a pixel density of 216 pixels-per-inch." The GNEX has a PPI of 316. If my maths is correct, that's 46% greater pixel density.

Perhaps you have a dodgy screen? Or perhaps the screen deteriorates over time? I have no idea how old your screen is. Perhaps I got a good one? Perhaps my eyesight is worse than yours? Damn, too many ifs and buts. You sound happy with your NEXUS 7, so that is the upside, right?

With built in GPS, all you need is an app with local map storage, and you can say goodbye to dedicated GPS units. I better order my NEXUS 7 now! :) Have fun. Anil

Guest Anil K Solanki

slds

Hi corpisa, after a little while stock LED notifications stopped working as well. Missed call never worked with stock. Weird and annoying. One of the biggest reasons I never bought an iPhone was the lack of a notification light. The multicolour GNEX light is a notification addicts wet dream come true. I hope this anomaly can be solved.

I reinstalled Light Flow and tried a missed call test, and my notification light is blinking as programmed. Ditto for an SMS. Gmail, I'm not sure about.

Have fun. Anil

Guest ihussle247

Please please forgive me if this is stupid but I got JR4 already on my Gnex do I have to do the whole wipe thing again or is there a update/upgrade option?

Guest jmagee
Please please forgive me if this is stupid but I got JR4 already on my Gnex do I have to do the whole wipe thing again or is there a update/upgrade option?

No wipe needed. Just install Jr5 over the top

Guest thesupermario69

Is there any way to turn off the auto screen rotate on the home screen?

I still want to be able to have apps auto rotate, such as the browser and messaging, just not the home screen and apps drawer

Guest Transcan

Hello everyone.

I installed a baked JR5 release this week, and I've found something wrong in contact/dialer: Every time I try to add an event to a contact (like a birth date) I get a Force Closing.

I even did a total wipe and I get the same result.

I'm using the CyanogenMod Contacts / Dialer modification. I didn't tried the stock one yet (I guess it will work)

But I just wanted to know if is an issue with my setup, or if someone else had this little error too, before going further.

Thanks in advance.

And Paul , thanks for your great work in this ROM.

...And sorry for my bad English ^_^;

Guest MacAllan

So I dont need to back up my apps and messages it will al be there?

A backup is allways a good thing to do, just in case.

I guess you are using CWM to install rom so do a fullbackup with CWM before installing Jr5.

Then clear dalvik and cashe before install, and if everything works as i should everything will be there after upgrade.

Guest corpisa

Hi corpisa, after a little while stock LED notifications stopped working as well. Missed call never worked with stock. Weird and annoying. One of the biggest reasons I never bought an iPhone was the lack of a notification light. The multicolour GNEX light is a notification addicts wet dream come true. I hope this anomaly can be solved.

I reinstalled Light Flow and tried a missed call test, and my notification light is blinking as programmed. Ditto for an SMS. Gmail, I'm not sure about.

Have fun. Anil

humm.. well to be honest I never pay attention to notification led, I mean I know is working because I see it flashing and when I look the phone I have an email/missed call/etc... but I've never pay attention if its specific for missed call or for what... I'm going to clear everything and make a call to my phone to see if stock (i did not baked trackalert or installed anything related to led notifications) led notifications is working and report back.

BTW yesterday after using JB for a while found out that you can expand emails and stuff on notification bar but I've not been able to do it. Any ideas?

One more thing for those who use viber, the JB update finally came yesterday ;)

Off topic: I think we lost Paul to the Olympics... he must be having fun watching some women's beach volleyball.. :wub: jaja...

Edited by corpisa

Guest Anil K Solanki

humm.. well to be honest I never pay attention to notification led, I mean I know is working because I see it flashing and when I look the phone I have an email/missed call/etc... but I've never pay attention if its specific for missed call or for what... I'm going to clear everything and make a call to my phone to see if stock (i did not baked trackalert or installed anything related to led notifications) led notifications is working and report back.

BTW yesterday after using JB for a while found out that you can expand emails and stuff on notification bar but I've not been able to do it. Any ideas?

Hi corpisa, In a way you do use LED notifications, you simply choose not act on them. I for one want to be told by my answering machine for example that I have a message for me. And not check my machine for messages. That is so 20th century.

As for your question regarding notification items in in the panel, you can expand some of them by using two fingers to expand them. The opposite of a pinch, you pinch out. I hope that makes sense.

Have fun. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest jmagee

One more thing for those who use viber, the JB update finally came yesterday ;)

Off topic: I think we lost Paul to the Olympics... he must be having fun watching some women's beach volleyball.. :wub: jaja...

In Paul's defense he is on holiday.

No problems with notifications here either using trackball alert pro

Guest FORTCIS

Hi,

I was wondering what is required to add locale Australia to the ROM so that English (Australia) can be selected when setting up the phone?

post-968359-0-98156300-1343949942_thumb.

Guest stefano iungg

I bought adfree but I have not received the activation. The 24 hours have passed and I received no response to emails.

Who can I contact to get an explanation?

Guest jmagee
I bought adfree but I have not received the activation. The 24 hours have passed and I received no response to emails.

Normally Paul, think he's on holiday at the moment. Try clearing your browser's cache

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi, perhaps posting your question in the relevant section would be more useful to you this section is specific to the SAMSUNG Galaxy NEXUS.

And welcome to MoDaCo. I first started off with my first ANDROID device on this site. Very helpful folks here.

Have fun. Anil

Guest stefano iungg

Normally Paul, think he's on holiday at the moment. Try clearing your browser's cache

Hi, perhaps posting your question in the relevant section would be more useful to you this section is specific to the SAMSUNG Galaxy NEXUS.

And welcome to MoDaCo. I first started off with my first ANDROID device on this site. Very helpful folks here.

Have fun. Anil

TNX :)

Guest cam_neely

Hello,

I just realized that I cannot take pictures with the Evernote app. It says "No picture captured" when I try. Anyone else with the same problem?

Guest ejlax

anyone else have issues selecting Contacts to Display in the People app? Everytime i do the app FC's. I ahve attempted to pull the apks (Phone, ContactsProvider, and Contacts) from another ROM but i can't get phone to show in app drawer...thoughts?