Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
hey Paul,

back with the nexus one, lil hermit came out with an update to TBA that would alternatively blink the colors... in other words, if you got an email (green), a tweet (cyan), and missed call (red).... it would flash green-cyan-red. now, and for some time, if you get a couple alerts, it will only flash the color of the one that came in first.

sooo my question is, can we make this happen? I love tba, but even more when it is blinking like a christmas tree.

btw, rom is working fantastic. thanks much!

Probably worth asking @lilh3rmit about that!

P

Guest crowley35

running Galaxy Nexus, bluetooth seems to be broken, no matter what device i connect to, it disconnects a short time later, went back to stock 4.2.1 and I no longer have bluetooth issues, thoughts?

Guest dmcconachie

running Galaxy Nexus, bluetooth seems to be broken, no matter what device i connect to, it disconnects a short time later, went back to stock 4.2.1 and I no longer have bluetooth issues, thoughts?

Hmm, strange, i'll try and replicate it!

Seems to be functioning ok on my GNex

Guest crowley35

Hmm, strange, i'll try and replicate it!

P

Hey Paul, I went back to 4.2.1 stock on my Galaxy Nexus, and Bluetooth seems to be dropping now too, so it isn't just your ROM, i am going to revert back to 4.2.0 and see if the issue still occurs, hopefully they didnt break bluetooth in 4.2.1

Guest nickmack

Just updated to the JR9 4.2.1, I cleared cache/data,but I have a strange issue that didn't occur on JR8.

Sometimes, when I go out of WiFi range, mobile data does not work, it is Enabled, but when I look in the APN settings, nothing is showing up. If I open the telephony.db SQLite database, I can see all the APNs on the carrier table, but non are marked as default. If I update the correct APN row to set the default value to 1, it doesn't seem to show the APNs still. The only way to rectify appears to be a soft reset.

Has anyone else seen this issue or got any ideas what else needs to run to recognise the APN as default? I've seen some other issues reported on Android before relating to problems reading the MCC/MNC and mathing with the APN entries...

Guest ogdobber

Probably worth asking @lilh3rmit about that!

P

so doing a little research, it was called "successive notifications" found a N1 patch here http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=640179 though obviously that would'nt work

not sure why @lilh3rmit got rid of it...maybe was just a hassle and people forgot how awesome it was

edit* so i found why it was abandoned

Again we ditched this in favour of battery (big battery drain, changing the led even when sleep) it was available in the CM6 days wink.gif

I "maybe" and I repeat "maybe" release this under a new name, with new ics/jb interface/ without Trackball specific name

even still, it could be turned off within the app if I remember right.

Edited by ogdobber

Guest anssi_s

Does anyone want me to add in multi user support? I have it working...

P

Definitely! I've long wanted to have some kind of "guest" mode in the phone so that I can let people try it out without them having access to my personal stuff. Having multiple users would work for that I think.

Guest comicbookguy

probably the kernels haven't quite caught up yet ;)

battery life on the Nexus 4 seems about the same or slightly worse :(, but i am using Llama which eats a bit of battery

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest siedkins

MultiUser support via kitchen only please

I definitely use my phone differently to how I use my Tablet as it is very rare that I give my phone to anyone else and even then it would most likely be my wife rather than someone who I was worried about them looking through it.

Can I ask if there will be any downsides? I have some apps which weren't too happy with the move to 4.2 but I take it that adding MultiUser functionality won't break anything any further? I.e. if it works in 4.2 then the app will work with MultiUser?