Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Checking the issues now. Do the tests work OK in TBA Pro for everyone? If so, try re-creating the settings for missed calls, or capturing them using the TBA function to do so...

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Checking the issues now. Do the tests work OK in TBA Pro for everyone? If so, try re-creating the settings for missed calls, or capturing them using the TBA function to do so...

P

Paul, I recreated the missing calls event and still don't work. Sms do... didn't even had to recreate.

Tests don't work in tba pro but in real situations they do. Lol

Guest stefano iungg

P

There is a chance that you look at the problem of pictures in contacts?

Thanks

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just updated the Wallet version, Amazon Appstore version, Calendar version and fixed Flash. I'll be checking the TBA and contact issues next!

P

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Just baked a new ROM. Unit boots until the MoDaCo boot logo disappears and hangs. Tried from installed JR7 from yesterday and from my JR6 backup. Also tried wiping the caches. No way. Unit starts twice by the way.

Guest stefano iungg

I've just updated the Wallet version, Amazon Appstore version, Calendar version and fixed Flash. I'll be checking the TBA and contact issues next!

P

thanks for your work.

Just baked a new ROM. Unit boots until the MoDaCo boot logo disappears and hangs. Tried from installed JR7 from yesterday and from my JR6 backup. Also tried wiping the caches. No way. Unit starts twice by the way.

+1

Guest Dieter Schroeder

So...I installed the latest ROM...and now the phone won't boot up. There's a looping logcat and this is the start of it. http://pastebin.com/17FiUgwG

Has somebody had the same experience? know how to fix it?

Sorry, pressed quote button by mistake

Edited by Dieter Schroeder

Guest Paulo Nobrega

was so confident that i didnt did a backup :(

and dont have the old file from kitchen... Paul any idea what it might is???? dont wanna wipe today, but need the phone for tomorrow.. <_<

Guest superbarney

I can't seem to boot up Jr7 after replacing a clean stock 4.1.2. Anybody else got this problem? It's stuck at the Jelly Bean boot up image. I've tried 3 times with 3 different bakes.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
I can't seem to boot up Jr7 after replacing a clean stock 4.1.2. Anybody else got this problem? It's stuck at the Jelly Bean boot up image. I've tried 3 times with 3 different bakes.

Last kitchen rom doesn't seem to be working...

Last posts mention that ;-)

Guest Sk1mble

Rather embarrassingly I installed it too with my last Nandroid backup being from April. Fortunately I was able to restore that and then get the previous safe ModaCo ROM I baked from my work computer, so I was back up and running after about 4 hours of tinkering with apps and stuff. Still, that's all on me rather than Paul; should've backed up before upgrading. Still, this ROM is usually so safe and stable!

Guest John Carroll

For those having problems, have you tried installing from a "restore factory defaults", and wiping all partitions within recovery? Some are dirty flashing, some are installing over a stock 4.12, but since you are not able to get up and running on top of an earlier build, why not just wipe the slate clean and try installing JR7 from there. May also want to take a closer look at what is in your bake and create a "minimalist" ROM. Both my GNex units upgraded from JR6 to JR7 with no issues. I just wiped cache and dalvic cache beforehand as a precaution (running Franco's kernel).

Guest Paulo Nobrega

I did upgraded from jr6 to jr7 with no issues. Only this new version where Paul fixed the tba problem didn't boot. He changed the kitchen yesterday tho the change log was kept.

Since first jr7 Rom was good, and i backuped , i baked a new Rom with no backup... ended up with no booting.

Restored to my last backup, jr6.

So no 4.1.2 until Paul fixes the kitchen. Just that annoying warning from the ota update available every 5 minutes. Lol

Guest John Carroll

I always make it a point to remove TBA, as it has never worked properly (fully) for me, ever. Both of my units are running JR7 / Franco with no problems.

Guest Dieter Schroeder

I always make it a point to remove TBA, as it has never worked properly (fully) for me, ever. Both of my units are running JR7 / Franco with no problems.

The point is not what you include, but the building of the package. I didn't change my receipt from Jr6 to Jr7 and the first build worked, except of the issue with flash.

I use a very stripped down package and I also tried without TBA.

In case you were an early bird, you're lucky. Ever tried flash with your GNex?