Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

I have restored almost everything. Some processes has created directory 0, and copied there most of the data. Only SMS and Phone calls are missing. And strangely stock browsed does not see Mobile bookmarks, Chrome can, but browser can't.

Edited by igorm

Guest siedkins

Just flashed JR8

I couldn't find Developer Options in 4.2 but a quick Google and here it is. Just in case anyone else wants it.

http://rootzwiki.com...e-to-look-r1240

P.S. I just flashed with "Menu button on both sides" and I seem to have gotten the Search button as well. Can you check it out in the kitchen?

Edited by siedkins

Hi, when i try to add birthday to a contact, the contact app force closes. I have T9-enabled contacts from jr8 kitchen.

Same here. Not that it is a feature I ever use. If I have birthdays on my phone they go on my google calendar

Guest Andrey Putintsev

Same here. Not that it is a feature I ever use. If I have birthdays on my phone they go on my google calendar

Same here, but still a bit annoying

Edited by Andrey Putintsev

Guest kkazakov

I had 3 random reboots with Jr8 build from the kitchen. Two was with the supplied kernel, one was with Franco's r313. I assume it's not the kernel, then. The reboots were totally random, one was while talking, the other was while looking at the Gallery photos, the third one was while reading sth on Facebook app. Unfortunately, I was not near any computer, so it was not connected in order to see sth in the log.

Guest DonVincenzo

P.S. I just flashed with "Menu button on both sides" and I seem to have gotten the Search button as well. Can you check it out in the kitchen?

Me too - I selected 'Menu button on both sides also active when hidden' but seem to have also got the search bar. Could you take a look Paul when you have a second?

Guest anssi_s

OK, I had a change of heart... UI mods with search button are BACK! ;)

P

Thanks! Well, if you're fiddling with it, I'd like the variation "Menu button on right with search button installed to /system partition" :)

Guest PaulOBrien

Could you confirm it you're using the T9 contacts too? That's technically the 4.1.2 version so that could be the problem, i'll have a look.

P

Guest cam_neely

My phone wakes up from sleep and turn on the screen often. Also the battery drains about double as fast as before. What should I do?

Seems like it is waking up the screen for every notification I get. Google Now, mail etc.

Hello Paul,

with Android 4.2 Timeriffic can´t turn on and off Airplane mode and this is what the support wrote to me: "Unfortunately this feature is no longer part of the "standard" Android SDK and normal apps no longer have the ability to toggle that setting."

Could you solve this problem or do you know somebody who could do that?

Thank you for your great job!

Best regards.