Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Does this include the other mods. I'm going to hold out for them I think.

Screw it just got the pop up- downloading now :-)

Edited by jmagee

Guest PaulOBrien

Sorry for the hassles folks, there's some strange things in 4.2 breaking techniques that worked fine in 4.1, as well as things breaking only after a full wipe!

P

Harsh! Going to flash now. Fingers crossed

All done, seeing the widget issue. Looks good so far but already missing the menu buttons. Come on Google. Wake up!

Edited by jmagee

Guest comicbookguy

not getting the update notification here!

loving photosphere (even if its a novelty)

not sure about the new settings screen, but having your own contact info handy is great

love the new clock

miss the menu buttons & stock % battery mod though

quality quick work as usual Paul!

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Chewy11

I cooked twice today. First flashed well but had FC all over the place. Second build functions great, save for the lock screen widget issue.

If you're reading this the builds are good!

AWESOME SAUCE.

Thanks Paul.

OK just a heads up, installed Franco milestone 6 and it didn't like something. Wouldn't start apps after the android is upgrading screen. Pulled battery and wiped dalvik and still not booting. Looks like nandroid until tomorrow :-(

Guest comicbookguy

OK just a heads up, installed Franco milestone 6 and it didn't like something. Wouldn't start apps after the android is upgrading screen. Pulled battery and wiped dalvik and still not booting. Looks like nandroid until tomorrow :-(

was just about to flash a kernel update. thx!

Guest Raymond Grashoff

With JR7, i received an OTA Update 4.2 via Google. Not flashed because i think, i will loose root.

Now downloading JR8.

While downloading, reading some comments about Franco Kernel. Currently i'm using #300 on JR7 (4.1.2). Francisco confirmed not to have created a Custom Kernel, based on 4.2 so there for wait for his new nightly which is based on 4.2

Follow Franco's thread in order to be updated.

Thanks Paul. Appreciate your work.

Guest Calamity James

I'm still getting the bootloop when updating from Jr7. The only option I added really was the new baseband.

Video of what's happening:

(Ignore the office background chatter!)

Right, onwards and upwards! Researching the lockscreen widget issue, watch this space!

P

Can anything be done about the camera? I'm finding it slow compared to the previous version

Guest Calamity James

Maybe worth a fresh download. Don't put the baseband in and wipe dalvik and cache again

I did try another fresh download.

Will try another one without the baseband. I wipe cache/dalvik cache as a matter of course anyway.

If that doesn't work I'll hold fire for a while!

Edited by Calamity James