Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lsim001

Just tried doing a backup and installing JR8 and my phone sdcard partition is now completely screwed up. At least installing JR7 got it back to a working state but it looks like i'm going to have to format the sdcard.

Guest tehgeekguy

Just tried doing a backup and installing JR8 and my phone sdcard partition is now completely screwed up. At least installing JR7 got it back to a working state but it looks like i'm going to have to format the sdcard.

That's a 4.2 thing, not just JR8. Look around a bit and you'll find all the details you need. In short, they pushed /sdcard to /sdcard/0.

Guest William Angers

Hey Paul, thanks a lot for the work you do. Your 4.2 rom is exactly what I was looking for, glad to have purchased your kitchen access when I got my GNex few months ago

I'm eagerly waiting for the circle battery mod. I usualy do these mods myself when they are not available but I'm unable to compile, decompile or install 4.2 system files because of 1.5.0 APKTool. I read that you made it compatible with 4.2, saw your github but I dont know how to build it from the source

If you could share the fixed and compiled apktool.jar it, would be very appreciated ^_^

Edited by William Angers

Guest PaulOBrien

Morning folks!

Working on the battery icons mods, just a quick heads up to let you know that I have decided to discontinue the 'search button' UI mods. They don't really fix that well with the new 4.2 UI / Google Now, and I can see they are not being used very much.

Hope this doesn't annoy anyone. :)

P

Oh very good when you have the time adjust framework for compability in trackball Albert ( is the best for battery use)

op: franko published boot.img for 4.2 and everythings si smooth And battery friendly

Summary....

Modaco Custom ROM + Franko kernel is the peace in the world :) :) :)

Guest pixelboy
I have decided to discontinue the 'search button' UI mods. They don't really fix that well with the new 4.2 UI / Google Now, and I can see they are not being used very much.

P

That's a shame, I'm a big fan of the search button as it's the best way to access search in several apps, K9 for one.. But if it's difficult to get them into 4.2 then I understand.

Thanks for your work on this Paul.

Guest anssi_s

Morning folks!

Working on the battery icons mods, just a quick heads up to let you know that I have decided to discontinue the 'search button' UI mods. They don't really fix that well with the new 4.2 UI / Google Now, and I can see they are not being used very much.

P

Well I do like the search button! But really the only use I have for it is searching in K-9 mail which is kinda stuck in the 2.x days and expects a search button on the phone. Otherwise search is pretty well hidden.

If only there were some other even half-decent IMAP mail client for Android...

Guest seakins

I did select the offline gallery option so that may well be the problem with photosphere missing as I read that it's to do with the updated gallery in the OTA update? (may be very wrong there...)

Will bake another ROM tonight and test...

Thanks for being on the ball with this awesomeness Paul!

Updated again with the new basband, still having issues with BT connectivity.

I can't wait for Google to sort this out, pretty annoying at the moment.

Other than that, the ROM is solid!

Guest seakins

Just to settle my niggling thoughts here... Can anyone please confirm that photosphere is actually included in the rom and maybe it is just my selection from in the kitchen that has excluded it?

Thanks!

Guest seakins

Photosphere si include and works good :)

Thank you kindly Sir! Did you select the online or offline gallery option from the kitchen?

The keyboard is wicked! Something new is always a great treat!

Guest comicbookguy

Had photosphere on my first build when offline gallery was greyed out, but its disappeared now I've selected offline gallery and removed Google+ in my second build

Guest PaulOBrien
Had photosphere on my first build when offline gallery was greyed out, but its disappeared now I've selected offline gallery and removed Google+ in my second build

I suspect the offline gallery excludes Photosphere from the camera. ie it's closed source.

P

Guest bellamy

Just had a few SOD and then the phone rebooted, but without the need to insert my PIN again!+

I would have probably not notice it if the phone was not at my side.

Edited by bellamy