Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gadgetgaz

Thanks Paul for this ROM.

Could I have people's views on a couple of issues, please?

1. Stay awake doesn't seem to work for me. Some people have mentioned the tickbox in developer settings for "stay awake" but I am sure that is a different thing altogether and relates to the screen staying on when charging. I can't find a setting anywhere for the function that is supposed to watch out for whether someone is looking at the screen.
  2. When nothing is happening (I'm not travelling or have no appointments) not even the weather card shows up even though I have ticked for it to be shown all the time. I'm not saying Now is not working because I do see cards appearing but I thought the weather card would always be visible.
  3. Offline speech recognition definitely does work. In "voice search settings / Voice / Download offline speech recogn." there are two entries - English(US) 32MB and English (UK) 15MB. Only the UK can be uninstalled. If I put it into airplane mode and choose voice dialling it stsrts to type when I speak! You have to have the standard JB keyboard though active though, I can't see a way to do it with swiftkey.

Thanks everyone.

Guest MacAllan

All seems to work fine after a wipe before install.

I had the weather in notification menu but then i pushed the button to remove all notifications and the weather was removed as well, now i can't get it back.

Btw, I had problems with Google Now (living in Sweden) and couldn't get it to do more then a web serch on google, but after following this tutorial Google Now works like a charm :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1740542

Edited by MacAllan

Guest hally83

Thanks Paul for this ROM.

Could I have people's views on a couple of issues, please?

1. Stay awake doesn't seem to work for me. Some people have mentioned the tickbox in developer settings for "stay awake" but I am sure that is a different thing altogether and relates to the screen staying on when charging. I can't find a setting anywhere for the function that is supposed to watch out for whether someone is looking at the screen

The thing you are thinking of is a SGS3 feature, not JB.

Guest Brembo109

[*]Stay awake doesn't seem to work for me. Some people have mentioned the tickbox in developer settings for "stay awake" but I am sure that is a different thing altogether and relates to the screen staying on when charging. I can't find a setting anywhere for the function that is supposed to watch out for whether someone is looking at the screen.

Isn't that only a SGS 3 thing?

Guest Brembo109

How can I find out which boot image im using? I use a kitchen rom

Edit: im on PRIMEKK15

Edited by Brembo109

Guest cam_neely

For me Google Search do not work. It starts up and I see a mountain, then it stops. Everything else seems to work great. Anyone else with this issue?

Same thing with Prebake and Kitchen

Edited by cam_neely

Guest dragon1720

Hi,

Firstly, thanks Paul, I'm really enjoying this ROM.

However, I was wondering if anyone else has been having issues setting up an exchange account? I've not had this problem on any previous MoDaCo rom and I did a full wipe before updating.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dragon1720

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Exchange working fine for me, even with security policy removed which started with a couple of FC's on Exchange...

Edited by CaspaTheGhost

Guest dragon1720

Hi Caspa,

Thanks for the response.

I know all the details are correct, but after entering server settings etc it tries to connect. Normally it would show a message requiring permissions within a few seconds. Now, however it tried to connect for about 5 mins then it just fails.

On a side note it was also working fine yesterday prior to me upgrading.

Thanks,

Guest gadgetgaz

The thing you are thinking of is a SGS3 feature, not JB.

Oh crap, you're absolutely correct. I've been reading about that many phones lately I got things all confused :wacko:

Guest comicbookguy

Oh crap, you're absolutely correct. I've been reading about that many phones lately I got things all confused :wacko:

There's an app on the market called "isee you" that's worth a try....

Guest jmagee

Screeble is also an app that works in a similar fashion.

Anyone having problems with NatWest banking app? I can log in but not see any information like balances just account numbers

Guest Brembo109

Odex Me is not working anymore, it worked with my first bake of jr1,ir14 and cm9. But now my device restarts, but Odex me doesn't disappear and there are still no .odex files in /system/app

Which boot image are you using? Prebake?

P

How can I find out which boot image im using? I use a kitchen rom

Edit: im on PRIMEKK15

Odex-Me Problem solved!

It was the old bootloader i used, after an upgrade to i9250LA03 Odex-Me is working.

Thanks Paul.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest vagelis
I bought the membership. Hoping for a complete control over navbar button order, not just the menu button :)

That has not ever been offered (yet) by MCR Roms; AOKP does afaik...

Guest jmagee

Have voice actions disappeared in JB? e.g. "Call Dave mobile"

It seems that way. My voice dialer app doesn't work either always FC's

Guest jmagee

I bought the membership. Hoping for a complete control over navbar button order, not just the menu button :)

What more control do you need? If they were hard buttons you'd have none :)

What more control do you need? If they were hard buttons you'd have none :)

All the control I can get of course, what a weird question. It's possible in AOKP so it's possible in MCR.

Edited by Jiia

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Hi,

Firstly, thanks Paul, I'm really enjoying this ROM.

However, I was wondering if anyone else has been having issues setting up an exchange account? I've not had this problem on any previous MoDaCo rom and I did a full wipe before updating.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dragon1720

no problems

have my work exchange account working flawless.. like in previous versions of mcr

Guest djmcnz
It's possible in AOKP so it's possible in MCR.

No, not really. You would need to create that from source and build it in to the framework.

Guest dimmanramone

hmm it seems latitude thinks i have no friends. anyone else getting that?

fwiw i have the "google latitude has no friends" problem as well, using yesterday's prebake

now gonna try a new custom bake

and yes i have friends

My Latitude friends aren't showing either. Wonder if it's a Maps compatability issue, I obviously haven't modified that at all? I'll investigate tho.

P

no friends for me either on lattitude testing bigxie's stock rom from xda... <_< guess is google thing!!

We are lonely people. No friends here either.

I also support full wipe. Never had issues coming from previous mcrs except now. No menu buttons, system ui fcs.

After the wipe, restored apps with titanium, and rolling sweet with minor issues

Weird actually, if I move maps to /system/app all the friends disappear! So use the fix above for now I think...!

P

Anyone found any other solution in the latitude friends problem, except the one that Paul is proposing?

Guest dimmanramone

So long the ROM is working really great, better than any other ROM that I had in my phone, it feels really like a new phone. JB is really great and big thanks to Paul for the ROM.

The TB problems are gone and after using SuperSU I don't have the su problems anymore.

One thing that is a little bit weird though is that Tapatalk is keeping awake my phone a lot, currently is 13% (5h 40m). Anyone else noticed it? Probably is tapatalks problem and not the ROMs but haven't seen that with ICS.

I'm thinking about trying the latest franco kernel for JB. Has anyone tried it with JR1?

@Paul I have a little request. Is it possible to have a stock kernel zip in the first post instead of flashing again the whole ROM for them that are trying other kernels and wants to go back to stock?

Guest gadgetgaz

I'm thinking about trying the latest franco kernel for JB. Has anyone tried it with JR1?

I have flashed the latest franco kernel (r210 - I think there is only one anyway listed for jellybean). It's too early to tell any benefits yet but there doesn't appear to be any problems so far.

Edited by gadgetgaz