Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest asteinar

has anyone else noticed that the battery life seems to have taken a hit since the move to 4.2? i cant think what exactly is causing it though.

I have the same experience. Charging the phone more frequently to be sure that I have enough battery. I'm not sure what it is cause by, but I have fixed the sync to not be syncing as often. Unsure of this has actually had any result for longer battery life. However, I also experience some problems with sending text messages (SMS). I'm not sure what this is caused by.

I have the same experience. Charging the phone more frequently to be sure that I have enough battery. I'm not sure what it is cause by, but I have fixed the sync to not be syncing as often. Unsure of this has actually had any result for longer battery life. However, I also experience some problems with sending text messages (SMS). I'm not sure what this is caused by.

Me to. When I received message, i will received each message 3 times. But not always... very strange problem.

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Battery life has dramatically decreased since 4.2. My Nexus doesn't survive a day at work. I guess, it's because of attempts to log into 3g. That was always a pity at my workplace, but it is more worse since 4.2.

Has anybody an alternative but smooth running kernel? I used Franco's but it lags as hell. I also tested Trinity's which is unusable.

And Facelock gets always baked in, even when disabled in the kitchen.

Guest comicbookguy

The kitchens now include an option to enable NFC when the screen is off.

P

Excellent! Will this be coming to Nexus 4 too? Got my first tags last night and It did seem odd that a tag couldn't be used to wake the device....

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

Excellent! Will this be coming to Nexus 4 too? Got my first tags last night and It did seem odd that a tag couldn't be used to wake the device....

Yes indeed!

hmm battery life seems to be getting even worse

2012-12-04%2012.55.49.png2012-12-04125549.png

Use betterbatterystats to get a clue what is draining your battery...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm just fixing the 'maps' crash that affects some operations in Facebook, Foursquare and Tweakdeck amongst others then i'll be ready to release the new version. :-)

P

Guest comicbookguy

I'm just fixing the 'maps' crash that affects some operations in Facebook, Foursquare and Tweakdeck amongst others then i'll be ready to release the new version. :-)

P

Ah... Wondered what was crashing Llama maps add on.... Could it be this?

Guest ogdobber

hmm battery life seems to be getting even worse

2012-12-04%2012.55.49.png2012-12-04125549.png

i am seeing better than ever battery life in 4.2.1....

task killer? I thought we stopped using that in froyo?

Guest corpisa

task killer? I thought we stopped using that in froyo?

+1 jaja... :P

i feel normal battery drain on 4.2.1 aswell but different users, different setups = different results for everyone.

slds,

Guest mark2410

oh i still like being able to force close things so task killer stays.

also paul have looked at better battery stats and its wlan_rx_wake thats eating most

Guest ogdobber

oh i still like being able to force close things so task killer stays.

also paul have looked at better battery stats and its wlan_rx_wake thats eating most

thats usually a kernel issue

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah... Wondered what was crashing Llama maps add on.... Could it be this?

Yes!

Paul,

Can you fix the GPS icon? It doesn't flash when searching for satellites any more...

That's odd, I'll look into to that!

P

Just posted a similar comment in the N4 kitchen thread (I have an N4 and a GN) -- I tried to do a custom bake that included the radio, but I don't see it in the zip. Filename is Jr9-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-c25e1777a39db5325e5558c9131c708f.zip

The options.txt file:

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr10 is now in the kitchen ready for baking! :) The prebake will be online later today as soon as I have finished testing. :)

P

Changelog

5th December

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Fixed embedded maps crash
  • All builds now include a customised version of the excellent 'Quick Settings' mod by kevdlui
  • A number of other small fixes and improvements
  • Added option to enable NFC when screen is off
  • Unified kitchen options across Nexus MCRs (some additional options available)

Guest Kevin Doerr

It's been a while since I've downloaded the new version of your ROM, and I noticed that Teamviewer Quicksupport is no longer available? I tried searching for why, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien
It's been a while since I've downloaded the new version of your ROM, and I noticed that Teamviewer Quicksupport is no longer available? I tried searching for why, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

It's currently not compatible with 4.2 ROMs I believe...

P